Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>New Member Opening Drop In Center In NC
LadyBug 03:55 PM 12-04-2014
Hi! I am a new member opening a drop in center in NC. I am looking for any advice you could give me.

I need recommendations on software programs to help determine cost to the minute.

I am going to accept ages 1-12. If you have a drop in center.... what is your employee/child ratio?

Thanks in advance for helping me out!
Michael 05:49 PM 12-04-2014
Welcome to the forum

North Carolina Regs: https://www.daycare.com/northcarolina/
Luvnmykidz 05:52 PM 12-04-2014
Welcome to the forum! What county are you in ? How many children will you be licensed to care for? Will you offer traditional hours?
Thriftylady 05:53 PM 12-04-2014
I have always done a family home, never a drop in center. I think the hardest thing about a drop in center would be staying in ratio. Seems you would always have to much staff or not enough.
Luvnmykidz 06:10 PM 12-04-2014
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I have always done a family home, never a drop in center. I think the hardest thing about a drop in center would be staying in ratio. Seems you would always have to much staff or not enough.
I was thinking that as well, but was curious about how they plan to set it up (hours and such)
LadyBug 06:10 PM 12-04-2014
I am in Iredell county. Drop In's are not required to be licensed. I am hoping to have about 5-10 kids at any time during the day. I will also offer parents night out on Fri and Sat.

I have checked out drop in's near my city, and they always have 1 employee, and less than 8 kids during the day.
Luvnmykidz 06:44 PM 12-04-2014
That doesn't seem too different than what I do a couple times a month in regards to parents night out. I offer parents nights and days out for a flat rate plus a one time registration fee. I offer meals and a craft/activity. I usually have one other adult depending on the ages of the kids and the ratio as well as the time. When it is 6pm-midnight I may have an additional adult here for the meal and activity and once we settle the kids for rest time then they leave. Just curious though, how far in advance will you require people to contact you for drop in services ?
meeks 06:11 AM 12-05-2014
Following...

Im interested in opening a drop in center as well - much needed in my area.
What are some suggested rates per hour?

Thank you!
Michael 11:55 AM 12-05-2014
Originally Posted by meeks:
Following...

Im interested in opening a drop in center as well - much needed in my area.
What are some suggested rates per hour?

Thank you!

Here are some threads on rates: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...+in+care+rates
meeks 01:17 PM 12-05-2014
Originally Posted by Michael:
Here are some threads on rates: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...+in+care+rates
Thank you, Michael :-)
Tags:drop in care rates, ratio - drop in, ratio - north carolina
Reply Up