Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What to do w/a kid who won't stay on a cot but climbs out of the P&P?
crazydaycarelady 11:55 AM 09-24-2014
I know the logical thing would be to get him used to a cot. But he is delayed and even his parents agree he is NOT ready for that. He has started climbing out of his crib at home too. He can't even follow the simplest of instructions. I can't really afford the time it takes to just sit next to him until he falls asleep. I have 3 infants now and need to attend to them in the room right next to the nap room.

I was pretty frustrated dealing with this boy before this started too.
Cat Herder 11:59 AM 09-24-2014
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
I can't really afford the time it takes to just sit next to him until he falls asleep.
I was pretty frustrated dealing with this boy before this started too.
Then maybe it is time to let him go?

It is dangerous to put him in a crib if he can climb out.
Crazy8 12:03 PM 09-24-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Then maybe it is time to let him go?

It is dangerous to put him in a crib if he can climb out.
agree. The usual solution is to put them back on the cot every 5 second thing till he gets it (usually a few days for most kids), if you can't do that or think it wouldn't work even after a few days then maybe he needs a different care environment.
craftymissbeth 12:23 PM 09-24-2014
I was told to put them in a sleep sack. If that doesn't work then I'd term. It's a big liability having a child that climbs out and you've exhausted all of your options.
cheerfuldom 02:14 PM 09-24-2014
you can try a big kid sleep sack and see if that is enough to keep him from hiking his leg over the pnp to get out. otherwise your option is to sit next to him and cot train him.
crazydaycarelady 03:14 PM 09-24-2014
DUH! I have a sleep sack too! Why didn't I think of it! Thank you ladies!
Reply Up