Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>HELP! DCB Will Not Nap!!!
tmcp2001 11:43 AM 11-08-2010
Title says it all - I have a 2yo dcb who will NOT nap! Up until last week he had been napping just fine in a pnp in one of the bedrooms. Then he learned to climb out of the pnp. So, I moved the pnp into the living room with the other older kids. It's dark, quiet and I have some relaxation music on. I have as many as 4 other kids napping just fine in there. It's been four days and he has not fallen asleep during the 2 hour nap period, not even once. *^$@#$@!!!!! It's extra frustrating because his mom is getting frustrated with me about it (believe me, I would give ANYTHING to have my only break back, anything!!!). He also sleeps later than any of my other dcks - today everyone else was here by 7:30 but he wasn't here until 9:30. Everyone else is SO ready to sleep by 12/12:30!

He is definately NOT ready for a nap mat - he does NOT stay still. I already spend a solid 1.5 hours sitting on the floor in front of him to make sure he lies down. Getting him to fall asleep is impossible!!!

I'm at my wits end. Not having even a short break during a 10 hour day (followed by caring for my own children!) is starting to make me feel a little crazy. (Oh, and did I mention that I'm also sick today?) HELP!
QualiTcare 11:48 AM 11-08-2010
that's annoying that the mom is getting frustrated with you! have you mentioned that he's not ready to nap because he sleeps late in the morning? you'd think that would be common sense, but i guess not. i used to drop my kids off at daycare and then go back home to get ready if i had to be at work/school late in the morning JUST so they would nap - partly for the teacher's sake and partly bc i didn't want my kid lying awake on a mat for 2-3 hours being forced to be still. maybe she'd be willing to start bringing him in earlier? i did it.
Tags:sleep problems, won't sleep
Reply Up