Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>An Ad In Our Paper
mac60 12:33 PM 02-05-2010
"Needed childcare provider for an infant on a part time basis. Prefer someone with no more than 3 children".

Hmm, ok, you only want me pt, you want me to have no more than 3 children, hmm, parents sure want a lot out of us for yet want to pay so little. Do parents think the majority of us actually do this job "just for the fun of it"? Just how is a provider to make a living only caring for 3 children with 1 being part time?
momma2girls 02:29 PM 02-05-2010
Originally Posted by mac60:
"Needed childcare provider for an infant on a part time basis. Prefer someone with no more than 3 children".

Hmm, ok, you only want me pt, you want me to have no more than 3 children, hmm, parents sure want a lot out of us for yet want to pay so little. Do parents think the majority of us actually do this job "just for the fun of it"? Just how is a provider to make a living only caring for 3 children with 1 being part time?
WOW!! I had one parent interview with me, and seen I had 2 other fulltime and 2 parttime children, and thought it was too much!!! The parttime ones were 2 days and 3 days a week. I always right every child down their ages, and how often they are here, for interviews so they know before they start. Needless to say, they only wanted one or two children here at daycare- I told them GOOD LUCK!!!!!
mac60 04:08 PM 02-05-2010
I will not tell a parent how many children I care for, as far as I am concerned none of their business. I will say something like "I have a total of 6 but the days and times vary for each family". I stay within the guidelines, and that is what matters. I don't ask them "how much they make at their job", or other personal info, it is my business and I don't feel I have to devulge all my info. Just my take on it.
booroo 04:46 PM 02-05-2010
Sounds like they are looking for a sah mom to watch there child; not a daycare provider.

I do part time care, but only because that is the only way alot of moms work around here.
I dont think its any of there business as long as you are with in the guidlines.
gbcc 06:07 PM 02-05-2010
Originally Posted by mac60:
I will not tell a parent how many children I care for, as far as I am concerned none of their business. I will say something like "I have a total of 6 but the days and times vary for each family". I stay within the guidelines, and that is what matters. I don't ask them "how much they make at their job", or other personal info, it is my business and I don't feel I have to devulge all my info. Just my take on it.
I hate when parents ask this! Lol, I always answer politically! I tell parents that it depends on the day but I am legally allowed to care for 6 children alone or 10with my assistant.
Tags:fulltime, part time
Reply Up