Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Emergency Backup Care
Oneluckymom 01:24 PM 03-15-2012
Have any of you ever asked one or more of your parents to be an emergency backup in the event of an emergency, like if you have to take another child to the ER?

I can't ask my husband...he often can't leave work. I don't have neighbors that I know well and who are home during the day. No family in the immediate area.
Blackcat31 01:42 PM 03-15-2012
Yes, one of my long standing daycare mom's was someone I completely trusted and had had in care for many years agreed to be my emergency back up in case of an emergency. Not sickness or personal days but an unexpected emergency.

I was glad I asked her because a few days later about an hour before I closed, my DS broke his finger so badly the bone was sticking out and he had to be rushed to a city an hour away for some extensive surgery and I obviously went to be with him.

DCmom covered the last hour of care for me and I was able to be with my son. I was back at care the next morning, tired and a bit weary but super glad dcmom had my back for that.
countrymom 05:47 AM 03-16-2012
yes, I do. They all know each other so it works great.
MrsB 06:17 AM 03-16-2012
One of my previous DCM is one of my emergency back ups. Her kids were with me for 2 years before she was able to quit her job to stay home with kiddos. My husband was deploying to Iraq so I asked her and she said yes.
PitterPatter 11:49 AM 03-16-2012
No sadly I wouldn't trust most of my clients with children simply because I have seen many be neglected and even abused.

I would have to know them for years and never have a single doubt before I would trust them with someone elses child. My policy is I will never leave daycare kids with anyone I wouldn't leave my own child with. With the record I have been seeing that will never happen.

Kudos to those of you who have clients that trustworthy though! You are blessed hang on to those clients TIGHT!
Oneluckymom 01:09 PM 03-16-2012
Thanks! I have asked one of my mom's and she agreed!
Tags:backups
Reply Up