Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:19 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default How Long Do You Exclude For Strep?

I just got a text from dcm saying dcg who is 2.5 was in urgent care last night and has strep. She isn't here today but should I exclude tomorrow as well?
Old 03-18-2015, 09:27 AM

24 hrs after the start of antibiotics.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlan View Post
24 hrs after the start of antibiotics.
....and until they are back to feeling well enough to participate in normal daily activities.

Parents often forget that part of it and that part is important.

Putting a child that was ill into a busy setting sometimes makes for a very unhappy kid or worse, a reoccurrence of whatever it was they had.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:01 AM

Thanks! I'm on high alert I think because there is some sickness going around our town right now, but I didn't want to go overboard on exclusion.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:50 PM
Daycare.com Member

it will take 24 until the child starts to feel better and another 24 until he is well enough to attend. fever and sore throat need to be better. The child needs to be able to participate in all activities

Tags
illness policy, strep throat