Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm So Done With Non Nappers That I Want To Scream
DaisyMamma 10:54 AM 07-16-2014
SERIOUSLY!
Just Be QUIET! That's what I want to scream. I can't take it any more. This is MY quiet time. Furthermore if they wake up those nappers it makes for such a FUN, and might I add, LENGTHENED, afternoon!

Two of the three SA are mine. Is it time for summer to end yet? There is no way I'm taking school agers again. This really IS the last time for me. I'm not sure what I will do with my own SA next year. But they can't be here. It's not good for my blood pressure.

To make matters worse there are TWO adults in the house today. GET OUT OF MY WAY PEOPLE. I'm so glad it's your day off and that's great for you, but WTH? I am WORKING!

THANKS FOR READING MY VENT!
I HOPE YOUR DAY IS GOING BETTER THAN MINE!!!
DaisyMamma 10:55 AM 07-16-2014
YOU WOULD think that one of these adults would offer to take the SA kids out of my way. Seeing as one is my DH. GRRRRRRR
Shell 10:57 AM 07-16-2014
Oh, I hear you!!! Dealing with the same issues, except it's just turned four year olds that refuse to nap.
Tdhmom 11:00 AM 07-16-2014
If you figure out a way to get your husband's help in any way during the day...please let me know how you do it!!! Mine will just roll his eyes and he's out the door... my only SA are our own kids!!!! And he still has yet to offer to get them out of my hair. I'm soooooo ready for school to start back up...less than a month left!
daycarediva 11:00 AM 07-16-2014
Send your dh a text "Your children are disrupting nap time. I need them picked up from daycare promptly."

I'm sorry your day is going so poorly! I stopped SA this summer (one going INTO K, but she still naps) and my own SA are at home. I enrolled my kids in a daycamp M/W/F, and T/TH they are allowed to watch a movie on Amazon or Netflix or play Wii. They lose those things if I have to ask ONCE to lower the noise. *knock on wood* so far, so good.
Play Care 11:03 AM 07-16-2014
Today my dc kids decided to not nap and be disruptive. I am sitting in the nap room until they fall asleep, because otherwise they will be miserable this afternoon.
DaisyMamma 11:08 AM 07-16-2014
Originally Posted by Tdhmom:
If you figure out a way to get your husband's help in any way during the day...please let me know how you do it!!! Mine will just roll his eyes and he's out the door... my only SA are our own kids!!!! And he still has yet to offer to get them out of my hair. I'm soooooo ready for school to start back up...less than a month left!
Can I just say how VERY LUCKY you are that at least he LEAVES!

Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Send your dh a text "Your children are disrupting nap time. I need them picked up from daycare promptly."
Yep. I hear you. I consider him much WORSE than those of my DCPs who are daycare dumpers. Today the other SA's dad is home and hasn't seen his children in two weeks. SICKENING!
rosieteddy 11:16 AM 07-16-2014
I feel your pain.My husband and adult son are both unemployed.No matter how many times I tell them take the dogs(two ,one my daughter drops off for doggie daycare..whole other story)and get out between 1 and 3:30 THEY JUST DO NOT GET IT.My son sleeps until 12 and then trys to get coffee while I am getting lunch cooked grrrrrrrr. My husband just doesn't understand why I care.I have a child in all rooms on first floor.I actually sent my 10 and 12 yr old grandsons to camp.They come at 7;30 and my husband drives them and comes back to bed.He is driving me crazy. I really know what you are going through.
DaisyMamma 11:17 AM 07-16-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Today my dc kids decided to not nap and be disruptive. I am sitting in the nap room until they fall asleep, because otherwise they will be miserable this afternoon.
If all the kids nap and they are all doing this, I actually don't mind it, unless Ive had a bad morning....BECAUSE it means they wake up later!!!
Play Care 12:21 PM 07-16-2014
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
If all the kids nap and they are all doing this, I actually don't mind it, unless Ive had a bad morning....BECAUSE it means they wake up later!!!
I wish!! Usually it means I spend half of nap sitting waiting until they fall asleep only to have them start waking up the second I leave... And then I don't like them to sleep too late because I don't want parents to complain
midaycare 12:27 PM 07-16-2014
My DH had a vacation day last week and I went to ask him a few questions during nap time. He paused the tv and said, "This is my vacation day! I get bothered more at home than at work!"

I turned on him and was like, "Vacation day doesn't mean vacation from your family, buddy!" I must have also had one heck of a look on my face because he became much more nice and helpful.
DaisyMamma 12:59 PM 07-16-2014
Originally Posted by midaycare:
My DH had a vacation day last week and I went to ask him a few questions during nap time. He paused the tv and said, "This is my vacation day! I get bothered more at home than at work!"

I turned on him and was like, "Vacation day doesn't mean vacation from your family, buddy!" I must have also had one heck of a look on my face because he became much more nice and helpful.
Are you kidding me? I would have kicked his bum. lol

Originally Posted by Play Care:
I wish!! Usually it means I spend half of nap sitting waiting until they fall asleep only to have them start waking up the second I leave... And then I don't like them to sleep too late because I don't want parents to complain
oh god no. I never wake a sleeping child.

Originally Posted by rosieteddy:
I feel your pain.My husband and adult son are both unemployed.No matter how many times I tell them take the dogs(two ,one my daughter drops off for doggie daycare..whole other story)and get out between 1 and 3:30 THEY JUST DO NOT GET IT.My son sleeps until 12 and then trys to get coffee while I am getting lunch cooked grrrrrrrr. My husband just doesn't understand why I care.I have a child in all rooms on first floor.I actually sent my 10 and 12 yr old grandsons to camp.They come at 7;30 and my husband drives them and comes back to bed.He is driving me crazy. I really know what you are going through.
That is so terrible. I'm sorry. I have a tiny kitchen and go through this problem every day at noon as well. DH is hungry too and really doen't give a damn that I'm trying to give the dcks lunch The other does stay out of the way, even leaves the kitchen if I need to make lunch,
Thank goodness my DH is only home one day a week.

Does your son at least leave by 1:00?
If I were you I would expect a list from each at 3:30 as to where they applied for jobs while they were out (no really, I would)
I would also tell your son that he has until 11:45 to get his coffee and after that the kitchen is off limits
Josiegirl 03:12 AM 07-17-2014
Oh I couldn't stand it when my dh used to have 1 1/2 days off every single week during the summer. He'd be underfoot all day long, watching tv right in the living room, the whole time. And during nap time there was never any quiet. He'd always yell at the kids cause they were being too noisy or interrupted his tv time. One day a dck went running through the living room playing with a toy vacuum cleaner. He took it from the dck and threw it across the room.
I don't think he ever got over dcfs and their kids being in our house. And there was no way I could keep them in 1 room all day. He always did have a temper if he wasn't in control.
We've been separated 7 yrs. now. It's so much more peaceful and I have no one standing over my shoulder telling me how to run my business or move away from the tv.
Unregistered 05:15 AM 07-17-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Oh I couldn't stand it when my dh used to have 1 1/2 days off every single week during the summer. He'd be underfoot all day long, watching tv right in the living room, the whole time. And during nap time there was never any quiet. He'd always yell at the kids cause they were being too noisy or interrupted his tv time. One day a dck went running through the living room playing with a toy vacuum cleaner. He took it from the dck and threw it across the room.
I don't think he ever got over dcfs and their kids being in our house. And there was no way I could keep them in 1 room all day. He always did have a temper if he wasn't in control.
We've been separated 7 yrs. now. It's so much more peaceful and I have no one standing over my shoulder telling me how to run my business or move away from the tv.
He sounds like my DH!
WOW
AmyKidsCo 01:10 PM 07-17-2014
I hear you! That's me every day. Seriously - no one else realizes you shouldn't tromp through the living room when the babies are sleeping? And you especially shouldn't stop in the middle to say something or sneeze? Ugh!
lovemykidstoo 02:13 PM 07-17-2014
Oh my gosh, I feel so much better now. My husband is self-employed so he can come and go out of here alot This is my second week with the 3 month old and he's a fusser. I finally get him to sleep and 2 other kids sleeping and 2 more watching a movie when in he comes. He cannot be quiet to save his life. First of all, the dumb dog started barking when he walked in the house and then he went up and down the stairs and sounded like a giant. Yup, all 3 woke up. Thought i would kill him. He gets mad and says "I live here too". He was out in 10 minutes to go to his golf league. Hope he had fun! grrrr
Reply Up