Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Do Any Of You Provide Child Care Without Providing A Pre-School Program?
rhondawarren 12:47 PM 04-05-2012
I am just curious as to whether any of you provide childcare but do not provide a pre-school program?

I provide Unlicensed In Home childcare and I do not currently have a "Pre-School Program" in place. I do however do activities with the children such as reading to them, letters, flashcards and things. I just do not have a pre-school program in place.

My three children attend an Online Public School and they do their schooling at home. Well my youngest this year is in Kindergarten. So I have taken the opportunity this year to do the things that his school required and done those things with the children. We read stories, work on letters and things like that. I done this with the children I provide childcare for while doing my own son's schoolwork.

I am wondering if a Pre-School Program is something I should have in place??

I dont want to create more responsibilities than I am able to handle and one of my main reasons for wanting to do a business from home was to be there for my children and their schoolwork. So I dont want to over do it.

The children in my care definately stay busy with fun activities, listening to stories, outdoor play and lots of fun educational things. I was just wondering if it was necessary to have a pre-school program in place?

Since I am an unlicensed provider I watch a very small group of children.
Tags:curriculum, preschool curriculum
Up