Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Advice - 2 Weeks Notice Given Via Text
daycaremom76 04:00 AM 04-23-2013
Ok so I need some advice, I have a parent who gave 2 weeks notice yesterday via text message. She didn't give me a last date only that they were giving me 2 weeks notice. I also didn't reply to the text. Below is what my contract says:

"One weeks security deposit is due up front to hold your child‘s spot. This is non-refundable unless for whatever reason provider decides not to take child, deposit will be refunded with-in 3 business days in the same form that deposit was made (I.e. cash deposits will be refunded as cash, personal checks will be refunded as personal check pending clearing of original check from parent/guardian). Once child physically attends care your deposit will be used for your child’s last week of care as long as you give no less then 2 weeks written notice when terminating care. If you do not give at least 2 weeks written notice, you will forfeit this deposit."

Because I haven't talked the the parent I'm guessing that she wants her dkg's last day to be May 3rd which is less then 2 weeks so technically I don't have to apply her deposit cause she didn't give me two weeks WRITTEN notice. If I start the clock at the day she gives me WRITTEN notice then she would still owe me additional days. I am sick of getting walked over and if the tables were reversed and I didn't give 2 weeks WRITTEN notice then she would be demanding her deposit back. So what would you do?? Since I didn't reply to her text, I have no intention to just strike up the conversation with her and say "oh by the way" I am going to wait for her to ask me "so did you get me text" to which I was going to reply "Yes but per your contract 2 weeks notice has to be written and it has to be two weeks" So say today she hands me a written letter then technically two weeks is May 7th and she owes me for 2 additional days! Know what I mean???
Tags:2 week notice, 2 weeks notice via text, notice, texting
Up