Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Annoyed 😒
Ac114 05:08 PM 04-17-2018
So DCM works 4 days a week and the days are always changing from week to week. She usually gives me a schedule at least 2 weeks in advanced, sometimes 3 weeks. She decides to text me this evening (from the schedule I was provided with 2 weeks ago) that her son will now be coming tomorrow when he originally was not. That would be fine any other time BUT it just so happens that all my other families have things going on and I was not going to have any kids tomorrow. I made plans to do something fun with my children with another friend of mine and her kids.

I’m seriously so annoyed because I don’t want to cancel based on her last minute change. What would you ladies do? Cancel plans to have ONE child or say no sorry I was to have the day off?
KiwiKids 05:13 PM 04-17-2018
I would tell her I can’t accommodate last minute changes 100% of the time and keep my plans.
Denali 05:13 PM 04-17-2018
“Oh I’m so sorry Mary! Two weeks ago I noticed that I wasn’t going to have any children here so I made plans that I simply can not change last minute. I can not change them, I hope you understand.”
storybookending 05:27 PM 04-17-2018
“Sorry DCM the space is not available tomorrow as the daycare is closed. I am sorry I did not inform you but per your schedule turned in of XX-XX-18 your child was not scheduled to be here. See you on Thursday”
LysesKids 06:27 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
“Sorry DCM the space is not available tomorrow as the daycare is closed. I am sorry I did not inform you but per your schedule turned in of XX-XX-18 your child was not scheduled to be here. See you on Thursday”
... I have done this. I don't allow last minute changes. I use to think the $$ was more important & my kids hated me for it for cancelling their plans. You can't get that time back
redmaple 07:05 PM 04-17-2018
I would go with not enough notice was given for a schedule change to be made at this time.

I'm also working on wording for client/provider contact outside of business hours. Our hours are long already, without feeling the need to check texts or emails, and respond when we are closed.
lblanke 07:17 PM 04-17-2018
Spend the time with your kids. You are not her "beck and call" girl. She did not need services that day, so you planned accordingly.
lovemykidstoo 07:31 PM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by Denali:
“Oh I’m so sorry Mary! Two weeks ago I noticed that I wasn’t going to have any children here so I made plans that I simply can not change last minute. I can not change them, I hope you understand.”
This for sure!
Josiegirl 01:52 AM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
... I have done this. I don't allow last minute changes. I use to think the $$ was more important & my kids hated me for it for cancelling their plans. You can't get that time back
So much this!! Dcm needs to learn she has a protocol to follow with you. Last minute changes do not work. Do you have something in her contract? If not, change that asap. And hope you're charging her for the full time slot anyways. But for now, I'd just say, 'sorry, I've made plans that did not include a last minute change to my schedule'.
Do NOT let dcm guilt you into this. And ask yourself, how will this benefit my own family, by deciding to take dcm's last minute request or not. As with dcfs, your own family needs to come first in your life.
amberrose3dg 03:39 AM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by Ac114:
So DCM works 4 days a week and the days are always changing from week to week. She usually gives me a schedule at least 2 weeks in advanced, sometimes 3 weeks. She decides to text me this evening (from the schedule I was provided with 2 weeks ago) that her son will now be coming tomorrow when he originally was not. That would be fine any other time BUT it just so happens that all my other families have things going on and I was not going to have any kids tomorrow. I made plans to do something fun with my children with another friend of mine and her kids.

I’m seriously so annoyed because I don’t want to cancel based on her last minute change. What would you ladies do? Cancel plans to have ONE child or say no sorry I was to have the day off?
Keep your plans!
1. she already gave you a schedule. She probably decided she had something she had to do and probably isn't even working.
2. this will hopefully teach her to plan ahead and not try to tell you last minute when/ what you will have the child.
3. I wouldn't want to be open for one child anyways. I have a 2 child min.
Ac114 05:13 AM 04-18-2018
Thanks ladies! I told her I couldn’t accommodate the last minute change. Now I’m excited to spend the day with my kiddos!
Jo123ABC 07:35 AM 04-18-2018
Thanks ladies! I told her I couldn’t accommodate the last minute change. Now I’m excited to spend the day with my kiddos!
Good for you!
Josiegirl 10:13 AM 04-18-2018

Maybe next time she'll think ahead a bit more and not just assume you're there for her.
daycarediva 10:16 AM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
“sorry dcm the space is not available tomorrow as the daycare is closed. I am sorry i did not inform you but per your schedule turned in of xx-xx-18 your child was not scheduled to be here. See you on thursday”
this!
amberrose3dg 10:20 AM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:

Maybe next time she'll think ahead a bit more and not just assume you're there for her.

Yup. It bugs me when people change their schedule last minute and just expect you to be available. I had a mom late the other day and just assumed it was ok because traffic.
lovemykidstoo 11:21 AM 04-18-2018
Good for you! Have fun! How did she take it?
Ac114 12:03 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Good for you! Have fun! How did she take it?
She waited about 2 hours to text me back so I’m not sure if she originally was not happy but her reply was “ok, thanks see you Thursday.”

Either way we had so much fun today!
lovemykidstoo 02:20 PM 04-18-2018
She waited about 2 hours to text me back so I’m not sure if she originally was not happy but her reply was “ok, thanks see you Thursday.”

Either way we had so much fun today!
Too bad for her lol. Glad you had fun with your kids. That's what it's all about. Hopefully she learned from that.
Tags:conflicting schedules, days off
Reply Up