Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>School District Closed But......
Unregistered 06:17 AM 03-05-2018
Three out of five of my daycare families have a parent who works for the school district. I was notified by one of the non school district working families that she is taking the day off and keeping her kids home. The three families who are off because school is closed are still bringing their kids. I even offered that they could use a vacation day if they wanted to do so. None took advantage of that and two of those families have older children that they will be staying home with today! I realize that because I am still open (I stay open because of the non school district working families), this still gives them the option to bring their child. However, I still will never understand not wanting to spend an unexpected day off with your own child!! It throws a wrench in when I stay open for other families that still need to go to work. Would it seem unfair to add in my contract that if the district is closed due to inclement weather, district workers cannot bring their children? I feel like we as providers, need to force parents into spending extra time with their children, because given the option, they choose not to be with them.
Up