Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Where Do You All Buy DC Items?
Nickel 09:01 PM 07-11-2012
So, I'm looking at starting my own home daycare (as I've said before) and I've decided to just go with the state and skip the military fcc office for now. that may change in the future. By doing so I will no longer get the perks of them providing dc items like cots, outdoor play equipment, shelves, educational toys and books, etc... So I'm going to have to come out of pocket.

BUT since I only want 1-3 children I think it's best to go ahead and just be legally listed. That's what they call it here. So I was wondering if anyone could recommend sites that have these items that DON'T cost an arm and a leg. I've been trying to find those stackable nap cots specifically and outdoor toys but every site I've looked at has been pricey. I just can't afford all of that right now, but I don't have the space for pack and plays. Nor do I want to set them up and collapse them every day. The cots would fit nicely in my closet and I think my daughter would sleep on it better. There's no way she would sleep in a pnp...

SO.... What do you all do for nap time? Where do you buy your dc items? I've been searching used sites but kid items go super fast and there isn't much offered either. I'm going to check out some thrift stores tomorrow and there's a used kids place too I want to stop by, but other than that, I'm at a loss.

Thanks for the help!!!
spud912 09:10 PM 07-11-2012
Used: Craigslist, garage sales, thrift stores

New: Discount School Supply, Amazon, Oriental Trading
Nickel 09:14 PM 07-11-2012
Thank you! I didn't even think of amazon. I'm checking out there site now and it is cheaper then I've found, for the cots at least. And they have those mats, so maybe I'll just go with those for now and switch to the cots later.

And I love oriental trading!!! I will have to check out the other sites as well.

So far I've gotten some used stuff on craigslist and through swap and sell groups on facebook. I even tried freecycle but didn't get far with that. I'm planning on scoping out some yardsales this weekend to since it's hubby pay day

thank you for the tips. i'll check them all out!
Reply Up