Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sockless Wonders
Josiegirl 04:07 AM 09-20-2014
Now that the weather is changing and the house is colder, the kids still don't want to wear socks? Any suggestions for something that would stay on their feet?
Blackcat31 07:27 AM 09-20-2014
A lot of my kiddos wear tights.

Boys included.

They have some adorable patterns and work like long johns (long underwear) too during the chilly winter months.

Like this:

Thriftylady 08:22 AM 09-20-2014
Would they wear some of the cute slipper socks?
CraftyMom 11:59 AM 09-20-2014
Most of my dck's yank their socks off when they get here. I don't mind if the parents don't mind.

My own kids just about never have socks on.

As my oldest put it when she was 3..."My feet can't breathe!"
craftymissbeth 04:39 PM 09-20-2014
I have mild anxiety when I wear socks so I don't push it with the kids. They just have to make sure to put their socks in their cubby so the sock monster doesn't eat them.
Dilley Beans 02:13 PM 09-24-2014
We have hardwood floors, kids will either have to wear shoes, slippers or go barefoot so they don't slip.
Josiegirl 02:23 PM 09-24-2014
I have no problem if they go bare feet but it's getting cold and their feet get pretty darn cold. It's mainly just 1 dcg, maybe I'll look into the tights, thanks!
Thriftylady 02:25 PM 09-24-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I have no problem if they go bare feet but it's getting cold and their feet get pretty darn cold. It's mainly just 1 dcg, maybe I'll look into the tights, thanks!
That is going to be my issue here. But all the floor have carpet except the kitchen. I hate that, but we rent so I have no say. I will probably ask for socks or slippers to be on in the winter.
Jazminsdaycare 04:03 PM 09-24-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
A lot of my kiddos wear tights.

Boys included.

They have some adorable patterns and work like long johns (long underwear) too during the chilly winter months.

Like this:

wow!
those are neat
where do you buy them?
Blackcat31 05:27 PM 09-24-2014
Originally Posted by Jazminsdaycare:
wow!
those are neat
where do you buy them?
I dont know the name of the brand (I'll check some when I get a chance) but I know they sell a variety in a specialty boutique here in my town.

I know you can buy similar ones at Hanna Andersson

I know cozy warm leggings/tights are popular for kids in European countries.. I love them!
Heidi 06:48 PM 09-24-2014
My own boys wore tights until they were toddlers. Very European (in my case, German) to do that.

I was just thinking about this today with my dck's. I am certain that one dad would never allow tights on his son, but he's the one who's best at leaving his socks on. Otherwise, I won't fight it. Hardwood floors or not, if they're cold, they'll learn to leave 'em on or they'll just have cold feet.
AmyKidsCo 07:19 PM 09-24-2014
Tights under pants are great for keeping feet warm, but a PITB for diaper changes.

I personally don't care if the 2+ crowd goes barefoot - it's their feet and if they don't mind cold feet it's not my problem. But I like the little ones to have something on their feet because they're so little.

What I'd really like to do is become a shoes-off-at-the-door house, but I can't stand not wearing shoes and I'd never get DH to take his shoes off at the door, and we're the only ones who wear shoes in the house!
Second Home 05:06 AM 09-25-2014
We have either hardwood or tile on the whole first floor and it gets pretty cold . All my dck wear socks or slippers ( year round) . I want to help reduce the risk of spreading things like HFM or plantars warts .
Reply Up