Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>License Exempt Daycare - 3 Cousins
hgufrin 01:12 PM 02-02-2012
Do the three first cousins that might wife babysit let my wife qualify as License Exempt in the state of Illinois? She only babysits these three cousins

I have absolutely no idea how to get this information and DCFS will not return my call...
TomCopeland 08:57 AM 02-03-2012
Originally Posted by hgufrin:
Do the three first cousins that might wife babysit let my wife qualify as License Exempt in the state of Illinois? She only babysits these three cousins

I have absolutely no idea how to get this information and DCFS will not return my call...
Here's the IL licensing rule:https://www.daycare.com/illinois/
Blackcat31 12:30 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by hgufrin:

Illinois regulations say:

"Related” means any of the following relationships by blood, marriage, or adoption: parent, grandparent, sibling, great-grandparent, great-uncle, great-aunt, brother, sister, stepparent, stepbrother, stepsister, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece, or first cousin. (Section 2.04 of the Child Care Act of 1969 [225 ILCS 10/2.04])
hgufrin 12:33 PM 02-21-2019
I appreciate the response to this thread. Blackcat. But this thread is 7 years old. It does not apply to us anymore.
Blackcat31 12:33 PM 02-21-2019
I also found this: http://ccrs.illinois.edu/providers/licensing.html

Do I need to be licensed to do child care in my home?

If the number of unrelated children you provide care for, is more than three (including your own children under age 12), you will need to obtain a child care license from the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS).

Can I be license-exempt?

If you provide care for only three or fewer children under the age of thirteen, including your own, or children from a single household or only children related to you, then you may be license-exempt.

The Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) policy differs from DCFS in that while DCFS allows you to care for numberous children that are all related, IDHS only allows payment if the children are all from the same household family.

If they are related and but not from the same household, the limit is 3 children.

Under the guidelines of providing legal care, submitting necessary forms, and passing background checks, you will be able to receive payments at the License-exempt rate from IL DHS to care for children who are receiving state assistance.
Tags:illinois - requirements, license - exempt
Reply Up