Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dangerous Dogs in The Neighborhood
NightOwl 01:31 AM 02-24-2016
Hello all. I haven't been on in a long while. I hope everyone is well. A terrible thing happened Friday night when two dogs came onto my property, snatched my beloved cat from my front porch, and killed her in my yard. I cried for 3 days. She was 8 years old and I loved her dearly. But that's not the problem at hand.

The problem is that I'm afraid to take my kids outside now and the parents are afraid to walk their children in from the driveway. They know what happened because some are my Facebook friends and one is my personal friend. And I would've had to explain my cat's disappearance anyway. I spent the weekend looking for these dogs and finally spotted them about 5 houses down the street. The owner was outside with one of the dogs on a leash, so I immediately confronted her. She was very apologetic and blamed it on her husband letting the dogs out. I told her that if I saw her dogs at my home again that they likely wouldn't be coming back to hers. Keep in mind, I was beyond emotional. I don't think I could actually kill the dogs. Anyway, she said she understood and that was the end of that conversation.

I called animal control Monday morning and they are useless. They did come out and issue a warning to the owners to keep their dogs contained, but they will not take the dogs unless they physically see them off of their own property. I don't want the dogs put down, but I want them away from here. I have an infant smaller than my cat was.

My playground is fenced, but these are big dogs and I've seen my own dog climb over the fence. I just don't feel safe and neither do the parents. Animal control won't help and I feel like a prisoner in my own home now. And I just bought this fantastic wagon to take the kids for walks. That's totally off the table now. I just don't know what to do.

I've seen the dogs loose 3 times in the last month but I'd never seen them before then. Either the people just moved in or just got the dogs. They live in a rental home and we are out in the county, which has very lax animal control laws. I've done some research and the only way they will take an animal into custody is if it has already bit/attacked a person. They could care less about my kitty. And even if they did take them, the owner could come bail them out the same day.

As much as I want to, I can't blame the dogs. They were doing what dogs have done for eons. This falls on the owners being irresponsible with their animals.

Any advice or similar experiences?
Thriftylady 05:06 AM 02-24-2016
I would try to calm down the fears of the parents and of yourself. I understand it, I honestly do. But I also understand that we can't let one event ruin our lives. I would avoid taking the kids for walks in front of that home, I would go another direction. And I would take them out in the fenced yard. My only other advice would be perhaps get some mace so if you saw them you could use it. It is what mail carriers use it will not kill the dog, but it wouldn't be nice for the dog either.
Second Home 05:29 AM 02-24-2016
Have the dogs ever gone after a person ? Many dogs will go after smaller animals but not go after a person .

I would call every time the dogs are loose , they may catch them off the owners property . The owners may get fined and that may encourage them to keep them contained .
NightOwl 06:00 AM 02-24-2016
I plan to call with every occurrence. I'm just so worried something is going to happen to one of the kids while we're outside or on their way in/out at pick up/drop off times. I'm afraid I could be held liable for someone else's stupidity.

I've never seen them go after a person. But like I said, they're very new to the neighborhood.
Leigh 06:01 AM 02-24-2016
I'm sorry about your cat-that's horrible. I just want to put your mind at ease a little by telling you that MANY dogs will kill a cat or other small, furry animal. That alone doesn't make them dangerous to humans. A high prey drive is common in many breeds-MOST dogs won't see a human as prey. I wouldn't worry too much about being outdoors. You could carry pepper spray on you for extra security, but it's unlikely that the dogs would attack a human just because they will attack a cat. The most you could expect from animal control at this point is to ask for a behavioral assessment of the dogs, though many animal control departments don't have this capability, yours might. Again, sorry about your cat-it's not easy to lose a pet!
Silly Songs 06:50 AM 02-24-2016
Certain breeds are required to be insured by the owners. You could check that out if you think you know the breed. Also, look up the tax info for the property, the home owners name should be listed. ( you mentioned they were renters) Try to reach the property owners and let them know the renters have dogs that keep getting out ! I know how you feel. I am very afraid of loose dogs.
NillaWafers 08:25 AM 02-24-2016
I think your stress about the situation is trickling down. Because you are very worried and stressed about these dogs, your parents and kids are too. I would try to put a brave face forward - because a dog killed your cat does not mean that the same would happen with a person or an adult.

I think the best thing to do would get a can of mace like other suggest, use your fenced in area because I highly doubt a dog will climb a fence to attack a toddler. Tell the parents you've dealt with the situation (and you have - called animal control, spoken with the owners). Take action if you see the dogs roaming again.

That's the most you can do. I'm sorry you lost your cat and the owner is irresponsible.
NightOwl 08:25 AM 02-24-2016
That's what I was thinking, Silly. I'm going to try to find the property owner's info. If I'm reading the law correctly, he/she could be held liable if they allow dangerous animals to be kept at their rental property.

Another question. Would it make any difference to anyone if I told you these were pit bulls? I'm not debating breed, just mentioning it because someone else did.
Thriftylady 08:36 AM 02-24-2016
Originally Posted by NessaRose:
That's what I was thinking, Silly. I'm going to try to find the property owner's info. If I'm reading the law correctly, he/she could be held liable if they allow dangerous animals to be kept at their rental property.

Another question. Would it make any difference to anyone if I told you these were pit bulls? I'm not debating breed, just mentioning it because someone else did.
It wouldn't to me. Pit bulls can be sweet and will not attack people if trained properly. We had one who was full blooded the sweetest girl ever. We have one right now that is a beagle pitty mix. I don't think he would bite if you bit him first. He will chase small animals, but he doesn't want to kill them, just play. We also have cats he tries to play with them but they just ignore him or smack him depending on the mood. Now if I had say a bunny, well I would be afraid he would play to rough and kill it not meaning to. But any dog can bite, any dog can kill a small animal. I have been bitten a couple times, both times by small breed dogs. I am scared of small breed dogs! I have decided they act mean to try to make up for their size.
NightOwl 08:49 AM 02-24-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
It wouldn't to me. Pit bulls can be sweet and will not attack people if trained properly. We had one who was full blooded the sweetest girl ever. We have one right now that is a beagle pitty mix. I don't think he would bite if you bit him first. He will chase small animals, but he doesn't want to kill them, just play. We also have cats he tries to play with them but they just ignore him or smack him depending on the mood. Now if I had say a bunny, well I would be afraid he would play to rough and kill it not meaning to. But any dog can bite, any dog can kill a small animal. I have been bitten a couple times, both times by small breed dogs. I am scared of small breed dogs! I have decided they act mean to try to make up for their size.
I feel the same about small breeds! They have a size complex. My mom has a 100lb pit who thinks she's a lap dog. She was all over me last night. But when my nephew jumped up onto the couch to sit on my other side, she growled at him. My mom said she was jealous and wanted my attention for herself. That may be true, but that doesn't mean it's ok for a dog twice my nephew's size to grown at him. But I digress...

There are many breeds capable of killing small animals so it's a non issue really. But a couple of my families have some serious concerns and they are made more serious due to the breed.

I'm going to try to contact the property owner and go buy a mace or pepper spray thing. I think taking walks is out of the question because that's the only direction I can take. The other street is too busy. Sigh... That wagon wasn't cheap.
SnowGirl 09:21 AM 02-24-2016
Are the owners at home during the day or do they work out of the home? If there's a way for you to have a working relationship with them, where you can let them know you are taking a walk at a certain time, and they will be extra vigilant at that time to secure their pets...perhaps that will help?
Laurel 01:01 PM 02-24-2016
Hello all. I haven't been on in a long while. I hope everyone is well. A terrible thing happened Friday night when two dogs came onto my property, snatched my beloved cat from my front porch, and killed her in my yard. I cried for 3 days. She was 8 years old and I loved her dearly. But that's not the problem at hand.

The problem is that I'm afraid to take my kids outside now and the parents are afraid to walk their children in from the driveway. They know what happened because some are my Facebook friends and one is my personal friend. And I would've had to explain my cat's disappearance anyway. I spent the weekend looking for these dogs and finally spotted them about 5 houses down the street. The owner was outside with one of the dogs on a leash, so I immediately confronted her. She was very apologetic and blamed it on her husband letting the dogs out. I told her that if I saw her dogs at my home again that they likely wouldn't be coming back to hers. Keep in mind, I was beyond emotional. I don't think I could actually kill the dogs. Anyway, she said she understood and that was the end of that conversation.

I called animal control Monday morning and they are useless. They did come out and issue a warning to the owners to keep their dogs contained, but they will not take the dogs unless they physically see them off of their own property. I don't want the dogs put down, but I want them away from here. I have an infant smaller than my cat was.

My playground is fenced, but these are big dogs and I've seen my own dog climb over the fence. I just don't feel safe and neither do the parents. Animal control won't help and I feel like a prisoner in my own home now. And I just bought this fantastic wagon to take the kids for walks. That's totally off the table now. I just don't know what to do.

I've seen the dogs loose 3 times in the last month but I'd never seen them before then. Either the people just moved in or just got the dogs. They live in a rental home and we are out in the county, which has very lax animal control laws. I've done some research and the only way they will take an animal into custody is if it has already bit/attacked a person. They could care less about my kitty. And even if they did take them, the owner could come bail them out the same day.

As much as I want to, I can't blame the dogs. They were doing what dogs have done for eons. This falls on the owners being irresponsible with their animals.

Any advice or similar experiences?
Was there an eye witness who saw one of these dogs kill your cat?

It is just that I watch Judge Judy and people always sue if another animal attacks or kills their pet (for vet bills or burial expenses). I'm not sure if I'd want to and be in a neighbor vs. neighbor feud but having a police report and court record could be of value if there is ever another attack on you or other neighbors. A paper trail.

I'm not so sure it would do any good if there wasn't a witness or anything in writing such as a text message or even facebook. Judge Judy accepts facebook post's as evidence. Just a thought.
BabyMonkeys 01:26 PM 02-24-2016
I am so sorry that happened to you! I know how traumatizing that is. Last year I opened the door and a pit bull ran into my house and grabbed my boston terrier. I had 2 one year olds and an infant in the living room at the time. My teenage kids grabbed the babies and ran into a bedroom to hide.

I expected to lose the babies. A dog attack in my living room...within feet of the babies. I would have pulled my babies in a heartbeat. Thankfully the parents were amazing.

The parents would make sure to check the area before they got out of the car, and I would meet them at the door so that they didn't have to stand outside at all. That lasted a couple of months before they started to relax a little bit.

For months I didn't take them outside, other than my tiny fenced in back yard. Now I will take them outside as long as I have my teenage daughter with me, and we both have pepper spray in our pockets. The only reason I will do that now is because I have never seen the dog again. It is really sad that I have a fear of dogs that I have never had before.

(The pit bull that was attacking cookie eventually let go and ran away. She spent weeks at the animal hospital. I spent over $4k. Thankfully a year later she is good as new, with the exception of some nasty scars.)
Unregistered 01:30 PM 02-24-2016
Is your cat name Charlie?
Thriftylady 02:23 PM 02-24-2016
I feel the same about small breeds! They have a size complex. My mom has a 100lb pit who thinks she's a lap dog. She was all over me last night. But when my nephew jumped up onto the couch to sit on my other side, she growled at him. My mom said she was jealous and wanted my attention for herself. That may be true, but that doesn't mean it's ok for a dog twice my nephew's size to grown at him. But I digress...

There are many breeds capable of killing small animals so it's a non issue really. But a couple of my families have some serious concerns and they are made more serious due to the breed.

I'm going to try to contact the property owner and go buy a mace or pepper spray thing. I think taking walks is out of the question because that's the only direction I can take. The other street is too busy. Sigh... That wagon wasn't cheap.
This is not okay. This dog needs either some training, or rehomed to a home with no small children. Our first pitty (the full blooded one) was jealous of the other dogs. That was one of the reasons we rehomed her, she would fight with the other dogs if they got near us. That and I couldn't have her in Kansas and do daycare. That made no sense to me, because you could have ANY other breed, just not a pit bull it was speifically named. I have never really allowed the kids around my dogs much anyway, because I have always felt that any dog could/would bite if it feels scared or threatened. That is how they know to protect themselves.
Ariana 03:29 PM 02-24-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Whut?!

If this was me I would be getting some sort of pellet or paintball gun. Those dogs would not want to come anywhere near my property that is for sure. A dogs life over a child? Or even your cat? I just don't know how this is allowed to happen honestly. If it came down to it I might buy a real gun too. If this animal is on your property terrorizing you and the kids and it killed your cat, I am pretty sure you can kill it. I would not hesitate. I would also let the owners know I had a gun and that I am not afraid to use it.

Geeze that makes me sound crazy
Ariana 03:34 PM 02-24-2016
Originally Posted by angelw2babies:
I am so sorry that happened to you! I know how traumatizing that is. Last year I opened the door and a pit bull ran into my house and grabbed my boston terrier. I had 2 one year olds and an infant in the living room at the time. My teenage kids grabbed the babies and ran into a bedroom to hide.

I expected to lose the babies. A dog attack in my living room...within feet of the babies. I would have pulled my babies in a heartbeat. Thankfully the parents were amazing.

The parents would make sure to check the area before they got out of the car, and I would meet them at the door so that they didn't have to stand outside at all. That lasted a couple of months before they started to relax a little bit.

For months I didn't take them outside, other than my tiny fenced in back yard. Now I will take them outside as long as I have my teenage daughter with me, and we both have pepper spray in our pockets. The only reason I will do that now is because I have never seen the dog again. It is really sad that I have a fear of dogs that I have never had before.

(The pit bull that was attacking cookie eventually let go and ran away. She spent weeks at the animal hospital. I spent over $4k. Thankfully a year later she is good as new, with the exception of some nasty scars.)
That is just terrible
NightOwl 11:52 PM 02-24-2016
Originally Posted by SnowGirl:
Are the owners at home during the day or do they work out of the home? If there's a way for you to have a working relationship with them, where you can let them know you are taking a walk at a certain time, and they will be extra vigilant at that time to secure their pets...perhaps that will help?
I had the same thought! It's an excellent idea. I just need to get past the hurt of losing my cat.
NightOwl 11:55 PM 02-24-2016
Originally Posted by Laurel:
Was there an eye witness who saw one of these dogs kill your cat?

It is just that I watch Judge Judy and people always sue if another animal attacks or kills their pet (for vet bills or burial expenses). I'm not sure if I'd want to and be in a neighbor vs. neighbor feud but having a police report and court record could be of value if there is ever another attack on you or other neighbors. A paper trail.

I'm not so sure it would do any good if there wasn't a witness or anything in writing such as a text message or even facebook. Judge Judy accepts facebook post's as evidence. Just a thought.
I saw one dog in the front yard chasing her then the fight moved to the playground out back. I ran through the house and out the back door where I saw the second dog with my cat in its mouth. But there was no one else but me. The first dog was nowhere to be seen and the second one bolted when I ran out.
NightOwl 11:57 PM 02-24-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
No her name was Nessa. I may change my user name because it's just a sad reminder now.
NightOwl 12:02 AM 02-25-2016
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Whut?!

If this was me I would be getting some sort of pellet or paintball gun. Those dogs would not want to come anywhere near my property that is for sure. A dogs life over a child? Or even your cat? I just don't know how this is allowed to happen honestly. If it came down to it I might buy a real gun too. If this animal is on your property terrorizing you and the kids and it killed your cat, I am pretty sure you can kill it. I would not hesitate. I would also let the owners know I had a gun and that I am not afraid to use it.

Geeze that makes me sound crazy
I'm with you! I told the owner on Sunday not to expect her dogs back if she allowed them on my property again! And I mean it. I will not hesitate to shoot them if they come back. That may sound horrible to some, but I have one other cat and a very gentle dog, 4 children of my own and a full house of daycare children. I have too much to lose to tolerate crappy pet owners and their vicious dogs.
NightOwl 12:07 AM 02-25-2016
This is not okay. This dog needs either some training, or rehomed to a home with no small children. Our first pitty (the full blooded one) was jealous of the other dogs. That was one of the reasons we rehomed her, she would fight with the other dogs if they got near us. That and I couldn't have her in Kansas and do daycare. That made no sense to me, because you could have ANY other breed, just not a pit bull it was speifically named. I have never really allowed the kids around my dogs much anyway, because I have always felt that any dog could/would bite if it feels scared or threatened. That is how they know to protect themselves.
Totally agree. And here's the crazy part. This exact dog has bit my nephew once before. He has 3 tiny scars on his face from it. She was put in quarantine for the allotted time required by law and returned home afterwards. The laws on animal control suck here. And they still live in the same house together. Feel free to judge my mom and sister for their decisions. I do it constantly and they are well aware of how I feel.
Thriftylady 04:55 AM 02-25-2016
Originally Posted by NightOwl:
Totally agree. And here's the crazy part. This exact dog has bit my nephew once before. He has 3 tiny scars on his face from it. She was put in quarantine for the allotted time required by law and returned home afterwards. The laws on animal control suck here. And they still live in the same house together. Feel free to judge my mom and sister for their decisions. I do it constantly and they are well aware of how I feel.
I guess everyone is different. If my dog bit someone, I wouldn't ever trust him again and would have to get rid of him. DH always says he will never own a mean dog, but he doesn't mind owning one that makes people wonder a bit. It doesn't sound to me like this dog is mean, but some pits can be very jealous for some reason. And that can cause issues. I was l lucky with ours it was only towards other dogs, but that wasn't fair to the other dogs either so she had to go to a home where she was the only dog. They had no issues with her after that.
NightOwl 05:08 AM 02-25-2016
I guess everyone is different. If my dog bit someone, I wouldn't ever trust him again and would have to get rid of him. DH always says he will never own a mean dog, but he doesn't mind owning one that makes people wonder a bit. It doesn't sound to me like this dog is mean, but some pits can be very jealous for some reason. And that can cause issues. I was l lucky with ours it was only towards other dogs, but that wasn't fair to the other dogs either so she had to go to a home where she was the only dog. They had no issues with her after that.
I had a lab like this, believe it or not. She was our youngest dog but became very alpha and would keep the others from eating. We rehomed her to an older couple where she was the only pet and she thrived there. She just wasn't meant to be part of a pack.
BabyMonkeys 07:39 AM 02-25-2016
I saw one dog in the front yard chasing her then the fight moved to the playground out back. I ran through the house and out the back door where I saw the second dog with my cat in its mouth. But there was no one else but me. The first dog was nowhere to be seen and the second one bolted when I ran out.
My heart breaks for you. My daughter just asked me why I had tears in my eyes and I told her that you are going through something similar to what we had.

I am a huge animal lover, but I would absolutely shoot that dog if I saw it on my property again.
Second Home 07:51 AM 02-25-2016
I may see things differently (but I have trained and shown dogs in the past and have fostered dogs with behavior issues for a rescue ).

I would want a dog to grow and warn someone that they did not like what they were doing . Most people miss the subtle signs of a dog who is uncomfortable with a situation , this is why so many young kids get bit . The parents think it's cute for them to lay on a dog , pull the ears or tail and stare into their face . Growling is a way for a dog to let someone know to stop what you are doing.

To me is sounds like the nephew may have done something to the dog in the past , especially if the dog has bitten him before .

Without being there to see what goes on there is no way to tell 100% , but most dogs do not just bite . Dogs do not know jealousy like people do . They will guard what they believe is theirs from a threat , whatever that threat may be .
Rockgirl 08:07 AM 02-25-2016
I have nothing new to add.....just wanted to say I'm so sorry about your cat. That must have been so traumatic to see the dog with the cat. I really can't imagine.
spedmommy4 09:43 AM 02-25-2016
I didn't read the whole thread but I wanted to add to something that a pp said. The owner of the property is probably your best option.

Property owners can be held responsible for what happens on their property so many landlords screen out large or "aggressive" breeds. (Most often because insurance won't cover them) It's possible the owner doesn't know about them and would not be happy they are there. I'm betting the owners would be especially unhappy that the dogs have demonstrated agression.

If the property was rented out through a management company, the owner should be easy to find.
NightOwl 02:28 PM 02-25-2016
Originally Posted by angelw2babies:
My heart breaks for you. My daughter just asked me why I had tears in my eyes and I told her that you are going through something similar to what we had.

I am a huge animal lover, but I would absolutely shoot that dog if I saw it on my property again.
Awwwww I didn't mean to bring up bad thoughts for you. Thank you though. I'm not a crazy cat lady, really. But man, I loved this girl. She sat on my left knee every night while I watched TV, slept on my hip every night (I'm a side sleeper), and she had the softest fur I've ever touched. And the last time I touched it was while she was dying and I was wailing like a baby in my backyard. It's been 6 days and I still cry when I think of her.
Unregistered 02:30 PM 02-25-2016
No her name was Nessa. I may change my user name because it's just a sad reminder now.
I read a story similiar with a cat named Charlie.
How horrific!
NightOwl 02:31 PM 02-25-2016
Originally Posted by Second Home:
I may see things differently (but I have trained and shown dogs in the past and have fostered dogs with behavior issues for a rescue ).

I would want a dog to grow and warn someone that they did not like what they were doing . Most people miss the subtle signs of a dog who is uncomfortable with a situation , this is why so many young kids get bit . The parents think it's cute for them to lay on a dog , pull the ears or tail and stare into their face . Growling is a way for a dog to let someone know to stop what you are doing.

To me is sounds like the nephew may have done something to the dog in the past , especially if the dog has bitten him before .

Without being there to see what goes on there is no way to tell 100% , but most dogs do not just bite . Dogs do not know jealousy like people do . They will guard what they believe is theirs from a threat , whatever that threat may be .
You're exactly right! My nephew was only 2 at the time and had a habit of roughly sitting on her while she was sleeping. So she woke up to something plopping down hard onto her belly and she bit instinctively. The temperament of the dog and my nephew do not mix one bit.
Unregistered 02:32 PM 02-25-2016
Awwwww I didn't mean to bring up bad thoughts for you. Thank you though. I'm not a crazy cat lady, really. But man, I loved this girl. She sat on my left knee every night while I watched TV, slept on my hip every night (I'm a side sleeper), and she had the softest fur I've ever touched. And the last time I touched it was while she was dying and I was wailing like a baby in my backyard. It's been 6 days and I still cry when I think of her.
I still cry about my kitty and she passed almost a year ago. We had her creamated. I actually think it's helps a bit having her asjes. I rub the box and talk to her. I know, weird, but I love it.
NightOwl 02:37 PM 02-25-2016
Wasn't she beautiful?
Attached: FB_IMG_1456439688814.jpg (42.5 KB) 
ChelseaB 03:45 PM 02-25-2016
Originally Posted by Second Home:

This
Laurel 08:39 AM 02-26-2016
If you saw the dog with your cat in it's mouth than that is more than enough eye witness evidence...at least on the t.v. court shows. Otherwise, they can say "Well it must have been some other dog. How can you know it was mine?" The judge decides if you are telling the truth.
SnowGirl 11:04 AM 02-26-2016
I had the same thought! It's an excellent idea. I just need to get past the hurt of losing my cat.
I can't imagine the pain. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with that loss and also the liability implications of having such dogs as neighbors.

My initial response was all problem solving and no sympathy...sorry about that. I do that sometimes.
NightOwl 03:30 PM 02-26-2016
Originally Posted by SnowGirl:
I can't imagine the pain. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with that loss and also the liability implications of having such dogs as neighbors.

My initial response was all problem solving and no sympathy...sorry about that. I do that sometimes.
Not at all. I wasn't looking for sympathy, I guess there's a lot of animal lovers here, so it came naturally. Thank you though.
NightOwl 03:32 PM 03-02-2016
Update. Thanks for all the advice. I have finally found the property owner's contact info and I am sending him a certified letter tomorrow informing him of the presence of the dogs on his property, the incidents that have occurred, and that he could be held liable for any future incidents. I'm sincerely hoping this prompts him to make the tenants re-home the dogs. I also bought pepper spray and will be buying a handgun this weekend. That, of course, would be a last resort and only in a dire situation. They make pepper spray in a gel formula now, so there's a much smaller chance of back spray, FYI. I have also sent out a memo to the parents telling them the actions I have taken to somewhat put their minds at ease. And tomorrow, we will go outside for the first time since this happened. I haven't been on the playground at all and I'm afraid I may be slightly (or very) emotional. So I'll probably go out tonight and face those demons ahead of time. Again, thanks for your advice. It was truly helpful.
Ariana 04:37 PM 03-02-2016
Update. Thanks for all the advice. I have finally found the property owner's contact info and I am sending him a certified letter tomorrow informing him of the presence of the dogs on his property, the incidents that have occurred, and that he could be held liable for any future incidents. I'm sincerely hoping this prompts him to make the tenants re-home the dogs. I also bought pepper spray and will be buying a handgun this weekend. That, of course, would be a last resort and only in a dire situation. They make pepper spray in a gel formula now, so there's a much smaller chance of back spray, FYI. I have also sent out a memo to the parents telling them the actions I have taken to somewhat put their minds at ease. And tomorrow, we will go outside for the first time since this happened. I haven't been on the playground at all and I'm afraid I may be slightly (or very) emotional. So I'll probably go out tonight and face those demons ahead of time. Again, thanks for your advice. It was truly helpful.
I think you made the right decision and the letter was a smart idea. If the owner knows he can be held liable he will deal with it.

Good luck tomorrow, try and keep positive thoughts
Tags:dangerous, dangerous dog, dog problem, safety issues
Reply Up