Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Play Counts, Denita Dinger
Miss A 08:36 AM 03-09-2018
How many of you have read Denita Dinger's books or follow her Play Counts! page on social media?

I absolutely love Denita's philosophy and her approach, and I love how she is such a outspoken advocate for Play! Her posts are my daily inspiration, and are always a great reminder to me that setting the stage for play and imagination really are the best ways to effectively help a child learn and grow.
storybookending 08:45 AM 03-09-2018
Originally Posted by Miss A:
How many of you have read Denita Dinger's books or follow her Play Counts! page on social media?

I absolutely love Denita's philosophy and her approach, and I love how she is such a outspoken advocate for Play! Her posts are my daily inspiration, and are always a great reminder to me that setting the stage for play and imagination really are the best ways to effectively help a child learn and grow.
I have actually never heard of her. What is the Facebook page?
Miss A 09:02 AM 03-09-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
I have actually never heard of her. What is the Facebook page?
https://www.facebook.com/Play-Counts...1352815884541/
daycarediva 09:26 AM 03-09-2018
Yep. She and Lisa Murphy/Ooey Gooey lady, I facebook chat with often. I am in Denita's private facebook group. She is an amazing wealth of knowledge.

Both of those women helped me change my philosophy. I used to be a very academic, structured, controlled, preschool.

I also am a huge fan of Jeff Johnson (explorations early learning)

and a BIG podcast nerd. I listen to them at rest time. Love them!
CalCare 04:16 PM 03-09-2018
Yes, I believe she had another book about play based curriculum, maybe co-authored. I can't find the title. But, yes I definitely believe in the power of play and I don't do any academics at all. I'm sure it costs me families, but I love the ones I do get. Because they are fully on board. I wish I could figure out how to post a picture from my phone. I have some really nice set up pics that I'm happy with, on my phone from this week.
LK5kids 01:34 PM 03-10-2018
I follow Danita on FB and read her posts often. I think she does an amazing job, I get where she is coming from. That said, I'm not interested in going that far with open ended play. Just too way outside the box for me.

I'm not a proponent for academic preschool experiences but I'm unable to swing as far as Danita's philosophy either.

I do think her children get an awesome experience and I also see her philosophy helping to possibly swinging the pendulum back away from where it's gone in kindergarten and preschool. It saddens me to see what kindergarten has morphed into.
Tags:book suggestions, denita dinger
Reply Up