Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare and Taxes

Daycare and Taxes All things related to Taxes and running a Daycare post here. Topics of tax exemptions, forms, filings, tax write offs, IRS etc.

Old 06-01-2017, 01:26 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Can You Deduct Clothing?

Ok this may be a silly question but I'm going to ask anyways

I'm buying a few new t-shirts that are educational in nature for DC wear. Can clothing be deducted at all? T/S%?
Old 06-01-2017, 03:55 AM
Daycare.com Member

I wear my daycare name tshirts only. Accountant said they are deductible 100%. Same with kids shirts I buy every school year with daycare name.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:28 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
I wear my daycare name tshirts only. Accountant said they are deductible 100%. Same with kids shirts I buy every school year with daycare name.
where do you get your shirts made? Sorry to change the subject.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:50 AM
Business Author/Trainer

Default Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Ok this may be a silly question but I'm going to ask anyways

I'm buying a few new t-shirts that are educational in nature for DC wear. Can clothing be deducted at all? T/S%?
Clothing that you wear with your business name on it, or a logo or words about family child care would be deductible as advertising. It's not clear if a t-shirt that said, "Children are our future" or something like that would be considered advertising. Probably. T-shirts for daycare children would always be deductible even if it says nothing on it.

Clothing you wear that doesn't have some message on it that could be called advertising is not deductible, even if you only wear it during business hours.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:27 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
where do you get your shirts made? Sorry to change the subject.
Zillow. I wait until they're having a sale on shirts and then order. I've been very happy with them (I like the women's fit and baseball style shirts) and the kids shirts I can usually grab for around $6/shirt. They also allow you to upload your own logo without charging for it, local printers wanted to charge me $250!
Old 06-01-2017, 12:01 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

Quote:
Zillow. I wait until they're having a sale on shirts and then order. I've been very happy with them (I like the women's fit and baseball style shirts) and the kids shirts I can usually grab for around $6/shirt. They also allow you to upload your own logo without charging for it, local printers wanted to charge me $250!
I have ordered through vista print and the shirts for adults are very expensive for my pocket at around $30 each. I use their clip art.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:29 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Zillow is for real estate prices. Did you mean another website? Or am I missing it?
Old 06-02-2017, 07:52 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm1225 View Post
Zillow is for real estate prices. Did you mean another website? Or am I missing it?

ZAZZLE.

either auto correct or a brain malfunction.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:49 AM
Daycare.com Member

Oh how I wish we could write it off!!!!!

This business is really tough on my clothing so I wish I could write it off. I dress on the casual end of business casual (no jeans, no tennis shoes, no flip flops but still casual) and I am finding clothes I wear for work cannot really be wore elsewhere...... I need my own work clothes just dedicated to work.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGarden View Post
Oh how I wish we could write it off!!!!!

This business is really tough on my clothing so I wish I could write it off. I dress on the casual end of business casual (no jeans, no tennis shoes, no flip flops but still casual) and I am finding clothes I wear for work cannot really be wore elsewhere...... I need my own work clothes just dedicated to work.
What in the world are you doing that your clothing is wearing out?

I wear casual clothing for work as well (khaki type pants/capris and cute tees and tops) but haven't yet felt the need to designate work clothes from regular clothes.

So I am just curious...

Tags
deduction - cloths