Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Quick Help-Profit Loss-Statment?
SilverSabre25 08:43 AM 09-28-2012
I need a profit-loss statement for this year so far. What I gave them before "didn't work". I'm assuming the problem is with "daycare is not like other businesses" but whatever. Can I make Minute Menu give me a profit-loss statement? Or how can I quickly and easily make one?
SilverSabre25 08:48 AM 09-28-2012
*snicker* Before I posted this I searched using the search function at the top of the page and turned up nothing. After I posted this I searched Google and came up with this thread from this forum:

Profit and Loss Statement

Gosh that search function is hard to use. Yay for Google!

Hope this works...stupid finances.
Cat Herder 08:51 AM 09-28-2012
I have never used one before. I guess I just kind of viewed home daycare as a profit-loss...

I am still exempt almost every year. Sad?
SilverSabre25 08:55 AM 09-28-2012
Yeah, I know, right? I don't get enough to be exempt but it's good enough.

I can't figure out if I need to account for Time/Space on that form though...I'm guessing no because Tom didn't say anything about it or put a place for it that I can see.

This whole situation is so stupid and annoying because originally I gave them a copy of my Schedule C (from Minute Menu) which has the SAME information as the stupid thing from the 2011 taxes...so I thought it would work. But no. They said it didn't. Which is stupid.

I hate this. It's a particular type of legal battle/situation we're dealing with and it is SO annoying.
Crystal 09:37 AM 09-28-2012
Here is what I use for organizations that request it....you can edit it to meet your needs:
Attached: profitandlosssample.pdf (182.6 KB) 
SilverSabre25 09:43 AM 09-28-2012
Oh, thanks Crystal! That looks even simpler and more useful--I already filled out the other one, but I'll save this one for future reference.
jvejarano 08:44 AM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by CoachingForQualityImprovement:
Here is what I use for organizations that request it....you can edit it to meet your needs:
Help Please...I am trying to find a sample Profit and Loss statement and when I try to open this PDF I get a message saying I dont have access. Could someone kindly tell me what to do? or if you have access could you email the file to me at jvejarano@yahoo.com? thanks so much!
Blackcat31 09:39 AM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by jvejarano:
Help Please...I am trying to find a sample Profit and Loss statement and when I try to open this PDF I get a message saying I dont have access. Could someone kindly tell me what to do? or if you have access could you email the file to me at jvejarano@yahoo.com? thanks so much!
Your status has been upgraded to regular member so you should be able to access the file now.

Welcome to the forum too!
drewbenson 10:50 AM 05-12-2015
When I try to click this link it says I don't have access.
Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by CoachingForQualityImprovement:

Blackcat31 11:13 AM 05-12-2015
Originally Posted by drewbenson:
When I try to click this link it says I don't have access.
Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
Your status was still under moderation.

Are you a daycare provider or in the business of refinancing and/or loans?

If you click the link, it should open for you now.
viper33071 01:24 PM 08-14-2015
I am trying to find a Profit and Loss statement but i'm not able to open this PDF. I get a message saying I don't have access. What do I need to do?
Chandra 02:00 PM 12-28-2015
Hello, I am new to this site and I am wondering if it is possible to receive access to the PDF that is for profit and loss statements.
Blackcat31 02:20 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by Chandra:
Hello, I am new to this site and I am wondering if it is possible to receive access to the PDF that is for profit and loss statements.
Your status has been upgraded. Try to access the pdf file now.
hendricks51 11:52 AM 12-29-2015
I'm new to this site and it is my first post. I am unable to open the document.
Blackcat31 12:16 PM 12-29-2015
Originally Posted by hendricks51:
I'm new to this site and it is my first post. I am unable to open the document.
Try now
UDS1969 06:02 PM 12-30-2015
I am also unable to open document and I am a fairly new user. Am I doing something wrong? I am usually unable to open any of the documents.
Hendee 06:20 AM 04-05-2016
Hi! I was trying to open this and I can't either. Can anyone help? Thank you!
northkar 11:47 AM 05-04-2016
same problem, thanks
Sijohunt 02:15 PM 11-01-2016
I am new to this site and I am trying to access the sample profit and loss statement. Please help. I am trying to create a P and L for lending purposes.
dbrscymanski 12:13 PM 11-22-2016
im trying top open pdf but will not allow me too?
hinote 05:15 PM 11-28-2016
I am trying to access the profit and loss form that someone posted but it says I am not allowed Could someone help me out!
Thanks so much!!!
Blackcat31 05:31 PM 11-28-2016
Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
Here's a template for a profit/loss (cash flow statement) from my book, Family Child Care Business Planning Guide: http://www.redleafpress.org/Family-C...uide-P339.aspx

Click on Web Components and then open up the Cash Flow Projection.
Tom Copeland has a template to create your P/L statement
just4kidsCA 04:08 PM 12-28-2016
Hello

I too am trying to access sample p and l. Site says I need to be approved by a moderator. Any ideas?
DBrown0821 11:02 PM 01-16-2017
May you please provide access to the PDF because I am new to this site?
Blackcat31 06:21 AM 01-17-2017
Tom Copeland has a sample in his book. You can find the link below.

Those posting in regards to not being able to access the example, this thread is 5 yrs old....

Please access Tom Copeland's Family Child Care Business Planning guide or the link provided below.

Originally Posted by TomCopeland:
Here's a template for a profit/loss (cash flow statement) from my book, Family Child Care Business Planning Guide: http://www.redleafpress.org/Family-C...uide-P339.aspx

Click on Web Components and then open up the Cash Flow Projection.

Tags:profit & loss - template, profit loss
Closed Thread Up