Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4701  
Old 09-18-2018, 12:20 PM
Cat Herder's Avatar
Cat Herder Cat Herder is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
I am 18 days into KidKare and I HATE IT SO MUCH!

FP is using it now, and there is a disgruntled provider meeting tomorrow. I'm going. If enough of us threaten to abandon ship, they'll let us go back to paper and pen, right??
If it were not for the fact it makes tax preparation so crazy easy for me I would have already flown the coop. I wish they'd give us the choice to stay with MMK-Pro. I am not even on the food program, I am private pay.
__________________
- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.
Reply With Quote
  #4702  
Old 09-20-2018, 10:31 AM
amberrose3dg's Avatar
amberrose3dg amberrose3dg is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg View Post
Just had to type up 3 letters for non-payment and send them certified mail. There are some entitled parents out there these days.
1 of them is state aid and was too lazy to do her paperwork. The state told me if she doesn't pay they are cutting her assistance until she does. That is at least one victory for me. She of course ignored my communication so off her certified letter goes. She has until Tuesday to contact me or the letter for non-payment goes to the state.
She has another kid in a center so karma will hit her good.
Reply With Quote
  #4703  
Old 09-24-2018, 10:47 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You know what, dcm?
It is really inappropriate to make remarks about other children in my care. I know you think that your kids are the cutest, most advanced children that I have in my care, but it is NOT okay for you to insult someone else's child.
You say it in a way that makes it sound like a joke, but it's really not funny.
Also, stop being nosey and looking at the sign-in sheet everyday! You do not need to know why someone is not at daycare or why they were here early.
Rant over!
Reply With Quote
  #4704  
Old 09-24-2018, 11:46 AM
Indoorvoice's Avatar
Indoorvoice Indoorvoice is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You know what, dcm?
It is really inappropriate to make remarks about other children in my care. I know you think that your kids are the cutest, most advanced children that I have in my care, but it is NOT okay for you to insult someone else's child.
You say it in a way that makes it sound like a joke, but it's really not funny.
Also, stop being nosey and looking at the sign-in sheet everyday! You do not need to know why someone is not at daycare or why they were here early.
Rant over!
I had one like this only she made snide comments about my own child. Her time here was not long.
Reply With Quote
  #4705  
Old 09-24-2018, 12:56 PM
Hunni Bee's Avatar
Hunni Bee Hunni Bee is offline
False Sense Of Authority
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Over the Rainbow...
Posts: 2,206
Default

4/10 kids knocked over their milk/cereal at morning snack. ALL because they were playing or not sitting correctly.

Monday retraining is fun, said no one ever.
Reply With Quote
  #4706  
Old 09-24-2018, 02:08 PM
sharlan's Avatar
sharlan sharlan is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 5,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee View Post
4/10 kids knocked over their milk/cereal at morning snack. ALL because they were playing or not sitting correctly.

Monday retraining is fun, said no one ever.

Tell me about it.

Dcb took a 30 min nap, wide awake now.

It took dcg 1 hr to fall asleep today.

I have had 5 sales calls in 1 hr. I would have taken my phone off the hook but I'm waiting for 2 important calls.
Reply With Quote
  #4707  
Old 09-25-2018, 11:39 AM
daycarediva's Avatar
daycarediva daycarediva is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee View Post
4/10 kids knocked over their milk/cereal at morning snack. ALL because they were playing or not sitting correctly.

Monday retraining is fun, said no one ever.

SAME. I almost regret three day weekends, they're so much harder to fix. I also have a bunch of T-F kids so Monday AND Tuesday are rough here.
Reply With Quote
  #4708  
Old 09-25-2018, 11:58 AM
storybookending's Avatar
storybookending storybookending is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,234
Default

I get a message yesterday from a woman that Iíve known since I was a child. Her sister was my daycare provider. Sheís asking about taking on the newborn of a coworker of hers just from January-August while she waits for a spot on the waitlist of the daycare she wants to open. The daycare is a center in a town about 35 minutes away, although I have no idea where this family is currently living but it sounds like itís way out of the way they are just desperate to find a spot anywhere. How do you nicely say ďno I will not be taking on a newborn and doing all of the work and then saying goodbye as soon as they get easyĒ. Lol. Also the question is rhetorical as I just told her I didnít have an infant space. I have begun to loathe infants in group care. One on one they are my favorite but I have no desire to take on one for a long time!

Side bar I have my goddaughter in care today (3 months) sheís fine and the kids love her but man I made the right decision telling the above family no.
Reply With Quote
  #4709  
Old 09-25-2018, 03:28 PM
gumdrops's Avatar
gumdrops gumdrops is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 102
Default

So happy today is over! DCB21 mo bites DCG2 in the 30 sec it takes me to go to the bathroom. They were the only 2 in the room so I know it was him. Dad is obviously not happy when he picks up. Worst part is DCG is not well behaved! So I know she provoked him, which is no excuse to bite, but I just know how it probably went down.

I had a bad biter years ago who left on their own cause mom was tired of getting bad reports. After she left I felt bad because the girl who was being bit was actually the problem, if that makes sense!

Is it Friday yet?!
Reply With Quote
  #4710  
Old 09-25-2018, 04:05 PM
sharlan's Avatar
sharlan sharlan is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 5,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumdrops View Post
So happy today is over! DCB21 mo bites DCG2 in the 30 sec it takes me to go to the bathroom. They were the only 2 in the room so I know it was him. Dad is obviously not happy when he picks up. Worst part is DCG is not well behaved! So I know she provoked him, which is no excuse to bite, but I just know how it probably went down.

I had a bad biter years ago who left on their own cause mom was tired of getting bad reports. After she left I felt bad because the girl who was being bit was actually the problem, if that makes sense!

Is it Friday yet?!
Yes, it makes since. My dcb has bit dcg 4 times over the past 9 most. She is 3 most older and VERY bossy. She constantly takes toys away, tells him what to do/not do every 5 mins, anything to antagonize him.
Reply With Quote
  #4711  
Old 09-26-2018, 05:19 AM
Cat Herder's Avatar
Cat Herder Cat Herder is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,989
Default

Why do scheduled early arrivals and pickups always tend to show up later than their usual time?

Hurry up and wait folks.
__________________
- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.
Reply With Quote
  #4712  
Old 09-26-2018, 08:07 AM
gumdrops's Avatar
gumdrops gumdrops is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Herder View Post
Why do scheduled early arrivals and pickups always tend to show up later than their usual time?

Hurry up and wait folks.
Parents today are just "so busy" with their kids and we just sit around all day, so our time really doesn't matter, right??
Reply With Quote
  #4713  
Old 09-26-2018, 08:50 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You know what, dcm?
It is really inappropriate to make remarks about other children in my care. I know you think that your kids are the cutest, most advanced children that I have in my care, but it is NOT okay for you to insult someone else's child.
You say it in a way that makes it sound like a joke, but it's really not funny.
Also, stop being nosey and looking at the sign-in sheet everyday! You do not need to know why someone is not at daycare or why they were here early.
Rant over!
And you also do not need to know if a parent was running late for work this morning.
"Is dcm running late or something? I passed her on the road."
I swear, this mom is something else.
Reply With Quote
  #4714  
Old 09-27-2018, 06:28 AM
CeridwenLynne's Avatar
CeridwenLynne CeridwenLynne is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 163
Default

Not a huge vent but Iím really grossed out. We have a teenage girl working in our center who refuses to use gloves when wiping kids snotty noses or cleaning up scraped knees. Ugh! Maybe itís not as bad as not wearing them to wipe dirty bottoms or cleaning up puke but itís still nasty.
Reply With Quote
  #4715  
Old 09-27-2018, 02:58 PM
sharlan's Avatar
sharlan sharlan is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 5,819
Default

Why must the city tree trimmers park their noisy wood chipper in front of my house at naptime?

It's been going for nearly an hour.

Between them and the trash trucks I can't believe my kids are asleep.
Reply With Quote
  #4716  
Old 09-28-2018, 11:39 AM
BrynleeJean BrynleeJean is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 240
Angry gr unlicensed posing as licensed


a mother recommended a woman on a FB group I'm in for child care in my town. said she has a licensed childcare out of her home and has been doing it or 15 years and is awesome.
I've done my research on this area as most of you I think would. I know ever licensed home because
1 its a small small town and
2 ever provider is listed on the states website if they are truly licensed weather they like it or not
so I look this up thinking i don't think i could have missed this being that I've run a home daycare in this town on and off for the past 4 years and sure enough i am the only one listed in my town.
SOOOOO.
this lady is apparently giving the impression to her families, if not just flat out telling them, that she is licensed, and they obviously like that so much they advertise that FOR HER on FB when in fact she isn't! and I'm over her jumping through all the state hoops and paying all the state fines and taking all the required state classes and doing all the paperwork and making sure i don't even leave a single item out of place. following all rule, I'm sure you get it... ugh just so mad and that lady is just reaping the benefits of having a license without having one by what just saying she has one? bet she isn't even following ratios! and taking my business too and probably charging less because why not? she doesn't have to pay for trainings or sanitizing stuff or proper changing pads or nap mats or cribs to meet standards?
And the sickest thing about this is that the parents don't even know it. they take these kids thinking "oh little old licensed grandma is so sweet and would never do anything wrong' until, God forbid it, that ladies lack of following the rules catches up with her in a big way and one of those babies gets hurt!

and everyone is surprised.........
Reply With Quote
  #4717  
Old 09-28-2018, 05:33 PM
Leigh's Avatar
Leigh Leigh is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrynleeJean View Post

a mother recommended a woman on a FB group I'm in for child care in my town. said she has a licensed childcare out of her home and has been doing it or 15 years and is awesome.
I've done my research on this area as most of you I think would. I know ever licensed home because
1 its a small small town and
2 ever provider is listed on the states website if they are truly licensed weather they like it or not
so I look this up thinking i don't think i could have missed this being that I've run a home daycare in this town on and off for the past 4 years and sure enough i am the only one listed in my town.
SOOOOO.
this lady is apparently giving the impression to her families, if not just flat out telling them, that she is licensed, and they obviously like that so much they advertise that FOR HER on FB when in fact she isn't! and I'm over her jumping through all the state hoops and paying all the state fines and taking all the required state classes and doing all the paperwork and making sure i don't even leave a single item out of place. following all rule, I'm sure you get it... ugh just so mad and that lady is just reaping the benefits of having a license without having one by what just saying she has one? bet she isn't even following ratios! and taking my business too and probably charging less because why not? she doesn't have to pay for trainings or sanitizing stuff or proper changing pads or nap mats or cribs to meet standards?
And the sickest thing about this is that the parents don't even know it. they take these kids thinking "oh little old licensed grandma is so sweet and would never do anything wrong' until, God forbid it, that ladies lack of following the rules catches up with her in a big way and one of those babies gets hurt!

and everyone is surprised.........
I would post a link to the state website to search for licensed providers (make sure that the link is the one for your city that lists only you) with a message that says "Here's a link for you to the state website that allows you to search for licensed providers in your area-it lists ALL licensed providers in the state". It's a way to look helpful AND let people know that the OP's pants are on fire!
Reply With Quote
  #4718  
Old 10-01-2018, 11:53 AM
Miss A's Avatar
Miss A Miss A is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,006
Default

Once upon a time I was a nap time genius. I had my entire group on the same sleep schedule, everyone laid down without a fuss, and stayed laying down for the duration without telling or screaming.

Now, I feel like a nap time flop. I have a 7mo DCB who will only nap 10-30 minutes when laid in his PNP, and only 2x/day. I have a 2.9 and a 2.2 DCBs who both scream during nap. It started on stormy days, and now it is every day. I don't give special treatment, I dont play into their tantrums, they are expected to lay in their beds until our set rest period is over. And yet every single day I end up beyond stressed by 12:30, when all 5 kids are wide awake and crabby.
Reply With Quote
  #4719  
Old 10-01-2018, 12:23 PM
MomBoss's Avatar
MomBoss MomBoss is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 447
Default

I leave for vacation on wed and i feel like im coming down with a cold! Im hoping its just because my house is cold and thats why my nose is a little runny and im just being paranoid. Ive taken a bunch of vitamins, elderberry, and even took some cold medicine! This vacation cant be ruined, its the first time me and husband will be kid free in over a year! :-P
Reply With Quote
  #4720  
Old 10-01-2018, 03:24 PM
sharlan's Avatar
sharlan sharlan is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 5,819
Default

Is it Friday yet?
Reply With Quote
  #4721  
Old 10-02-2018, 07:19 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Angry ugh fever

sorry DCM 103 fever isn't from teething. I hate the teething excuse more than anything!!!! PS your doctor is a quack!
Reply With Quote
  #4722  
Old 10-02-2018, 08:40 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sorry DCM 103 fever isn't from teething. I hate the teething excuse more than anything!!!! PS your doctor is a quack!
It makes no difference if it's from teething or because it's Tuesday. I exclude anyone with a fever over 100.1F so the child would be required to stay home regardless.
Reply With Quote
  #4723  
Old 10-02-2018, 09:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sorry DCM 103 fever isn't from teething. I hate the teething excuse more than anything!!!! PS your doctor is a quack!

I had to update my policy this year because of this. I had a dcb that had a 103 fever at one point and mom swore it was teething. A couple days later, our own child got strep. Can't say for sure it was from this child, but it was too much of a coincidence since no one else was sick. I told her that daycare would be closed because our son had strep, but I told her that I hoped dcb was feeling better. She responded with "well it wasn't from dcb because his fever was from teething."
So frustrating.
My policy now states that any fever 100 or over "for any reason" stays home.
Reply With Quote
  #4724  
Old 10-02-2018, 09:55 AM
amberrose3dg's Avatar
amberrose3dg amberrose3dg is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I had to update my policy this year because of this. I had a dcb that had a 103 fever at one point and mom swore it was teething. A couple days later, our own child got strep. Can't say for sure it was from this child, but it was too much of a coincidence since no one else was sick. I told her that daycare would be closed because our son had strep, but I told her that I hoped dcb was feeling better. She responded with "well it wasn't from dcb because his fever was from teething."
So frustrating.
My policy now states that any fever 100 or over "for any reason" stays home.
103 fever from teething
Reply With Quote
  #4725  
Old 10-02-2018, 10:16 AM
Ac114's Avatar
Ac114 Ac114 is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 300
Default

I love when 4 year olds tell on their parents! DCG woke up and told her mom she didn’t feel well. “My mommy gave me medicine and said I will feel better and to ask to watch a movie and lay down”

Really? I’m over idiot parents.
Reply With Quote
  #4726  
Old 10-04-2018, 10:48 AM
BumbleBee's Avatar
BumbleBee BumbleBee is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,137
Default

Almost 4 yo dcg just hocked a loogie onto her pillow...on purpose. Then complained her pillow is icky. Told her to flip it over and go to sleep. Someone will be stripping their cot and putting all of their bedding in the wash after nap time today.

Is it Friday at 6pm yet????????
Reply With Quote
  #4727  
Old 10-05-2018, 06:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Whenever my MIL has family visit, she thinks it's okay to stop by and visit. It happens every single time. Does no one get that this is my job?! There's never a good time for you stop by and visit. I'm working.
Last time she brought 4 extra people at nap time. This time she wants to bring 2 extra people at lunch time.
Drives me bonkers.
Reply With Quote
  #4728  
Old 10-05-2018, 06:52 AM
Indoorvoice's Avatar
Indoorvoice Indoorvoice is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Whenever my MIL has family visit, she thinks it's okay to stop by and visit. It happens every single time. Does no one get that this is my job?! There's never a good time for you stop by and visit. I'm working.
Last time she brought 4 extra people at nap time. This time she wants to bring 2 extra people at lunch time.
Drives me bonkers.
I have the same problem. Also with neighbors and friends who think I can do favors for them during the day because I'm home.
Reply With Quote
  #4729  
Old 10-05-2018, 07:03 AM
Ac114's Avatar
Ac114 Ac114 is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 300
Default

Why thank you mom for allowing your 15 month old to walk and dance on our kitchen table. As if that isnít rude or disrespectful enough, he then knocked over a glass of milk and she watched me clean it up.

TGIF ♥️
Reply With Quote
  #4730  
Old 10-05-2018, 07:43 AM
gumdrops's Avatar
gumdrops gumdrops is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac114 View Post
Why thank you mom for allowing your 15 month old to walk and dance on our kitchen table. As if that isnít rude or disrespectful enough, he then knocked over a glass of milk and she watched me clean it up.

TGIF ♥️
Reply With Quote
  #4731  
Old 10-05-2018, 09:11 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice View Post
I have the same problem. Also with neighbors and friends who think I can do favors for them during the day because I'm home.
And of course, I just sit there all annoyed and aggravated because I don't have the guts to tell her no. I made the mistake of allowing it once, so now it's just expected.
Reply With Quote
  #4732  
Old 10-05-2018, 02:19 PM
daisymay's Avatar
daisymay daisymay is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: California
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
And of course, I just sit there all annoyed and aggravated because I don't have the guts to tell her no. I made the mistake of allowing it once, so now it's just expected.
I think you owe it to the daycare kids to tell her no. Let that feeling fuel your ability to put up a clear boundary. In my state no one who is not background checked can be around the kids, naptime or not.
Reply With Quote
  #4733  
Old 10-08-2018, 11:30 AM
amberrose3dg's Avatar
amberrose3dg amberrose3dg is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymay View Post
I think you owe it to the daycare kids to tell her no. Let that feeling fuel your ability to put up a clear boundary. In my state no one who is not background checked can be around the kids, naptime or not.
Seeing an ex-daycare parent that owes you money at the pumpkin patch with a cart full of stuff. I was so tempted to go up to her and say you have money for all this stuff but can't pay your bills.
Reply With Quote
  #4734  
Old 10-08-2018, 05:11 PM
sharlan's Avatar
sharlan sharlan is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 5,819
Default

No, dcg this morning. Text dcm, dcd's bringing her at 11. I text dcd and tell him I only have A today so I'm out running errands. I was actually going to doctors' appts. Please let me know when you're coming. I'll be there at 11, 12:30 at the latest. Dcd shows up at 2:30.

7 1/2 months and I'm DONE!
Reply With Quote
  #4735  
Old 10-09-2018, 04:43 AM
amberrose3dg's Avatar
amberrose3dg amberrose3dg is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlan View Post
No, dcg this morning. Text dcm, dcd's bringing her at 11. I text dcd and tell him I only have A today so I'm out running errands. I was actually going to doctors' appts. Please let me know when you're coming. I'll be there at 11, 12:30 at the latest. Dcd shows up at 2:30.

7 1/2 months and I'm DONE!
Ugh what is the point?
Reply With Quote
  #4736  
Old 10-09-2018, 04:48 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 9,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlan View Post
No, dcg this morning. Text dcm, dcd's bringing her at 11. I text dcd and tell him I only have A today so I'm out running errands. I was actually going to doctors' appts. Please let me know when you're coming. I'll be there at 11, 12:30 at the latest. Dcd shows up at 2:30.

7 1/2 months and I'm DONE!
Yeh, that would irritate me!!! I know many providers have a 'drop off' time limit. I don't but I can certainly see where in instances like this, it would be handy.
Reply With Quote
  #4737  
Old 10-10-2018, 07:25 PM
Miss A's Avatar
Miss A Miss A is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,006
Default

One of my DCB's absolutely loves satin ribbon edged blankets, and sleeps with one every night. About a month ago I scored a white one at the local thrift store for $1. It is soft and fluffy, and he absolutely loves snuggling with it at nap. Because it was just plain white, I have spent the past couple weeks hand embroidering flannel patches out of my fabric bin to sew on and make it unique to him. I finished the last patch yesterday during nap. Because DCB was off today, I sewed them on during today's nap, as well as made a coordinating cot sheet for his transition to a cot.

Then I washed them. I opened my washer to find that something red had gotten into the washer with my previously white, green, and yellow blanket and sheet and tie-dyed them all bright red and pink. DCB didn't even get to see them before I ruined them! Ugh.

But, the fact that they are now pink does not take away from the fact that each patch is a picture of one of DCB's favorite things. Even if they are pink, they are both soft and fuzzy, clean and fresh smelling, and ready for a little boy to snuggle tomorrow. And the entire project only cost me $1.00, as I used fabric scraps and other supplies I already had. Always look for the bright side, right?
Reply With Quote
  #4738  
Old 10-11-2018, 03:10 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 9,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss A View Post
One of my DCB's absolutely loves satin ribbon edged blankets, and sleeps with one every night. About a month ago I scored a white one at the local thrift store for $1. It is soft and fluffy, and he absolutely loves snuggling with it at nap. Because it was just plain white, I have spent the past couple weeks hand embroidering flannel patches out of my fabric bin to sew on and make it unique to him. I finished the last patch yesterday during nap. Because DCB was off today, I sewed them on during today's nap, as well as made a coordinating cot sheet for his transition to a cot.

Then I washed them. I opened my washer to find that something red had gotten into the washer with my previously white, green, and yellow blanket and sheet and tie-dyed them all bright red and pink. DCB didn't even get to see them before I ruined them! Ugh.

But, the fact that they are now pink does not take away from the fact that each patch is a picture of one of DCB's favorite things. Even if they are pink, they are both soft and fuzzy, clean and fresh smelling, and ready for a little boy to snuggle tomorrow. And the entire project only cost me $1.00, as I used fabric scraps and other supplies I already had. Always look for the bright side, right?
Can just feel the love that went into all of that!! What a sweet thing to do!!
Reply With Quote
  #4739  
Old 10-11-2018, 07:57 AM
LittleExplorers's Avatar
LittleExplorers LittleExplorers is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 185
Default

Dear mom of new dcg,
My program is called Little Explorers, we went over in detail how we got out every day, weather permitting. Weather permitting as in no lightening and in winter wind chill at safe levels set by the state. Most of our non-napping hours are spent outside. You leaving your one year old's shoes at home because you thought it was too chilly today will not keep us inside. 40 degrees and windy is not too chilly. We live in MN.

It has been raining for a week. Out we go!
Reply With Quote
  #4740  
Old 10-11-2018, 08:14 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleExplorers View Post
Dear mom of new dcg,
My program is called Little Explorers, we went over in detail how we got out every day, weather permitting. Weather permitting as in no lightening and in winter wind chill at safe levels set by the state. Most of our non-napping hours are spent outside. You leaving your one year old's shoes at home because you thought it was too chilly today will not keep us inside. 40 degrees and windy is not too chilly. We live in MN.

It has been raining for a week. Out we go!
What is with parents? lol!

It's snowing up here...

Upon drop off, one of my DCPs said "I didn't bring X's coat today.
I figured it's snowing so you guys probably aren't going outside right?"


I am pretty sure my face was somewhere in between ....

Why would we not go outside because it's snowing?
Reply With Quote
  #4741  
Old 10-11-2018, 08:30 AM
Cat Herder's Avatar
Cat Herder Cat Herder is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,989
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Why would we not go outside because it's snowing?
Probably for the same reason I was expected to stay in today since it rained, yesterday.

Sure it is dreary grey, and will be windy this afternoon, but it feels glorious out right now.

I am so glad I have t-shirts, shoes and sweat pants for everyone. Most came in footed pajamas, today.
__________________
- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.
Reply With Quote
  #4742  
Old 10-11-2018, 11:02 AM
sharlan's Avatar
sharlan sharlan is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 5,819
Default

I will scream if I hear "mom" one more time!

Dcg tattles every. single. time. dcb breathes. She is relentless today.
Reply With Quote
  #4743  
Old 10-11-2018, 12:10 PM
LittleExplorers's Avatar
LittleExplorers LittleExplorers is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
What is with parents? lol!

It's snowing up here...

Upon drop off, one of my DCPs said "I didn't bring X's coat today.
I figured it's snowing so you guys probably aren't going outside right?"


I am pretty sure my face was somewhere in between ....

Why would we not go outside because it's snowing?
Yes, or if one says so and so has a cold/ear infection etc can they stay in today? Yes, at home!

Thankfully most of my parents are always on board and most donate their extra winter gear at the end of the season so we go put anyway.

By the way, I am jealous of your snow!
Reply With Quote
  #4744  
Old 10-11-2018, 03:19 PM
Ariana's Avatar
Ariana Ariana is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6,879
Default

We better not get snow, I am NOT ready for it! And who doesnít go outside when it snows?!

DCM sent 3-4T mittens for a 19 month old. She is ALWAYS sending clothes that is way too big. I had to go and get appropriate sized mittens off my local Buy Nothing FB group. Thankfully it is free but I am getting sick of having to have stashes of clothes for idiot parents.
Reply With Quote
  #4745  
Old 10-11-2018, 05:32 PM
storybookending's Avatar
storybookending storybookending is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,234
Default

Ew we had snow flurries this morning.. yesterday I was in shorts!

Took the kids outside and it wasnít that bad. The real feel says it ďfelt like 22 degreesĒ. I had 3 that didnít have mittens and 2 without hats but we scraped enough gear together. What a change in weather though. It was 70 yesterday. We were outside in tshirts!
Reply With Quote
  #4746  
Old 10-13-2018, 07:05 AM
gumdrops's Avatar
gumdrops gumdrops is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 102
Default

The kids were playing dress-up and it was getting close to pick up time. I reminded them if they get picked up, they still have to put away the outfit they are wearing before they can leave. Well, DCD picked up earlier than expected and DCG4 was not happy. I reminded her we have to "be big" and if she is a big girl and listens, we can play with dress up clothes next time. She took her dress off but kept crying and saying she wanted to wear it, yada, yada. DCD tells her "if you really want a princess dress like that, all you have to do is ask me and we can get you one." I said, yep, you'll have to ask Santa!

I DON'T GET IT!!!! I just walked away at that point because I knew anything I said didn't matter to her anymore. But that was the first time I saw DCG and Dad in this kind of situation so it makes a lot of things make sense! And No, we will not be playing dress up on Monday!
Reply With Quote
  #4747  
Old 10-17-2018, 01:15 PM
sharlan's Avatar
sharlan sharlan is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 5,819
Default

House next door sold a month ago. No one has moved in yet.

Friday, they ripped out the carpet and chiseled out the floor tiles. Of course they have the two windows across from my play/nap room open.

Sat and Sun they laid laminate flooring, constant pounding and sawing while I was stuck in bed.

Today they're installing baseboards. Guess where the saw is set up? Yep, right at my playroom and its nap time.

My kids are trying to fall asleep in between the saw and electric nail gun.

It was nice not having neighbors for 9 mos.
Reply With Quote
  #4748  
Old 10-17-2018, 02:37 PM
sharlan's Avatar
sharlan sharlan is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chino, California
Posts: 5,819
Default

30 minute naps today!
Reply With Quote
  #4749  
Old 10-18-2018, 07:55 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So embarrassing.

I wasn't expected a child today, at least not until later since dcd doesn't have to work today.

Our 9 yo woke up with red bumps all over his body. He tells me a girl in his class had red bumps on her arm she was putting cream on last week.
I'm on the phone with the school in the back room.
"I hope its not bugs! I'm going to wash his sheets to make sure..."
"I'll take him to the dr. this morning."
"There all over his body, he can't stop itching them."
"There's a girl in his class who had red bumps last week."

I come out of the room and dcm is standing there with dcb, you know, the one who wasn't supposed to be here until later - if at all.

UGH. I'm humiliated. Not only for my lack of having it together, but also now she knows that our 9 yo has an unknown rash.
Reply With Quote
  #4750  
Old 10-18-2018, 08:45 AM
LostMyMarbles's Avatar
LostMyMarbles LostMyMarbles is online now
LostMyMarbles
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
What is with parents? lol!

It's snowing up here...

Upon drop off, one of my DCPs said "I didn't bring X's coat today.
I figured it's snowing so you guys probably aren't going outside right?"


I am pretty sure my face was somewhere in between ....

Why would we not go outside because it's snowing?
It is 37 here today. ..child came in sandals. Yup we are outside. Text to mom informig her about hubbie's inability to dress 3 year old.

Got socks put of extra clothes bin. He looks like a warm dork.
Reply With Quote
  #4751  
Old 10-19-2018, 09:19 AM
hwichlaz's Avatar
hwichlaz hwichlaz is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Posts: 1,836
Default

I teach pre-k in my program.

DCG is 4, will be 5 in January. Every time mom goes on a business trip dad lets the child oversleep and he keeps her home for at least half of the days mom is gone, and then she misses school.

She's the oldest child in my program, but the furthest behind in kindergarten readiness, because of excessive absences.

Time to have a talk with dad about how this is school for her, not daycare.

:P
Reply With Quote
  #4752  
Old 10-19-2018, 02:49 PM
BumbleBee's Avatar
BumbleBee BumbleBee is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,137
Default

I was already in a mood because of 2 scheduled half days at the elementary school next week. School agers in my house for 6.5 hrs instead of 3 hrs, two days in a row, is always a bit rough. But now thanks to a student at the middle/high school there's no school on Monday in addition to the two 1/2 days next week.

So thanks student for that non-credible threat written in the girls bathroom. Thanks administration for the mishandling of both non-credible and credible threats last year. The direct result of which is parents don't trust you so now you either close for every threat or stay open but not be able to count the day because there's not enough students in attendance.

Well done geniuses. Well done.
Reply With Quote
  #4753  
Old 10-19-2018, 06:29 PM
Ac114's Avatar
Ac114 Ac114 is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 300
Default

$600 check bounced. Text DCM about it and she laughs it of and goes on about how they havenít made it to their destination (out of state) but stopping to grab dinner for a break.

Oh ok, well Iíd like to pay my car today but I canít because Iím missing $600!!!

Frustrated is not even the words I feel right now.
Reply With Quote
  #4754  
Old 10-20-2018, 02:17 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 9,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac114 View Post
$600 check bounced. Text DCM about it and she laughs it of and goes on about how they havenít made it to their destination (out of state) but stopping to grab dinner for a break.

Oh ok, well Iíd like to pay my car today but I canít because Iím missing $600!!!

Frustrated is not even the words I feel right now.
Late fees right??!! Not even enough manners out of her to apologize, but she laughs instead? If this is her 1st time, I'd charge her the late fees and give her warning(just for the laughing alone!!). If not, I'd tell her if it happens again, she's gone.
Reply With Quote
  #4755  
Old 10-20-2018, 07:13 AM
Ac114's Avatar
Ac114 Ac114 is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
Late fees right??!! Not even enough manners out of her to apologize, but she laughs instead? If this is her 1st time, I'd charge her the late fees and give her warning(just for the laughing alone!!). If not, I'd tell her if it happens again, she's gone.
Well their last day is nov.16th anyways. I wouldnít have even been as upset if she apologized and didnít completely deflect the situation. She just went on and on about how their trip was delayed and they havenít even made it out of the state yet.

I did add fees and sheís trying to figure out how to set up zelle now because I didnít want to wait until Monday to receive the money.
Reply With Quote
  #4756  
Old 10-22-2018, 04:24 AM
amberrose3dg's Avatar
amberrose3dg amberrose3dg is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac114 View Post
Well their last day is nov.16th anyways. I wouldnít have even been as upset if she apologized and didnít completely deflect the situation. She just went on and on about how their trip was delayed and they havenít even made it out of the state yet.

I did add fees and sheís trying to figure out how to set up zelle now because I didnít want to wait until Monday to receive the money.
She bounces a check and is on a trip.
And then laughs it off.
Reply With Quote
  #4757  
Old 10-22-2018, 08:46 AM
Cat Herder's Avatar
Cat Herder Cat Herder is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,989
Default

It would be great if auto-invoicing would get on the ball this morning.
__________________
- Unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal opinion and worth what you paid for them.
Reply With Quote
  #4758  
Old 10-22-2018, 09:05 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have a dcm who is SO nosey. She looks at my sign in sheet everyday and makes comments like "Why isn't so and so here?" "Is so and so running late for work?" "Why did so and so drop off so early?"

So I changed to an app where everyone signs in using a 4 digit code that is assigned to them. No one can see what time the others were dropped off, picked up, etc.

Did that stop her? NOPE.

I had a dcb here on a day he usually isn't last week. "Why is he here today? It's Tuesday."

I have a drop-in today and the first thing she says is "Who's this? Who are her parents?"

She is so mentally draining.
Reply With Quote
  #4759  
Old 10-23-2018, 10:29 AM
Flowerchild's Avatar
Flowerchild Flowerchild is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Georgia
Posts: 61
Angry Ugh

I think about quitting this job all th e time. I have no life or energy or even anything I want to do other than work. I got a new baby and it's my coworkers baby. She wasn't supposed to be there but I know now I'll probably get demoted yo assistant again after 2 days of being in there with her when I've been here 2 years and got a raise. I can't drive do I can't leave. With plenty of people I'm stuck in th e preschool today. It Pisses me off. I have nowhere to vent. I don't like preschool and want to stay in my room. Had lots of days early which I love but I worry it's because they don't want me anymore. I'm stuck here but trulynthink I hate it here. Just unsure what to do. Makes me so mad I'm stuck in this room. I just totally hate my job lately ������������������
Reply With Quote
  #4760  
Old 10-23-2018, 10:41 AM
Flowerchild's Avatar
Flowerchild Flowerchild is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Georgia
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I had to update my policy this year because of this. I had a dcb that had a 103 fever at one point and mom swore it was teething. A couple days later, our own child got strep. Can't say for sure it was from this child, but it was too much of a coincidence since no one else was sick. I told her that daycare would be closed because our son had strep, but I told her that I hoped dcb was feeling better. She responded with "well it wasn't from dcb because his fever was from teething."
So frustrating.
My policy now states that any fever 100 or over "for any reason" stays home.
I asked a parent of they found or if it wss teething or not and he said oh we didn't take her to th e doctor. She hasn't bad anything in a while. It's definitely teething. Ugh. Hate those parents.
Reply With Quote
  #4761  
Old 10-23-2018, 10:42 AM
Flowerchild's Avatar
Flowerchild Flowerchild is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Georgia
Posts: 61
Default

Ugh. And it sucks I have relationship with coworkers.no friends. Ugh
Reply With Quote
  #4762  
Old 10-24-2018, 07:33 AM
Snowmom's Avatar
Snowmom Snowmom is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,140
Default

Full moon, I curse you!

Monday, dad tried to bring in dcg (1) who got into a dishwasher pod before coming.

Tuesday, dcb (3), who I have to DAILY remind him to stop stepping on toys, steps on a toy and falls face first into a table. Blood wouldn't stop coming from his gums, so parents pick up for emergency dental visit. Broken tooth root.

Wednesday has so far started with 3 horrible, crying drop offs from children who do not normally cry, 1 nose faucet child and 1 child sneaking in toys from home.

I'm soooooo glad I have a long weekend coming up.
Reply With Quote
  #4763  
Old 10-24-2018, 11:09 AM
BumbleBee's Avatar
BumbleBee BumbleBee is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmom View Post
Full moon, I curse you!

Monday, dad tried to bring in dcg (1) who got into a dishwasher pod before coming.

Tuesday, dcb (3), who I have to DAILY remind him to stop stepping on toys, steps on a toy and falls face first into a table. Blood wouldn't stop coming from his gums, so parents pick up for emergency dental visit. Broken tooth root.

Wednesday has so far started with 3 horrible, crying drop offs from children who do not normally cry, 1 nose faucet child and 1 child sneaking in toys from home.

I'm soooooo glad I have a long weekend coming up.
Ugh, forgot about the full moon! That explains a few things!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4764  
Old 10-24-2018, 01:45 PM
Jiminycrickets's Avatar
Jiminycrickets Jiminycrickets is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 59
Default

Dear 3yo DCG:
Just because drop-in 4yo DCB is here today and is laying quietly on his mat but not sleeping does not mean you do not need to sleep. I know you need it because you take one every. other. day. you. are. here.
I hope Daddy comes to get you early today because I have no desire to deal with your ridiculously overtired cranky mood all afternoon.
Your loving day care provider;
Jiminy
Reply With Quote
  #4765  
Old 10-29-2018, 06:48 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Dear Parents..

For the millionth time...breakfast is served at 8am....not 810..not 820. I refuse to be a restaurant...because you can't get your sh#$ together.

PS. And don't show up in your gym clothes and say you don't have time to feed them.
Reply With Quote
  #4766  
Old 10-29-2018, 08:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

DCM tells me her kids have their check ups tomorrow and she will be picking them up at 2. She knows this is during nap time.

"I know that's in the middle of nap. so sorry. Figured I'd tell you now."

UGH. So inconsiderate.
Reply With Quote
  #4767  
Old 10-29-2018, 08:43 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
DCM tells me her kids have their check ups tomorrow and she will be picking them up at 2. She knows this is during nap time.

"I know that's in the middle of nap. so sorry. Figured I'd tell you now."

UGH. So inconsiderate.
I would require her to pick up before nap time then.

My kids rest between 12:30 and 2:30.
She would need to pick the kids up before 12:30.
Reply With Quote
  #4768  
Old 10-30-2018, 12:17 PM
MomBoss's Avatar
MomBoss MomBoss is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 447
Default

Late payments. I understand you forgot...but there is a late fee. I dont care that you are so sorry. Theres a late fee.
I shouldnt have to remind you that if you pay the day after it is due, you need to add $10 to to the check.
Of course both parents who paid late didnt add the late fee.
I really wish there was a free progam I can use to send out invoices and they pay me directly on the program and they have to pay the amount due otherwise payment wont go threw. So i can add in their late fees!
Reply With Quote
  #4769  
Old 10-30-2018, 04:48 PM
Indoorvoice's Avatar
Indoorvoice Indoorvoice is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBoss View Post
Late payments. I understand you forgot...but there is a late fee. I dont care that you are so sorry. Theres a late fee.
I shouldnt have to remind you that if you pay the day after it is due, you need to add $10 to to the check.
Of course both parents who paid late didnt add the late fee.
I really wish there was a free progam I can use to send out invoices and they pay me directly on the program and they have to pay the amount due otherwise payment wont go threw. So i can add in their late fees!
I require automatic payments on brightwheel for this. I really don't like many of the other features on brightwheel, but I like the invoicing. They told me they are working on a feature where you can set their schedule and late fees will be accrued automatically on their invoice so I don't even have to add them myself soon! Can't wait.
Reply With Quote
  #4770  
Old 10-30-2018, 10:59 PM
LysesKids's Avatar
LysesKids LysesKids is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice View Post
I require automatic payments on brightwheel for this. I really don't like many of the other features on brightwheel, but I like the invoicing. They told me they are working on a feature where you can set their schedule and late fees will be accrued automatically on their invoice so I don't even have to add them myself soon! Can't wait.
Brightwheel, no go...
I REQUIRED payment by the first of month... cash or credit only; no pay; no stay - if credit, thru Square app
Reply With Quote
  #4771  
Old 11-01-2018, 08:16 AM
Jupadia's Avatar
Jupadia Jupadia is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 552
Default

Filled a spot this week thought it was my last open spot ( that part was good) but was just told that it will be one boys last day tomorrow. Told parent they still owe 1 week then since I require 2 week notice and have only 1 week as a deposit. Everytime I think in full things change. Ahhhhhh.
Reply With Quote
  #4772  
Old 11-01-2018, 10:34 AM
Ac114's Avatar
Ac114 Ac114 is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 300
Default

2 kids walk in the door with suckers. Thanks mom. Youíre kids donít listen as it is. I donít need them all jacked up on sugar too.

In the trash they went. Sorry, not sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #4773  
Old 11-01-2018, 12:03 PM
amberrose3dg's Avatar
amberrose3dg amberrose3dg is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ac114 View Post
2 kids walk in the door with suckers. Thanks mom. Youíre kids donít listen as it is. I donít need them all jacked up on sugar too.

In the trash they went. Sorry, not sorry.
Right, I had a kid try to come with a bag of candy. Are you nuts mom?
Reply With Quote
  #4774  
Old 11-01-2018, 01:32 PM
Hunni Bee's Avatar
Hunni Bee Hunni Bee is offline
False Sense Of Authority
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Over the Rainbow...
Posts: 2,206
Default

My sweet-as-pie tiny dcg has double ear infections. She's going next week to get her third set of tubes and have her adenoids removed. She took a round of antibiotics and they did nothing. The infection is still too bad to operate, so they've got her on a 3-part course of antibiotic shots.

She's so miserable and in pain. She doesn't have any excludable symptoms and its not even "unable to participate" because she forces herself. I know her oarents have to work, it just breaks my heart.
Reply With Quote
  #4775  
Old 11-05-2018, 07:52 AM
Flowerchild's Avatar
Flowerchild Flowerchild is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Georgia
Posts: 61
Default

i got kicked out of room that I was in for a year and a half. Now I'm stuck on prescho or waddler. Preschool I don't like. Feels like it's going to be a full day. Never know when he comes in anymore ugh 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
Reply With Quote
  #4776  
Old 11-05-2018, 08:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default ...

Very hard an sad losing my last long term daycare kids all 3 siblings had since newborn oldest 10 ten long years of spoiling them. I can still see every so often when i want.having them so long u get attached making it hard
Reply With Quote
  #4777  
Old 11-06-2018, 09:09 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thank you DCM for sending in your child this morning with an Oreo in his hand.
What a great breakfast!
Reply With Quote
  #4778  
Old 11-06-2018, 12:23 PM
Flowerchild's Avatar
Flowerchild Flowerchild is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Georgia
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I had to update my policy this year because of this. I had a dcb that had a 103 fever at one point and mom swore it was teething. A couple days later, our own child got strep. Can't say for sure it was from this child, but it was too much of a coincidence since no one else was sick. I told her that daycare would be closed because our son had strep, but I told her that I hoped dcb was feeling better. She responded with "well it wasn't from dcb because his fever was from teething."
So frustrating.
My policy now states that any fever 100 or over "for any reason" stays home.
Yes. This. We had a parent swore up and down that his fevers were teething. He went home one day and ended up with a 103 fever and meningitis in hospital. We said he was sick. She didn't listen
Reply With Quote
  #4779  
Old 11-06-2018, 01:45 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowerchild View Post
Yes. This. We had a parent swore up and down that his fevers were teething. He went home one day and ended up with a 103 fever and meningitis in hospital. We said he was sick. She didn't listen
The only thing teething causes is teeth.

Fevers for ANY reason are an excludable symptom. period.

Even those pesky fevers from thick coats, eating too much candy, staying up too late and/or something they ate.

Fevers from ALL those things are grounds for exclusion.
Reply With Quote
  #4780  
Old 11-07-2018, 05:08 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 9,084
Default

So glad yesterday is in the past.
The 4 and 5 yos had a full day here and it was chaos from the moment they entered till the moment they left. On top of that, it always affects naps for everybody. Poor little 2 yo was so exhausted by the time momma came that she was almost falling asleep. And her big sister was quite the handful too along with the 4 yo.. So I wake up this morning, once again fantasizing about retirement.
Reply With Quote
  #4781  
Old 11-07-2018, 08:06 AM
Flowerchild's Avatar
Flowerchild Flowerchild is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Georgia
Posts: 61
Default

My coworker took over my room because she breastfeed and now I'm a floater but I hate the preschool room. I spend all morning dreading preschool and staying in there when he doesn't show up. My coworker who took over my room never works and always goes home. So frustrated
Reply With Quote
  #4782  
Old 11-08-2018, 05:16 AM
Indoorvoice's Avatar
Indoorvoice Indoorvoice is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 942
Default

I'm so tempted to talk baby talk back to the dcd who speaks to me in baby talk every morning about how his son's morning went. "him's had a big poopy diaper, and drank up all his yummy baba. Him's such a good boy." oh my God. Make. It. Stop. 🤢
Reply With Quote
  #4783  
Old 11-08-2018, 07:13 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,988
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice View Post
I'm so tempted to talk baby talk back to the dcd who speaks to me in baby talk every morning about how his son's morning went. "him's had a big poopy diaper, and drank up all his yummy baba. Him's such a good boy." oh my God. Make. It. Stop. 🤢
Oh my goodness! I had a DCD do the same thing last year! I finally looked at him and said "Dude, I'm not 2. You can talk to me like a grown up." I think he was stunned.
I felt kind of bad for like 4 seconds thinking I shouldn't have said anything but then he says "Oh my goodness! I didn't even realize I was talking like that to you."

Then we chatted about the silly things parent say/do without realizing it when they have toddlers in the house.
It became kind of a running joke between us after that.

It does drive me crazy though but I will admit, I've asked my grown children and/or husband if they need to go potty so....
Reply With Quote
  #4784  
Old 11-08-2018, 07:18 AM
MomBoss's Avatar
MomBoss MomBoss is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowerchild View Post
Yes. This. We had a parent swore up and down that his fevers were teething. He went home one day and ended up with a 103 fever and meningitis in hospital. We said he was sick. She didn't listen
A teething fever at most would be 100. And it happens the day before a tooth comes in and the day of. Mayo clinic says the body temp may go up 1 degree and anything above 100 would be illness not teething. I always reference this when parents use that excuse.
Reply With Quote
  #4785  
Old 11-08-2018, 09:23 AM
Jupadia's Avatar
Jupadia Jupadia is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBoss View Post
A teething fever at most would be 100. And it happens the day before a tooth comes in and the day of. Mayo clinic says the body temp may go up 1 degree and anything above 100 would be illness not teething. I always reference this when parents use that excuse.
Yes my youngest would get a slight fever but not much just high enough to call it a fever when ever he was getting teeth. Which for a few months felt like ever week. He had no teeth till 13 months then had a bunch come in for the next 6 months. But I dont thonk I would have noticed except he always feels hot (the kids a furnace) and most times I check him and no fever. My oldest never got a fever at all. As for the DKs I do send them home for any fever regardless of reason.
Reply With Quote
  #4786  
Old 11-12-2018, 05:25 AM
DaveA's Avatar
DaveA DaveA is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,384
Default

There's a skunk either in the back corner of the backyard or just on the other side of the fence. Not a great way to start the week. Yuck
Reply With Quote
  #4787  
Old 11-12-2018, 06:46 AM
Annalee's Avatar
Annalee Annalee is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
There's a skunk either in the back corner of the backyard or just on the other side of the fence. Not a great way to start the week. Yuck
We had a skunk somehow get in our central air unit outside once....our heat was gas so we thought we had a gas leak the smell was so strong. When the gas company came out they knew immediately what it was. It took forever to get that smell out of our house
Reply With Quote
  #4788  
Old 11-13-2018, 03:09 PM
jessiepeel's Avatar
jessiepeel jessiepeel is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mother View Post
What is in your phb and contract about paid holidays? Do you have anything in there about being paid regardless of whether the kids are in care or not? You might need to make a change this upcoming yr with that new policy. I ashually need to do that this yr as well. That way I am covered. Regardless as to whether the parent has a personal day or sick day what have you. If they decide to take it off and keep there child home then they will still have to pay regardless. Specially if daycare is open. She paid for that day so she always has the option to bring dck's to you....

response : My contract states you pay regardless off attendance.. your paying for a spot.

Last edited by Michael; 11-21-2018 at 12:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4789  
Old 11-13-2018, 03:30 PM
jessiepeel's Avatar
jessiepeel jessiepeel is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 4
Default

not your fault i suppose you were talking to parent about the day or possibly dealing with a few other little ones just tell them it was short.. worse case they can say nope !!! and then always count ...
Reply With Quote
  #4790  
Old 11-14-2018, 08:06 AM
Flowerchild's Avatar
Flowerchild Flowerchild is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Georgia
Posts: 61
Default Daily vent

I vent daily this..... so tired of never knowing whenever preschool teacher is coming. I hate the preschool room. So annoying
Reply With Quote
  #4791  
Old 11-14-2018, 08:23 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

My sister's only backup for her kids when there's no school is my mom. So, of course, when my mom can't do it, she asks me.
Why does no one realize this is my job and you can't just assume I'll watch your kids every time you need it? No, I do not want to watch your kids next Wednesday. I have all my kiddos that day, and the last time I watched your kids for 3 hours, they did not behave. You also didn't even pack them a lunch or anything to eat. I definitely do not want them here all day.
UGH.
Reply With Quote
  #4792  
Old 11-14-2018, 09:12 AM
Kimskiddos's Avatar
Kimskiddos Kimskiddos is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 399
Default What a way to start the day!!

Last night was our first hard freeze of the season, so it was COLD this morning.

Went out to get the playroom ready for the day and noticed my 30 gallon aquariums water was down a few inches, touched the stand and yep the sucker is leaking big time!

So before even having my coffee I had to quickly empty and drain my aquarium. Of course the water siphon decided it was not going to work so I had to scoop all 30 gallons out with a pitcher. The carpet is wet, the cabinet is ruined and my poor fish are in a bucket! Just glad I have a fold-able gate system that I can put around the wet spot while it's drying.

The day can only get better from here. I hope
Reply With Quote
  #4793  
Old 11-14-2018, 10:10 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 9,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimskiddos View Post
Last night was our first hard freeze of the season, so it was COLD this morning.

Went out to get the playroom ready for the day and noticed my 30 gallon aquariums water was down a few inches, touched the stand and yep the sucker is leaking big time!

So before even having my coffee I had to quickly empty and drain my aquarium. Of course the water siphon decided it was not going to work so I had to scoop all 30 gallons out with a pitcher. The carpet is wet, the cabinet is ruined and my poor fish are in a bucket! Just glad I have a fold-able gate system that I can put around the wet spot while it's drying.

The day can only get better from here. I hope
All of this without coffee first??!!
Hope your fish get a new home soon and your rug dries!! Not a good way to start your day.
Reply With Quote
  #4794  
Old 11-14-2018, 10:23 AM
Annalee's Avatar
Annalee Annalee is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,275
Default

My dc kids have been awesome this morning.....all while the eye-screening people came to take pics of their eyes I tell them (one kid thinks he was being checked to see if he was color blind like his brother, one thought it was to check if their eyes were burning).

They were still awesome when a client called and demanded I tell dcd that she is NOT married to how he needs to be paying for child care....uhm, NO, NO, NO!. Then another client calls to make sure the wife paid this week for child care (really, don't yall live together?), then the mediquip people brought my grandma the wrong walker, then my nephew had a package to be signed for from UPS delivered because he knew I would be home (come on!), then my aunts keep calling trying to work out the walker thing, then on and on and on.....


Now got an extra large cup of coffee and some excedrin tension headache..

But on a good note, my kids are getting their nap things ready and still being good. Happy about that part!

And I meant to put this on the venting thread? BC can you help with that?
Reply With Quote
  #4795  
Old 11-14-2018, 11:34 AM
BumbleBee's Avatar
BumbleBee BumbleBee is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,137
Default

Just heard the vomit cough from the nap room. No vomit yet but God help me!
Reply With Quote
  #4796  
Old 11-20-2018, 11:22 AM
lostmymind's Avatar
lostmymind lostmymind is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1
Default Whiny

I'm new to the site, so hello! I own and run (by myself) a Before & After Care program, we also run during school breaks and summer (ages 5 & up). We opened in August of this year, so we are just a few months in. Anyhow, on to the venting....

I have a 5 year old that has recently tested on the spectrum. I've had him for over a month now and my patience is running super thin. He doesn't listen, we go over the same thing every. single. day. If he doesn't like what is said, he gets whiny and just plain bratty. His family situation is complicated, but when his guardian comes to pick him up, he changes into a devil child. He insists on making a mess, knocking stuff over, running away and throwing something. Then he asks his guardian if they are going to go and get a toy from the store. I'm all for rewarding, but huh?!

I understand he is special needs, but I'm not sure how much longer I can handle him. He isn't violent, so there isn't a direct reason for expulsion. I just don't know that I can handle this. all. the. time.

I should say my own children are now 8 & 11, so we are way past the toddler stage. But that is right where this kid is, between toddler/preschool mindset and behavior.

Reply With Quote
  #4797  
Old 11-20-2018, 02:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Spent 2 days chasing my $ from the same family...dropped a check with the incorrect amt. Mom comes back after I txt again...to give the difference...and chuckled she can't add. You will not be receiving care on Monday without $ in hand!!
Reply With Quote
  #4798  
Old 11-21-2018, 12:19 AM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is online now
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moorpark CA, Ocean Ridge, FL
Posts: 6,932
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmymind View Post
I'm new to the site, so hello! I own and run (by myself) a Before & After Care program, we also run during school breaks and summer (ages 5 & up). We opened in August of this year, so we are just a few months in. Anyhow, on to the venting....

I have a 5 year old that has recently tested on the spectrum. I've had him for over a month now and my patience is running super thin. He doesn't listen, we go over the same thing every. single. day. If he doesn't like what is said, he gets whiny and just plain bratty. His family situation is complicated, but when his guardian comes to pick him up, he changes into a devil child. He insists on making a mess, knocking stuff over, running away and throwing something. Then he asks his guardian if they are going to go and get a toy from the store. I'm all for rewarding, but huh?!

I understand he is special needs, but I'm not sure how much longer I can handle him. He isn't violent, so there isn't a direct reason for expulsion. I just don't know that I can handle this. all. the. time.

I should say my own children are now 8 & 11, so we are way past the toddler stage. But that is right where this kid is, between toddler/preschool mindset and behavior.



Welcome to the forum!
__________________
Michael Castello
http://www.ccin.com/about.html
Reply With Quote
  #4799  
Old 11-21-2018, 05:31 AM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,258
Default

I open at 7:30, so why does it bother me when someone is knocking at my door at 7:30 on the nose? It's like they wait down the street and pull in my driveway at 7:29 and then she stands here and talks loudly for 10 minutes. ugh
Reply With Quote
  #4800  
Old 11-21-2018, 03:53 PM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 9,084
Default

Have GOT to find my backbone.
This dear sweet dcm..... and it's my own fault for not talking about it with her, face to face, a long time ago. Her contracted hours are until 4:45. After a few months of her coming to pick up closer to 5 every single day, I sent a newsletter home to everyone, telling them all to check their signed contracts and make sure they're picking up on time, then reminded them of what their late fees would be if they didn't. Very passive-aggressive and chicken $hit of me but I thought it'd work. Well, it didn't. She's not supposed to work past 4:30 because she works for the state and according to her dh, the dept. can get into trouble if their workers work over. She usually picks up at 5. Tonight I get a text at 5:02, saying she lost her ice scraper and is running behind because she's letting her windows defrost. Getting out at 4:30 she should've had plenty of time to defrost her windows, especially if she had planned a little bit in advance and started her car earlier. And our town is so small that it doesn't take more than 3 minutes to drive here. But she gets here about 5:10. Apologized, yes. But it shouldn't have happened.
MY FAULT. And I'm as angry with myself as I am with her.
Starting with the new year, I'm going to have to write up new contracts.
Grrr, just had to vent.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
vent

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Positive Thread - What Happened That was GOOD Today? AfterSchoolMom Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 1963 11-27-2018 04:49 AM
Side Topic to Coin Recognition Thread - Time and Calendar spud912 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 3 07-29-2012 09:52 AM
Looking for an old thread Bookworm Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 2 04-25-2012 04:36 PM
Returned Check Thread Unregistered Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 7 10-19-2010 06:59 PM
Venting Question? momofboys Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 6 08-30-2010 09:18 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:59 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming