Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>NEWS-Police Find 26 Children Behind False Wall at Colorado Daycare
Michael 11:26 AM 11-15-2019
Just how does this go unnoticed? Drop-off must have been something.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/11/...orado-springs/
Rockgirl 12:32 PM 11-15-2019
WOW! Just unbelievable.
Cat Herder 12:33 PM 11-15-2019
How did the parents not know this was illegal? If they did and still left their children there, they should be charged, too.
Josiegirl 12:34 PM 11-15-2019
I'm glad they were reported but yes, you have to wonder how it went un-noticed! That is a LOT of kiddos!
Josiegirl 12:35 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
How did the parents not know this was illegal? If they did and still left their children there, they should be charged, too.
The way it sounds, the children were hidden behind a wall and the parents didn't know? I could be wrong.
Cat Herder 12:37 PM 11-15-2019
"The closures of two Colorado Springs day cares run by Carla Marie Faith, who apparently was caring for more children at Play Mountain Place than the six that her state license allowed, is not the first time Faith has run afoul of licensing agencies while running day care centers.

Authorities shut down several of her child care homes in California, the Los Angeles Times reported in 1998. In one unlicensed facility, investigators found 44 small children."

https://gazette.com/news/operator-of...tVbYi7yz7PCDtg
Cat Herder 12:41 PM 11-15-2019
"As word spread that police had raided a day care center near downtown Colorado Springs the previous day, dozens of parents raced to pick up their children Thursday at a second center licensed to the same operator." - https://gazette.com/news/false-wall-...1d965ce09.html
Ariana 12:46 PM 11-15-2019
Parents if your DCP is charging you significantly less than others in your area they are likely operating illegally.
Cat Herder 12:51 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
The way it sounds, the children were hidden behind a wall and the parents didn't know? I could be wrong.
I just read a parent statement and it seems the kids were dropped off upstairs in a pristine room and were taken below so no parent actually knew how many kids were there or that the basement was even used at all.

I guess my inspector going into all my bedrooms, barns and sheds make sense now. I am cool with that.
Josiegirl 02:37 AM 11-16-2019
Yes shame on the parents if they did know!! Sounds like these people had gotten away with it before or just kept opening new illegal dcs but how in heaven's name do they sneak past all the regulations and illegal history??? States make you jump through a million hoops, we all know that.
MOM OF 4 07:05 AM 11-16-2019
This lady was licensed before I was! She pulled same shenanigans in CA also 20 yrs ago. I became licensed in 2005 and I think I took classes with her at times, and her facility looked very nice. Nicer than MINE!!!! Goes to show that sometimes, having the 'nicest' appearance and mid-high prices does not mean anything.
MOM OF 4 07:11 AM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Parents if your DCP is charging you significantly less than others in your area they are likely operating illegally.
She WASN'T. The parents were paying average fees. She was actually kinda smack dab in middle, which is the craziest thing!

Some of the best daycares I used were lower cost than she was.
CenterTeacher20 05:28 PM 11-16-2019
I read the article about this a couple of days ago and my jaw dropped! It's funny because I was in Colorado last weekend and had been around the Co Springs area so I feel like I have an idea of the area where this happened.
I cant even imagine how the parents felt discovering this. Very concerned with the DCP who said that they hope she gets this figured out soon so they can bring their kids back to her. Yes
Cat Herder 06:24 AM 11-17-2019
My local new stations facebook page had hundreds of parents saying they did not see a problem with it because it meant those parents had an "affordable provider" since daycare is "so expensive". They were literally ok with it.

This is the climate QRIS has created. Thanks.
Pestle 06:13 AM 11-18-2019
This is horrible, and also funny in a "This sounds like the 2/3 point in a movie, where they finally find the production factory where the villainous communist ninjas are making their weapons, except instead of a secret basement filled with black-clad martial arts experts that the heroes have to karate-chop their way through, it's a secret basement filled with babies."

Usually, care providers who grossly violate ethics are just the ordinary drab sort of evil. This one . . . is also a Bond villain.
storybookending 06:50 AM 11-18-2019
Okay but how do you not hear 26 kids?! I feel like my 6 can be heard 3 blocks away
Ariana 04:45 AM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by MOM OF 4:
She WASN'T. The parents were paying average fees. She was actually kinda smack dab in middle, which is the craziest thing!

Some of the best daycares I used were lower cost than she was.
Oh my goodness!! She must have been making a killing. How does this go unnoticed
Tags:article, illegal daycare, over capacity
Reply Up