Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sharing Pictures
NoMoreJuice! 01:14 PM 09-27-2014
Does anyone have a way to share pictures with their families online? I am interested in using either Facebook or similar social media site to share pictures of all the wonderful stuff we do all day for my dc parents. I don't want to violate anyone's privacy by making pictures accessible to the general public. I am really tired of sending pics from my phone to each different family (I have 11 of them!) and I'd like to just upload them straight to a site.

How do you share pics? Do you have families sign a disclosure of some sort? Thanks for the help!!
Baby Beluga 01:45 PM 09-27-2014
I have a daycare fb page where I post pictures of our activities but I do not post anything showing faces or names for privacy reasons.

ETA: yes I have parents sign a "permission to photograph" form.
Sunchimes 01:49 PM 09-27-2014
I set up a group on facebook called a Secret Group. My understanding is that no one can google to find it, it doesn't show up on searches, and no one can see it except members. The only problem is that someone has to be your friend on your regular fb page to add them as members. In theory, you can add them by using their email address, but I couldn't get it to work every time. I went around it by friending them long enough to add them to the secret group, then unfriending them immediately.

https://www.facebook.com/help/220336...ons-for-groups

Look on the left of your timeline page to where it shows your groups. Choose Create group, then choose secret group. As far as I can tell, it's keeping our photos private.
hope 03:27 PM 09-27-2014
Have you tried drop box? That's a great was too.
Indoorvoice 05:46 AM 09-28-2014
I also use a secret group on Facebook. It's true that no one else can see it except for the group members. I love this. It's so easy to quick upload pictures and get out information to everyone.
NoMoreJuice! 05:58 AM 09-28-2014
Thanks everyone, I think I will start a Facebook page just for my daycare, then add all my families and create a secret group. Thanks for all the input!
CraftyMom 07:43 AM 09-28-2014
I have a separate fb page for daycare. I choose the privacy setting for each post. I keep things set to friends only, so that only daycare families can see the pics. This keeps it separate from my personal page

I have a detailed photo release. There is a specific fb section allowing me to post pics. The parents agree not to share any pics that contain any other children. Also, tagging is not allowed. Tagging and sharing takes away all privacy to the other kids
Crazy8 09:43 AM 09-28-2014
I have 2 facebook pages for my daycare - one is the usual business page where anyone can "like" it and see the content. I will occasionally use photos where you can't see faces on that page just to show some of the things we do.
Then I have a personal page just for families. Everything on there is private but if a parent chooses to tag a photo of their child then their own fb friends will be able to see it as well. I like using this page to comment on daycare parents photos, etc. so that helps get my name out there to all their friends too.
I have a permission to photograph form as well and it states I can use the photos in social media.
KatiesCorner 05:23 PM 09-28-2014
We always had a Shutterfly Share page for each of my preschool classes. You invite people using their emails, you can send groups emails there and fill in a calendar of important dates too. You can upload from an app so it's super easy. I've never done the Facebook secret group so I can't compare them though.
Shell 06:22 PM 09-28-2014
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
I set up a group on facebook called a Secret Group. My understanding is that no one can google to find it, it doesn't show up on searches, and no one can see it except members. The only problem is that someone has to be your friend on your regular fb page to add them as members. In theory, you can add them by using their email address, but I couldn't get it to work every time. I went around it by friending them long enough to add them to the secret group, then unfriending them immediately.

https://www.facebook.com/help/220336...ons-for-groups

Look on the left of your timeline page to where it shows your groups. Choose Create group, then choose secret group. As far as I can tell, it's keeping our photos private.
Same here, and I have a photo release form that says the FB page is private, for enrolled families only, and won't be used for advertising.
Blackcat31 07:16 AM 09-29-2014
I have a Parent Area on my website that is password protected so parents an view photos of their children participating in activities here.

I don't and won't post photos on Facebook.
Reply Up