Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fuming . . . Crazy DCM
spedmommy4 06:52 PM 12-07-2015
Same parent as last post. She is not returning tomorrow but I am so furious right not.

The mom who did not like my assistant called, and she isn't bringing her kids back. Now she is angry because I don't take her daughter potty every hour. That is what good day cares do. I don't care about her daughter because I didn't.

Her daughter was up at 2 today. She went potty immediately following nap time. (2:15ish) Her mom arrived at 3:20. Dcg had just had an accident. Mom calls me after hours yelling that I should been taking dcg every 45 minutes to an hour.

Yes, I totally have time to do that with 11 other kids here. Ugh!! I am inclined to hold her to paying for the two weeks notice, just because I am so infuriated right now.
Thriftylady 07:05 PM 12-07-2015
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
Same parent as last post. She is not returning tomorrow but I am so furious right not.

The mom who did not like my assistant called, and she isn't bringing her kids back. Now she is angry because I don't take her daughter potty every hour. That is what good day cares do. I don't care about her daughter because I didn't.

Her daughter was up at 2 today. She went potty immediately following nap time. (2:15ish) Her mom arrived at 3:20. Dcg had just had an accident. Mom calls me after hours yelling that I should been taking dcg every 45 minutes to an hour.

Yes, I totally have time to do that with 11 other kids here. Ugh!! I am inclined to hold her to paying for the two weeks notice, just because I am so infuriated right now.
Sounds to me like she was just looking for a reason to leave. When you didn't let her pull the race card, she found something else.

ETA: And for that I would bill the two weeks.
Unregistered 07:23 PM 12-07-2015
I would send a brief polite email confirming that she has ended care effective immediately, a reminder of the fees remaining, and a wish you all the best in securing childcare closing.

No point in arguing that taking kids every 45 minutes to an hour trains the caregivers not the children. Sound like the accident was just before the hour mark if Mom picked up at 3:20.

I agree that mom is looking for away out.
childcaremom 01:49 AM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Sounds to me like she was just looking for a reason to leave. When you didn't let her pull the race card, she found something else.

ETA: And for that I would bill the two weeks.

Play Care 03:02 AM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I would send a brief polite email confirming that she has ended care effective immediately, a reminder of the fees remaining, and a wish you all the best in securing childcare closing.

No point in arguing that taking kids every 45 minutes to an hour trains the caregivers not the children. Sound like the accident was just before the hour mark if Mom picked up at 3:20.

I agree that mom is looking for away out.

I'm sorry that she did that, but I think there was going to be a "come to Jesus" moment anyway and now you don't have to.
laundrymom 03:39 AM 12-08-2015
Write her a term notice.

Reason::
Parent dissatisfied with programs developmentally appropriate toilet learning policies that have been in effect many years. Parent is upset that child isn't forced child to sit on toilet more than once per hour.

As per childcare agreement parent is responsible for childcare fees of $x.xx for the notice period.
Laurel 04:09 AM 12-08-2015

If a daycare parent called and yelled at me I'd say "Get over yourself" and hang up immediately.

What a piece of work!
DaveA 05:18 AM 12-08-2015
I agree with other posters- time to cut ties with DCF as of NOW.
Blackcat31 05:30 AM 12-08-2015
Aw, I'm sorry Spedmommy! That sucks..... it's always the parent we least expect and then when it starts to unravel it goes rather swiftly.

I agree with the others and would definitely bill the final two weeks but like Unregistered said, its pointless to try and "educate" someone about potty training (or any of your policies) now that they've said they were leaving so I'd just let that part go.

I'm sure Karma will catch up with her sooner or later.

spedmommy4 05:56 AM 12-08-2015
Thanks all. This situation kept me up last night. The mom is subsidized and called to complain to her caseworker to get an immediate switch. It just has me stressing over what she said as I could lose my contract with the referral agency over her. I will be calling them today.

I did write her an email. (Not sure if it will do any good) My staff and I take a ton of pictures, all of which are saved. I also have the daily diapering and potty logs for her girls. I don't believe she has a leg to stand on and I am billing for the two weeks. I am not going to be bullied by this lady.
Thriftylady 07:08 AM 12-08-2015
Thanks all. This situation kept me up last night. The mom is subsidized and called to complain to her caseworker to get an immediate switch. It just has me stressing over what she said as I could lose my contract with the referral agency over her. I will be calling them today.

I did write her an email. (Not sure if it will do any good) My staff and I take a ton of pictures, all of which are saved. I also have the daily diapering and potty logs for her girls. I don't believe she has a leg to stand on and I am billing for the two weeks. I am not going to be bullied by this lady.
I agree with you about contacting the agencies. They need to know what she has done.
DaveA 07:10 AM 12-08-2015

For all the headaches, it sounds like you're handling the situation about as well as can be done. Good luck
sharlan 07:17 AM 12-08-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Aw, I'm sorry Spedmommy! That sucks..... it's always the parent we least expect and then when it starts to unravel it goes rather swiftly.

I agree with the others and would definitely bill the final two weeks but like Unregistered said, its pointless to try and "educate" someone about potty training (or any of your policies) now that they've said they were leaving so I'd just let that part go.

I'm sure Karma will catch up with her sooner or later.

Isn't that the truth!
Ariana 11:03 AM 12-08-2015

You did nothing wrong. Remember that.
midaycare 11:18 AM 12-08-2015
The whole situation just bites.
Tags:parents - are clueless
Reply Up