Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>State Taxes Requiring Paperwork For Cash Payments
Country Kids 10:29 AM 03-06-2018
Is anyone else's state requiring extra paper work from you for clients that pay with cash?

I guess our state is mailing out forms that we need to fill out and return but only for clients pay their bills with cash.

Haven't received one yet but sounds like it's not fun! I saw a provider ask if anyone is charging the clients for the extra work because it takes awhile to fill out.
daycarediva 10:37 AM 03-06-2018
For subsidy copays?

If not, the state has NO business in my cash payments. I would say no.
Country Kids 10:41 AM 03-06-2018
This is for your state taxes you pay.

So anyone that pays you cash-state or private pay, my state not sure about others are now double checking records is my understanding.
daycarediva 10:47 AM 03-06-2018
That's frigging nuts.

How are they going to keep records of this? It will just make people say "what cash?"
Country Kids 10:49 AM 03-06-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
That's frigging nuts.

How are they going to keep records of this? It will just make people say "what cash?"
Hopefully you will have receipts of the payments they made. I know I have an option on my program to hit cash payment and then the amount.

When I do a print out for parents at the end of the year it shows if payments were by check or cash.

I'm just dreading the paperwork it sounds like we have to do to show we were paid.
Blackcat31 11:32 AM 03-06-2018
Who is asking for this info?
Your state, licensing or the IRS?

I’ve never heard of such a thing...

I have parents that sometimes pay in cash and of course I claim all my income but the parent that pays in cash also gets a receipt so they can prove payment/expense on their end.

I’ve never been asked by anyone to provide proof of cash payments.
Tags:cash payment, state taxes
Reply Up