Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thought Tomorrow Was Gonna Be A Good Day With Everyone Taking Off!!!!
lilcupcakes09 02:02 PM 11-22-2011
Shoulda known better!!! All my parents were taking off except for one, which also happens to be my nephew, so not a big deal with him, I can run errands, sleep in(he comes at 9), etc.....well mom comes in at pick up, did you make plans for tomorrow?, my plans fell through and I have to work. Ugh!!!! Now I have two more here, and they are my fighters!!! Now it will be a very long day instead, one needs to entertained constantly or he is fighting with the others.... I may need to start my holiday cocktails early!!! I should have told her I already had plans but the nice in me said otherwise, Im a bad liar anyways
caligirl 03:14 PM 11-22-2011
yep. Has happened to me. I learned to have a 'oh gosh, I'm so sorry. I've got plans that I really can't change' response
MN Mom 04:22 PM 11-22-2011
Oy! ((((HUGS))) to you!

At pickup today DCM said they "might" have Thursday off...but probably not. My jaw dropped, I didn't know what to day except "But it's Thanksgiving, you know that right?". This family works at my in-law's farm. They get paid regardless if they are at work or not, BUT they also get paid their regular pay if they are at work....so working = regular pay + holiday pay. DH said, it shouldn't be a problem if you have to work, we can make room for 1 extra....UGH. ::EYEROLL::

I'm already cooking for 15...what's one more..

I told him after they left, that I should have said SURE but my fee is $50 dollars for holidays (I make 20/day now).....hindsight right???

It really won't be a big deal if he's here...he's very quiet, plays very well with my kids, is starting to eat everything I put in front of him....but Thanksgiving!!!! Reallly?!?!? I wonder what Christmas is going to entail......
Reply Up