Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Call and Response/Circle Time Openers
Lissa Kristine 07:36 PM 12-05-2017
Just wondering if anybody has any fun "Call and Response" things they do when trying to get the kids' attention.

A few I've done in the past include:

Me: "1, 2, 3, eyes on me."
Kids: "1, 2, eyes on you."

Me: "Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, ring."
Kids: "Bananaphone!"

Me: "Meeska, Mooska!"
Kids: "Mickey Mouse!"

How about you?
flying_babyb 07:39 PM 12-05-2017
HANDS UP (kids do)
HANDS on your head (kids do)
are you listening to what I said?

HANDS UP (kids do)
HANDS on your head (kids do)
Hands on your knees (kids do)
eyes on me!
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 11:17 PM 12-05-2017
If you can hear me clap your hands.
If you can hear me touch your nose.
If you can hear me pat your head.
If you can hear me stick out your tongue...
...Keep going and making up actions until everyone is listening. I like this one because you can almost start it with a whisper and just one kid listening. One or two will stop to see why lititle Suzy is suddenly clapping her hands, patting her head, etc... and eventually you get everyone.
flying_babyb 04:40 PM 12-07-2017
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
If you can hear me clap your hands.
If you can hear me touch your nose.
If you can hear me pat your head.
If you can hear me stick out your tongue...
...Keep going and making up actions until everyone is listening. I like this one because you can almost start it with a whisper and just one kid listening. One or two will stop to see why lititle Suzy is suddenly clapping her hands, patting her head, etc... and eventually you get everyone.
I do this one too! its fun to watch the kids figure it out, even more fun when the cook is walking through and stops, freezes and starts fallowing my directions too
daycarediva 10:03 AM 12-08-2017
open shut them, open shut them, give a little (clap clap clap) open shut them, open shut them, put them in your lap lap lap (slap legs)

Or HELLLLOOOOOOO? (kids say HELLLOO?) anyone here? (kids say ANYONE HERE). and I can add anything to this and they keep it going (WHO'S on the circle carpet?) etc.

Sometimes I caw like a crow and they come flocking around and caw back. It started with this crow I've been feeding outside and has progressed to me calling them my baby birds.
Reply Up