Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hemp Milk?
DaveA 05:44 AM 10-18-2017
I offer the choice of almond or soymilk for DCFs who don't want to do dairy milk. New DCF is a bit "crunchy" and is the first family to take me up on it. No allergies and they do other dairy (cheese, yogurt, etc). They just don't drink cow's milk. Under food likes/ dislikes their paperwork says they drink hemp milk at home. I've never seen or heard of this before. Does anyone offer it in their daycare or drink it at home? Where do you find it?
Blackcat31 06:03 AM 10-18-2017
Originally Posted by DaveA:
I offer the choice of almond or soymilk for DCFs who don't want to do dairy milk. New DCF is a bit "crunchy" and is the first family to take me up on it. No allergies and they do other dairy (cheese, yogurt, etc). They just don't drink cow's milk. Under food likes/ dislikes their paperwork says they drink hemp milk at home. I've never seen or heard of this before. Does anyone offer it in their daycare or drink it at home? Where do you find it?
I've had requests for soy and I will accommodate (per Food Program) but anything else the parent needs to supply.

It must also meet the nutritional requirements for milk substitution and IIRC, almond milk does not. I have no idea about hemp milk...
Ariana 06:08 AM 10-18-2017
You can get hemp milk anywhere other alternatives are sold usually. Here I can get it in the “health food” aisle at the groc store and at Walmart. Any regular health food store would have it to, like Whole Foods, Trader Joes. Some people prefer hemp because it has really good fatty acids. I believe the company that makes Rice Dream also makes Hemp milk. We don’t drink it personally though but I see it regularly.
LysesKids 06:54 AM 10-18-2017
Originally Posted by DaveA:
I found Hemp Milk at Earth Fare... I personally would ask parent to supply it because I don't shop there often enough to go out of the way & it was said it, the FP only always certain subs & Hemp isn't listed. That said I'm no longer on the program so I can go crunchier & I did lol
jenboo 08:04 AM 10-18-2017
I had a parent provide it. There are so many milks now... pea milk, nut milk, coconut milk etc.
Mom2Two 01:18 PM 10-18-2017
Is dcm easy to work with in other ways? The last parent i had that went all crunchy on me was really more into the drama of it than really knowing much about health. She just kinda had to be different and special in some ways and it got to be a pain.
DaveA 03:50 AM 10-19-2017
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
Is dcm easy to work with in other ways? The last parent i had that went all crunchy on me was really more into the drama of it than really knowing much about health. She just kinda had to be different and special in some ways and it got to be a pain.
So far so good. She and DW know each other (work at same hospital and are in a running group together) and DW says they're really nice. Frankly I wish all my first weeks went this well. DCKs are doing great. Not on the food program, so no worries there. Like I said- in all the years of offering they are the first takers. I had never heard of hemp milk before. If I find it local and it's similar price to almond milk I'll grab it. Otherwise I'll stay with the almond milk.

Originally Posted by jenboo:
I had a parent provide it. There are so many milks now... pea milk, nut milk, coconut milk etc.
They might want to rename that one.
Tags:allergies - dairy, hemp, milk, milk - hemp
Reply Up