Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What a Day!
melissa ann 02:46 PM 02-15-2011
Let's see.
Family 1: dropped off 23 month old boy w/o his 4 yr old sister. boy cried all day. Gramps took girl and her cousin out for the day. Left me with the youngest. More than once I grabbed my phone to call him to pick him up, but didn't.
Family 2: mom tells me her and hubby seperated and if dad comes to pick up girl, don't let him. Am I allowed to do that? My contract is with mom, and his name isn't on anything. What should I do here?
DaycareMama 03:01 PM 02-15-2011
Originally Posted by melissa ann:
Family 2: mom tells me her and hubby seperated and if dad comes to pick up girl, don't let him. Am I allowed to do that? My contract is with mom, and his name isn't on anything. What should I do here?
Not sure about in PA but in NY you can't stop the dad from picking up the kids. Regardless if he is on your contract. Unless there are court ordered papers that state he cant, you can't stop him. Seperations are so hard and Parents don't fully understand the situation that they're putting you in. But when this happens I was told that I should have a copy of the court order in my file to protect myself. Hope this helps
DaycareMama 03:03 PM 02-15-2011
.....sorry if that isn't written clearly. I had a hard time reading it back to myself....lol very long day
Tags:bad day
Reply Up