Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pooping in Sleep
Unregistered 02:13 PM 09-21-2014
It's just me probably...............but I will not wake anyone................change after nap. We do not 'fart' when asleep(Dr. Oz confims this) so the kid is NOT asleep when they poop.
Blackcat31 02:29 PM 09-21-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
It's just me probably...............but I will not wake anyone................change after nap. We do not 'fart' when asleep(Dr. Oz confims this) so the kid is NOT asleep when they poop.
It's just me probably.......but I would not enroll in your care if that was your normal business practice.

If I notice someone has pooped while they are awake or asleep, they are changed immediately.

NO ONE deserves to sit in poo. Especially when they are too young to know its not okay. Because its not.

Many states dictate IMMEDIATE changing when a child is poopy.

IMHO, it's the right thing to do as it qualifies as respectful, responsive care to the little ones under my watch.
sahm1225 02:32 PM 09-21-2014
Are you asking if I would change a poopy diaper if they are asleep? Yes I would. Most of the times, they will be waking up soon since they will get uncomfortable.

Don't you worry about them getting a diaper rash?

For the record - Infants & young children do not have sphincter control until their body matures. There are medical conditions that will cause children to not have control.
Thriftylady 03:24 PM 09-21-2014
If I notice it, I will change. Many times they will go right back to sleep. It causes to many rash problems to leave them in it.
SignMeUp 04:02 PM 09-21-2014
ITA that a poopy diaper needs to be changed.
Is this weird or normal? I have not noticed it until the last few years:
If one of my infants or toddlers poops during nap, every last one of them does
Oh my nose
daycarediva 04:05 PM 09-21-2014
Immediate change, regardless.
Mike 05:40 PM 09-21-2014
I haven't started my daycare business yet, but when taking care of children for family/friends, dirty diapers are changed whether awake or asleep.
Play Care 03:03 AM 09-22-2014
Not this again!!!
Patches 04:44 AM 09-22-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
Not this again!!!
Exactly what I was thinking
MyAngels 06:33 AM 09-22-2014
Not this again!!!

FTR I change straight away no matter when they poop
Blackcat31 06:34 AM 09-22-2014
Not this again!!!
Originally Posted by Patches:
Exactly what I was thinking
I thought the same thing but if you've been around here (the forum) for a while, everything is a repeat.
Crazy8 06:46 AM 09-22-2014
Not this again!!!
and its always an unregistered poster.

Babies here sleep in separate rooms so there have probably been times they slept with a poopy diaper but I find 99% of the time they do it in those few minutes that they are awake but still just laying there babbling. Bigger kids in the playroom will get changed whether they are asleep or awake if I smell something foul.
KidGrind 08:13 AM 09-22-2014
When I check and they are wet, I change.

When I smell and they have poop, I change.

It doesn’t matter if they are awake or asleep. I will state for the record: I do not check diaper during sleep time. However, my nose does.
Naptime yet? 08:30 AM 09-22-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I thought the same thing but if you've been around here (the forum) for a while, everything is a repeat.

Just like fashion and music!
daycare 08:53 AM 09-22-2014
lol...hahahahah

I just posted about this the other day, but I was not asking if they should be changed or not, because to me that is just the obvious...

I have seen the same topics get debated over and over on here, just the way it seems to go.
SignMeUp 10:49 AM 09-22-2014
I still want to know why/how mine "inspire" each other
(These are mostly older infants and toddlers.)
I'm not joking!! If one poops during nap time, they all do!
It would be funny if it weren't so stinky
These are mostly older infants and toddlers.
WhatAmIGonnaDo? Oops. Go change diapers, of course
Rockgirl 12:16 PM 09-22-2014
I'm still stuck on Dr Oz "confirming" we don't fart in our sleep! Uh....wrong! He's not the be-all, end-all, or at least not to me.
BrooklynM 01:11 PM 09-22-2014
Just for argument sake, Dr. OZ, specifically states that we DO fart in our sleep,

"Dr. Oz said that 20% of the gas in our body is from what we swallow, but 80% is from the bacteria in our gut. The bacteria do not go to sleep when we go to sleep, so it is fairly normal and perfectly fine to pass gas or fart at night. And if your husband or wife are complaining, tell them that they should be sleeping and not smelling"

Not that I need to really add to this...lol
daycare 01:15 PM 09-22-2014
Originally Posted by BrooklynM:
Just for argument sake, Dr. OZ, specifically states that we DO fart in our sleep,

"Dr. Oz said that 20% of the gas in our body is from what we swallow, but 80% is from the bacteria in our gut. The bacteria do not go to sleep when we go to sleep, so it is fairly normal and perfectly fine to pass gas or fart at night. And if your husband or wife are complaining, tell them that they should be sleeping and not smelling"

Not that I need to really add to this...lol
lol....I am laughing so hard I just spit water out my nose..

thank you for clearing that up because I was pretty positive that was not true, but did not have the evidence to back that up, so I didn't say anything...

Sorry what a weird topic
Rockgirl 01:29 PM 09-22-2014
Thanks for clearing that up! Lol
BrooklynM 01:48 PM 09-22-2014
It actually made me laugh to even look it up, haha!
daycare 02:04 PM 09-22-2014
Originally Posted by BrooklynM:
It actually made me laugh to even look it up, haha!
yes thank you for CLEARING the air and conducting the research
Tags:poops - during nap
Reply Up