Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>What Extra Services Would You Benefit Me In Finding Clients
Unregistered 10:22 AM 01-20-2013
Hello!
I would like to know what extra services would you be interested in your daycare providing that would give you a helping hand so you can spend more time with your family.
Let me give you a few examples:
Dry Cleaning drop off
Hair cuts for kiddos
Parents night out
Mail drop off (ie. Fed EX, post office)
etc...

Thanks,
nanglgrl 12:46 PM 01-20-2013
I'm out of touch with what a parent working out of the home would want and it seems these days a lot of people have their priorities all messed up. That said, I wouldn't want my daycare to do anything but take great care of my child. If the place was offering to do a ton of extras I would think that the care of my child was not their #1 priority and that the person/place was desperate to fill openings.
Blackcat31 01:16 PM 01-20-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hello!
I would like to know what extra services would you be interested in your daycare providing that would give you a helping hand so you can spend more time with your family.
Let me give you a few examples:
Dry Cleaning drop off
Hair cuts for kiddos
Parents night out
Mail drop off (ie. Fed EX, post office)
etc...

Thanks,
Doesn't sound much like daycare but more like "family care" or something a personal assistant would do.

I am a daycare provider/child care provider and provide care for children when their parents are unable to do so.

I would never in a million years offer services beyond child care.
Heidi 03:47 PM 01-20-2013
I agree with Blackcat, but perhaps you'll find a new way to market yourself-and a new niche'.
pandamom 11:11 AM 01-21-2013
I think the parent's night out is a great idea. I have some friends who do FCC (home childcare) and they make a killing on the Parent's night out. One of them charges $10/hour/child and her slots fill up every time.
NeedaVaca 06:23 AM 01-22-2013
Parent's Night out is the only thing that even looks daycare related. Everything else is more like a personal assistant and there is no way I would do those things as they are in no way related to daycare services.
MarinaVanessa 08:04 AM 01-22-2013
I don't do anything "extra" that isn't DC related. That being said I simply point out the benefits of having me as a program and my program.

* Bilingual (English/Spanish)
* Simple ASL (American sign language)
* Occasional evening/weekend child care
* Open ended activities
* Small amount of craft projects, mostly open-ended art
* Child-led program where kids are encouraged to explore
* Focus is to create independence in children
* Accept all types of payments (cash, credit/debit, personal checks, electronic payments, bank transfers etc.)
* Online billing
etc.
Reply Up