Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Food Receipts/Standard Deduction
Boymom 10:00 PM 02-01-2016
I am trying to figure out if I should keep my food receipts or just use the standard deduction. (I'm not on the food program.) I entered all of my food expenses into MMK, but I just realized that I can't use time/space for shared food so I'm confused on what to do now. I only have one daycare kid that I provide food for (the others are babies and their parents provide the food.) Can I add my own child to MMK and use the standard deduction for him and the other daycare kid? I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing!
Thriftylady 04:35 AM 02-02-2016
I just use the standard deduction. Our food is shared, so that is the only way I really know to do it. I serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. We eat the same dinner as the kiddos, and sometimes I will use leftovers for the other purpose (family vs. child care), so that is the only real way I can do it. Add to that I don't want to deal with two transactions every time I shop for food.
Boymom 05:50 AM 02-02-2016
That's what I have been doing and it's a pain in the butt lol! Can I include my son in the calculation of the food since I do buy food for both of them? I didn't know how it worked with our own kids.
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Add to that I don't want to deal with two transactions every time I shop for food.

Thriftylady 06:48 AM 02-02-2016
Originally Posted by Boymom:
That's what I have been doing and it's a pain in the butt lol! Can I include my son in the calculation of the food since I do buy food for both of them? I didn't know how it worked with our own kids.
No you can't count your own child.
Boymom 07:08 AM 02-02-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
No you can't count your own child.
I thought so, I just wanted to make sure! It would probably be better if I did the receipt way then.
Reply Up