Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today?
Blackcat31 06:50 AM 05-04-2018
Two 2 ,5 yr old DCB's standing by the window.....watching a bunny outside...

DCB#1 says "Look! The Easter bunny!" and points

DCB #2 says "That not the Easter bunny, that's the pizza bunny!"

?? ??

Um, okay... Friday is usually pizza day here but I didn't know we had a Pizza Bunny! Yay! I'll take the pizza bunny over the Easter Bunny any day!
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 04:51 PM 05-09-2018
It was dcb's first day back after being sent home with a stomach bug that involved some explosive diapers.
Dcm: Yea! I see you haven't had to change clothes today.
Me: Well, no I haven't.
Dcm:
Me: Ohhhh, you probably talking to the baby.
Cat Herder 08:31 AM 05-16-2018
DCG3: "Whatcha making Mrs. Cat Herder?"

Me: "Turkey Spaghetti."

DCG3: "(Dramatic gasp) For us??? " Covers mouth with both hands as if surprised.

Me: "Yes, of course..."

DCG3: "Well, arent you a sweetie!!! We looooove turkey 'sgetti. (Twirls with arms in air) Yay! Yay!"

Me: "I am so glad to hear that, Thank you. It will be ready very soon."

DCG3: "Mrs. Cat Herder, what's for lunch though?"

YaniraS 06:38 AM 05-17-2018
My two year old already know's that if I tell her know she turns to her grandma and gets what she wants
Attached: download.jpg (10.4 KB) 
Josiegirl 10:07 AM 05-24-2018
Not making me laugh but putting a smile on my face. My toddler is in the crib, laid down an hour ago, should by all rights be exhausted but is humming Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
Later this afternoon should prove interesting.
Jamie 04:15 AM 05-25-2018
I had a 2.5 yo drop-in tell me that at his regular daycare, they all walk around "butt naked" all the time. Even the daycare owner

I know his regular daycare. She howled with laughter when I told her this
BrynleeJean 01:30 PM 05-29-2018
simply the smile on my sons face as he sits in the bucket meant to hold the Duplos, instead of actually playing with the blocks. sigh.. why do i buy toys. He's in an imaginary boat thats apparently much more fun and i just sit here and smile. He's so happy.
Pestle 06:35 AM 06-01-2018
We bought a Whirlpool washing machine when the ancient machine that came with the house died shortly after we moved in. The dryer sort of worked for a few more years, then finally died, and we bought a Samsung dryer. Both were Consumer Reports recommended at the lower end of the price range, so we don't care that they don't match. Or at least, I didn't care. The daycare kids are examining the new dryer while both machines are in operation, and a three-year-old just pointed out that they are currently spinning in opposite directions. I'm not sure I can handle that. I may need to cover the windows with little curtains or something. Portholes? What do you call those viewscreens?
Pestle 08:50 AM 06-01-2018
Also this from a couple of years ago:
Kid got the message but missed the nuance when told to call 911 if she was in trouble.
https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...ency/81311846/
Josiegirl 03:22 AM 06-06-2018
Had a chuckle the other day when the twins were talking about having lobsters for dinner at home. I asked if dad had to cook them and if they tasted good. I figured dcd cooked them but they weren't too keen on eating them. Come to find out, dcd told me it was probably because he made the mistake of letting them crawl around on the floor first.
Jupadia 12:00 PM 06-08-2018
The kids where playing dcb 4, dcb 6, and my boy 5.
Start saying you "you can't screw me" "no I screw you". Me look over about to say something when one of them shouts out "well I'm going to drill then" they where playing with legos and talking about pretending to build with tools.
Miss A 02:29 PM 06-14-2018
I have a cousin sending their son part time this summer. He is the oldest of my group, my Littles just idolize him, and his name is Thomas.

DCB-2.5 has delayed speech, and can not say Thomas. It took me 2 days to realize that DCB-2.5 didn't want to play "Choo choos" all day, but was instead trying to get Thomas's attention.
Unregistered 04:55 PM 06-19-2018
I have an almost 3 year old dcb who has responded to my requests today with a polite, "Yes, dear." Lol

He's gonna make a great husband one day.
Cat Herder 11:36 AM 07-06-2018
DCM brought a new can of parents choice "sensitivity" formula as requested. I just got it out of the cubby to open it and noticed a huge letter F written in sharpie on the front of the can. Kids name starts with the letter G.

Then I got it.

DCD had not meant for this can to come here. He thought DCM would see it and get a laugh at home.

Now, we all have.
fifi 11:29 AM 07-07-2018
The last few weeks the children have wanted Pete the Cat stories over and over again. They all join in when Pete sings "I love my white shoes" and reply to, "Did Pete cry?" with "Goodness no!"

While playing with water outside yesterday, one little boy got his shoes wet. This sweet little guy most likely has FASD, and in the past has freaked out about his shoes getting wet. But yesterday he was walking around the playground singing, "I wuv my wet shoes, I wuv my wet shoes." It was priceless.
ellen211 08:42 PM 07-08-2018
My kids prank their dad. They tried to scare him by putting a mask on. Lol!
BumbleBee 07:55 AM 07-11-2018
Ruined a 5 yr old's life today, so I can check that off my bucket list . How could I be so cruel? What on earth did I do?

I put him in timeout for trying to spit in another child's face.

For 5 minutes I heard a continuous stream of how I ruined his life and he's never going to be happy ever again and how unfair I am and how he's going to cry all his tears out and die because he won't have any left when he needs them.

Drama king. That's the only phrase to describe him. Drama king.

Ironically if a child so much as bumps into him accidently it's instant diva mode because how DARE somebody 'push him down' and injure him and now he 'just can't possibly play anymore because he's SOOOOOO hurt'-and not just his body, but his 'insides are shattered into a million pieces!'

8 weeks until Kindergarten starts!!!!!

It's getting harder and harder to not laugh or roll my eyes in the presence of the kids when he does this.
BumbleBee 04:48 AM 07-18-2018
Dcb4 doesn't have his nemesis to bicker with this morning so he's trying to manipulate dcg3. She's not having it.
Annalee 09:20 AM 07-18-2018
Health/env came for their inspection this morning...when she come in dcb2 met her at the gate. I told him to show ms xxxx where the kitchen was and he took her to the play kitchen.... she got a good laugh out of that
Unregistered 05:21 PM 07-18-2018
When I was relicensed, the official asked the two oldest kids their names as she looked at her list. They both gave fake names 😮 that sounded real. As she looked up and down her list and gave me the side eye, I thought quick and had the kids do their morning handshakes with her, during which they say their full name.

Crisis averted 😅
BumbleBee 07:43 PM 08-16-2018
Dcb6 "come here dcb5, I need to teach you something."

Dcb5 "what are you going to teach me?"

dcb6 "I need to teach you how not to be a jerk.".

truth be told Dcb5 needed that lesson today.
DaveA 05:16 AM 08-20-2018
DCB10 spent the morning talking about these really cool "antique things" for music he found in his basement over the weekend- Cassette tapes.

I feel really old now.
Josiegirl 09:37 AM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by DaveA:
DCB10 spent the morning talking about these really cool "antique things" for music he found in his basement over the weekend- Cassette tapes.

I feel really old now.
LOL
Terrible thing is they're not *that* old considering....what were those cartridge things that didn't stay around long, before cassettes?
Leigh 01:06 PM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by DaveA:

I feel really old now.
My nephew (29 now) and I were talking when he was in high school. I said something about a record (album), and he said "what's a record?". I still remember using a reel to reel machine, the "ditto" copier at school, 8-tracks, and cassettes. Laser discs and Beta movies, too. I'm sure it is confusing to kids who are so young when we talk about stuff like that!
Blackcat31 01:17 PM 08-20-2018
Originally Posted by Leigh:
My nephew (29 now) and I were talking when he was in high school. I said something about a record (album), and he said "what's a record?". I still remember using a reel to reel machine, the "ditto" copier at school, 8-tracks, and cassettes. Laser discs and Beta movies, too. I'm sure it is confusing to kids who are so young when we talk about stuff like that!
I still have the reel to reel player my parents had when I was a child. It's so cool! My mom recorded my brother and I singing Old McDonald Had a Farm when we were about 2 and 3 yrs old.

I have our old slide projector too... never know when the kids come visit and I might want to have a 3 hour presentation of vacation slides to watch or even better, a 575 slide show from Vietnam.

I also saved my parents' collection of 45's (record albums and vinyl ARE making a comeback ) and my dad's extensive 8 track tapes of all the old country singers. Never know when I get an inkling for Tom Jones or maybe a little Conway Twitty.
DaveA 05:07 AM 08-24-2018
It’s pouring rain this morning so I opened garage doors so DCFs can stay dry. DCG3 is mad she didn’t get to use her umbrella.
Cat Herder 06:34 AM 08-29-2018
When your co-workers hate you.

https://www.facebook.com/james.h.cos...53711/?__xts__

The problem was a Flux-capaci-tater...... Can't breath.
LysesKids 03:45 AM 09-05-2018
That both amberrose3dg and I share a birthday & we were both born on Labor day just in different years. Happy Birthday to both of us today
Blackcat31 06:56 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
That both amberrose3dg and I share a birthday & we were both born on Labor day just in different years. Happy Birthday to both of us today
Happy Birthday!!!
Jupadia 08:42 AM 09-05-2018
My youngest shared a birthday (December 30) with the kid next door to us, and then the other kid on the other side of us. I still want to know the chances of 3 kids being born on same day (different years), all living next to each other.
Jupadia 08:53 AM 09-05-2018
Ment to add happy belated birthday
Blackcat31 09:00 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
My youngest shared a birthday (December 30) with the kid next door to us, and then the other kid on the other side of us. I still want to know the chances of 3 kids being born on same day (different years), all living next to each other.
A friend of mine from high school has two sons. Both born (naturally.....no c section or induction) on her birthday. Her sons are 3 yrs apart. Dad only needs remember one date as both sons and his wife share the day.
LysesKids 09:31 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
A friend of mine from high school has two sons. Both born (naturally.....no c section or induction) on her birthday. Her sons are 3 yrs apart. Dad only needs remember one date as both sons and his wife share the day.
That is too cool. My brothers and my son were all born on thanksgiving in way different years... my oldest DD on Valentines day
amberrose3dg 09:33 AM 09-05-2018
That is too cool. My brothers and my son were all born on thanksgiving in way different years... my oldest DD on Valentines day
My youngest is new years eve. She will be 4 this year.
Miss A 10:04 AM 09-05-2018
I gave birth to my son on my husband's 34th birthday, 16 minutes after midnight. When I was pregnant my DH was adamant about naming a boy after DH's grandpa, who DH is also named after. So, my DH got a son and got to name him on his birthday.

My middle little sister, and my first cousin were also born on the same day, so now we have 4 birthdays on the same day in our family.
Jupadia 01:38 PM 09-05-2018

My oldest is a valentines baby, I joke it was so his father did not have to deal with the holiday and just had to do his birthday. He came a week early to make it happen.
Cat Herder 09:00 AM 09-07-2018
5 year old, angry puzzling.

Scowling, slapping each piece into place then glaring at me.

Maybe he should not have mixed eight wooden puzzles (20 pieces per, color-coded on back, per each 4 puzzle set, 2 boxes) together as he has been told weekly for the last 4 years. Get them put together to get them put away.

If you can't do the time don't do the crime, buddy.
Blackcat31 09:08 AM 09-07-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
5 year old, angry puzzling.

Scowling, slapping each piece into place then glaring at me.

Maybe he should not have mixed eight wooden puzzles (20 pieces per, color-coded on back, per each 4 puzzle set, 2 boxes) together as he has been told weekly for the last 4 years. Get them put together to get them put away.

If you can't do the time don't do the crime, buddy.

I have a version of this posted on my cupboard door....been there since 2000.
Cat Herder 09:30 AM 09-07-2018

Love it!!

He is super ticked, now. He is having a picnic lunch, with the puzzles. Naptime is also optional at 5 years old.

It really isn't that difficult. They are the little ones for toddlers plus I painted the backs to color code them.

I texted his mom and asked how long she wanted me to make him work on it. She texted back "Feel free to send them home with him if they are not done by pickup." I guess we are all good, here.

I plan to stop at 1 hour, though. I have a treat planned for the group at 3:30 and this one likes his nap. Our class cucumbers and squash are ready for picking and I made cookies with our pumpkins.
Attached: puzzles (500 x 321).jpg (40.6 KB) 
Josiegirl 09:51 AM 09-07-2018
Just went to check on my almost 2 yo dcg. She has a doll with a paci and she still uses a paci. She and her doll are laying nose to nose, both with pacis stuck in their mouths. Man, she is such a cutie pie. I'm already thinking how traumatic it'll be to watch her go off to preschool.
storybookending 01:45 PM 09-07-2018

You have a child named Thad? My sister is marrying a Thad in February and I’ve never met anyone else with the same name, nor has he!
Blackcat31 02:27 PM 09-07-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
You have a child named Thad? My sister is marrying a Thad in February and I’ve never met anyone else with the same name, nor has he!
Oddly, he is the second Thad (Thaddeus) I have had in care. This one has a sibling named Theodore.

The other was an only child and is probably about 16 now.

My current Thad will be 2 in Jan. It is definitely a "different" name. One I have trouble in conjunction with the sibling's name. It sounds like I have a speech problem.

The kids call him "Fad" or "him".
flossie 05:15 PM 09-10-2018
I'm probably naughty for doing so... But... I was chuckling as I watched out the kitchen window as a teacher was trying to get the last preschooler inside to get cleaned up for lunch. Their swing and slide set is in front of my only kitchen window. It was pretty funny watching her start to climb up and him racing down - there was no way she was going to make it up there to get him, ha ha... Next time I looked I saw her picking him up under his arms and his feet kicking.

One of the older preschoolers wasn't watching where she was going and she walked right into my hindside. I turned around and exclaimed, "Sweetie (didn't call her that, called her by name), you just walked into my butt." She smiled and looked a little embarrassed, then she wrapped her arms around my legs in a hug and told me she loved me.
Miss A 11:02 AM 09-12-2018
My own almost 2 year old doesn't nap long, so I let him watch Daniel Tiger after he wakes so the others get a full nap. Today's episode is Snowy Day/Tutu All The Time, and when Henrietta *****cat drops Katerina Kitty Cat off at school in a tutu and doesn't make her put it in her cubby, and even says "I'm glad that you like your tutu!" I laugh so hard. Even in cartoons parents think that the rules can't possibly apply to them or their children!
Blackcat31 01:16 PM 09-12-2018
One of my (favorite) DCK's went to Kindy this year.

Still comes after school off bus for an hour every day though.

Today was their first day being dropped off via the bus.
Child comes in and announces PROUDLY to everyone asking about the first day/what they learned etc...

DCK's reply: "Hey guys guess what?!?! I got to ride the bus with no car seat and no seatbelt!!"

Tried squeezing additional info in regards to their day and all the fun things they may have done etc... but the thrill was apparently riding that bus without a car seat or seatbelt. DCK even says "....and I get to do it again tomorrow!!"

Guess it's the little things in life...
Pestle 04:45 AM 09-17-2018
The Standoff

Me: "Good job takin' off your soggy boggy pull-up!"
DCK: "Good job me! Ah not soggy!"
Me: "Now it's time to put on a dry one!"
DCK: "Nuh Ah dun wan to!"

10 minutes later . . .

Me: "Hey, buddy, you can't come out into the playroom without a pull-up on."
DCK: "Ah come out playyyyy."
Me: "Sorry, dude; you're too naked to come out here with everybody else."
DCK: "Ah not naked!"
Me: "I don't wan't to see your bottom."
DCK: "DON'T LOOK AT MY BOTTOM!!!"
Me: "Yo, dude, I don't want to! Please put a pull-up over your bottom!"

Three minutes later:

DCK, horrified: "What DAT? Ah dun lahk it! Pestle what DAT? Ah dun lahk it!"
Me: "Stop playing with the paper tow-- oh, ick! Mr. Man, that's a camel cricket."
DCK: "AH DUN LAHK IT."

Yeah, Ah dun lahk it either.
Cat Herder 08:13 AM 09-24-2018
Received a 3 paragraph email stating how upset a parent was to learn that I have a new assistant without discussing it with them first. That they are uncomfortable with my decision, asking about her references, background check, and demanding to meet her today.

I am struggling with the decision to send a quick text to put DCM out of her misery or schedule the conference with both parents for them to meet our new empathy/sharing story puppet Danielle.https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...KIKX0DER&psc=1 Choices...
Attached: danielle_donkey_ (450 x 600).jpg (33.5 KB) 
Annalee 09:13 AM 09-24-2018
Received a 3 paragraph email stating how upset a parent was to learn that I have a new assistant without discussing it with them first. That they are uncomfortable with my decision, asking about her references, background check, and demanding to meet her today.

I am struggling with the decision to send a quick text to put DCM out of her misery or schedule the conference with both parents for them to meet our new empathy/sharing story puppet Danielle.https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...KIKX0DER&psc=1 Choices...
Hilarious!!!! I vote for your second choice!!!
Josiegirl 09:16 AM 09-24-2018

Hahahaha unbelievable!! I really think after such an email I'd make it as uncomfortable and embarrassing for them as possible and let them meet your puppet. And make a huge production out of it.
Pepperth 10:22 AM 09-24-2018

Also, I love that Danielle is a donkey. I hope the irony isn't lost on them when you schedule the conference.
Cat Herder 10:32 AM 09-24-2018
I got Danielle because my oldest DCB is having a bit of a hoarding issue yelling at others when they pick up something he puts down. My neighbors have a donkey that "shouts" at them when they arrive, he does not like it. See where I am going here...

I ended up texting her because DH texted that he was grilling salmon for dinner. Salmon tastes better than vindictive satisfaction, or at least that is what I am supposed to believe.

Also have any of you heard the Wonkey Donkey? Such a happy accident. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...9&&FORM=VRDGAR

DCB and I have listened to her three times today, laughing to tears.
Pestle 01:16 PM 09-24-2018

OMG OMG OMG I'm going to die. My belly is going to implode. DCM is going to arrive for pickup and find a black hole hovering in space where Ms. Pestle was sitting when she read this.
Cat Herder 02:49 PM 09-24-2018
Originally Posted by Pestle:
OMG OMG OMG I'm going to die. My belly is going to implode. DCM is going to arrive for pickup and find a black hole hovering in space where Ms. Pestle was sitting when she read this.
Gpa picked up. DCM had a doctors appointment.

Got a text during naptime, from a longtime client, asking if I am still closed next week. Same week, every year.

Will be interesting to see how far down the rabbit hole this goes this week.
daycarediva 10:36 AM 09-25-2018

My LOL today-

Doing lacing beads (balls) this AM. Dcb announces "DCG, you gave me blue balls. I don't want blue balls."

Kiddo drew a scary looking picture (dck thought it was a witch) and she said "no, rude-tude, it's my GRANDMA." then leaned in and whispered "and she IS a witch." dead serious.
Hunni Bee 01:13 PM 09-25-2018
One of dcms must own stock in Matilda Jane. All the ruffles, patchwork, pastel clothing you can handle. Dcg has even got PJs and a tote bag in that pattern.
Rockgirl 07:34 AM 09-28-2018
2 yr old dcg has REALLY gross poopy diapers, usually twice a day. Yesterday when I was changing her, I said (under my breath....I didn’t even think she heard), “Wow—what are you eating at home?”

She immediately yelled, “APPLES!!”
storybookending 05:28 PM 10-18-2018
Walked to the park today and the park was MISSING, all equipment was gone! I’m thinking they are just redoing it but man the kids thought it was hilarious.
Attached: 808345E2-92CC-40EE-BFD6-A09FD63B7BA0.jpeg (366.5 KB) 
Leigh 07:42 AM 10-19-2018
Originally Posted by storybookending:
Walked to the park today and the park was MISSING, all equipment was gone! I’m thinking they are just redoing it but man the kids thought it was hilarious.
That would be hilarious! Were any of them worried? Confused? I can only imagine the looks on their faces!
Leigh 07:43 AM 10-19-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

My LOL today-

Doing lacing beads (balls) this AM. Dcb announces "DCG, you gave me blue balls. I don't want blue balls."

Kiddo drew a scary looking picture (dck thought it was a witch) and she said "no, rude-tude, it's my GRANDMA." then leaned in and whispered "and she IS a witch." dead serious.
It may be worth having cameras in my house just to catch moments like this!
storybookending 08:02 AM 10-19-2018
Originally Posted by Leigh:
That would be hilarious! Were any of them worried? Confused? I can only imagine the looks on their faces!
My almost 3 year old was the only one a little confused/worried that she wasn’t going to get to play. But it’s okay we then walked to the “dinosaur park” aka the nearby elementary school to play. I just wish I had known bc I purposely walked them the long way (we were also checking out Halloween decorations) about a block from the school in question to get to this park and then had to backtrack!

I am hoping new equipment is the case. I don’t really like going to this park bc of the set up. It has a nice stair like platform to climb up to one slide and then you have to cross moneybars to get to the main part with like 6 bigger more fun slides or climb up this weird step thing that is too advanced/hard to climb for 4/6 of my kids and one of the ones that can climb it is afraid of it. So it’s either they all share the one slide, which they don’t complain about but kind of defeats the purpose of walking them to a park when we have essentially the same basic slide at home or I spend the hour standing at the monkey bars platform lifting them all to access the fun slides.
DaveA 06:24 AM 10-24-2018
Today was "wacky clothes day" at school DCB comes in clothes inside out, shorts over pants, jeans used as shirt sleeves, and socks over his shoes. DCM says as she's leaving "Please come home with all your clothes!" Now there's words to live by. DCM & I decided it is the perfect example of "things we never thought we'd hear ourselves say"
Josiegirl 10:04 AM 11-05-2018
And I wonder why 2 yo dcg hasn't fallen asleep yet.
I thought she had pooped so I went to get a diaper and change her. I happened to look out our front window and there were 15 turkeys at our feeders. So of course, I got all excited and wanted to share it with her.
sharlan 11:04 AM 11-05-2018
Dcg and dcb came running out of the playroom, screaming "dinosaurs, come momma". They were both in a panic. I thought maybe they heard a truck going down the back street.

No, it was my granddaughter moving around in her bedroom. I told them it was Hannah, but they're positive it's a dinosaur.
Pestle 12:52 PM 11-05-2018
Unusually verbal two-year-old, while I was texting with a parent: "Your phone. It goes vrrp vrrp. That's a problem."
happymom 12:23 PM 11-06-2018
A friend of mine posts a picture of her 4 year old getting cavities filled and says "we can't really figure out the cause of it, may just be genetics"

20 hours later...posts a video of her 8 month old drinking a bottle of chocolate milk...and says she has an identical video of her older son doing the same.
Flowerchild 07:13 AM 11-07-2018
A child went in cozy center and buried themselves in pillows to waist. Said to me you. Can't see my socks or shoes. Because she couldn't move she casually said to another waddler hey can you get me a book.
Flowerchild 07:25 AM 11-14-2018
Child trying to sing uptown funk 😂😂😂 upchuck funk u up
Jupadia 07:38 AM 11-16-2018
We had our first snowfall yesterday, by the time the snow started my MIL was due to take over so I could make it to parent teacher interviews. I dont have her worry about taking the kids outside if I'm only gone a short time, and by the time I got back it was dark so the daycare kids never made it out in the afternoon. (Did go out in am).

But I took out my 2 year old soon to be 3 to our front yard after daycare so I could shovel the drive way before my husband got home. He kept trying to "clean" everything because he was convinced it was dirty. Even his mittens were "messy". We have a blowup christmas minion that we put out, he got all cleaned up.
Daddy also took him out when he hot home threw a snowball and he got hit by mistake but he on daddy when he got back in.
DaveA 05:48 AM 11-27-2018
Well that's what I get for giving my wife grief about getting an AARP card application. She just called me to let me know a child from my last 2 year old center classroom is the area's high school Athlete of the Week.
Jupadia 05:35 PM 12-01-2018
So today we are out and about as a family. We pass a grave yard my oldest 5 points out the cool stones. My husband very bluntly says that they are graves for dead people. My kids eyes went big, so I made sure to add that they were mostly for when you get really old, but then you go to heaven. Now we are not religious but do believe in God and heaven . The only real mention of heven we have done is saying that's were our dog went, and then the fish as well (dog taking care of fish he had freaked out one night months after we flushed the fish about the fish so we told him this). But he thinks about the heven thing for a minute and then ask "what about my bedroom where will I sleep?" So we just told him he will have a bedroom there. Now he seems fine with the whole dying thing hopefully.
Blackcat31 09:14 AM 12-07-2018
I saw this yesterday and just love it! Had to share!!

Annalee 09:29 AM 12-07-2018
I saw this yesterday and just love it! Had to share!!

LOVE THAT! I saw one that said "the people who gripe about this current generation of parents raised them". So true
gumdrops 10:34 AM 12-11-2018
My husband visits with us everyday during lunch. A few days ago DCG2 kept saying "my mom, my mom, my mom". My husband said "Is crazy?" She actually has a very good mom who respects my rules, etc. My husband was just being silly.

Today when he came in the same DCG looked at him and said "Mom crazy" Don't know if I should or

I hope she doesn't repeat it at home LOL!
Cat Herder 10:42 AM 12-12-2018
I thought I had three large chilled Honeycrisp apples in the crisper for this afternoons snack. I just pulled out the bag from the farmers market and they are not apples, they are turnips.

Some lady going to make soup must have grabbed my bag at the register. I doubt she was as miffed as these DCK's are going to be when they get them after nap.

So sliced turnips, pretzels and baby carrots with ranch? IDK This should be interesting.
Cat Herder 11:04 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by Annalee:
LOVE THAT! I saw one that said "the people who gripe about this current generation of parents raised them". So true
I'll add "or avoided raising them by being "busy".
Annalee 12:10 PM 12-12-2018
I thought I had three large chilled Honeycrisp apples in the crisper for this afternoons snack. I just pulled out the bag from the farmers market and they are not apples, they are turnips.

Some lady going to make soup must have grabbed my bag at the register. I doubt she was as miffed as these DCK's are going to be when they get them after nap.

So sliced turnips, pretzels and baby carrots with ranch? IDK This should be interesting.
I would love some turnips with salt or ranch dip or both
Cat Herder 12:28 PM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I would love some turnips with salt or ranch dip or both
I love them in turkey root stew (carrots, celery, leeks, turnips, potatoes, onion). I was not planning on making any more this year, though. I am turkey'd out.

I liked the little ones from the garden as a kid, but these are a good 8 inches around. They kind of burn.
BumbleBee 06:26 PM 12-19-2018
Dcb7 had to bring 7up for his class party. He was pretty stoked that he would get to drink 7up. Until he found out the 6 yr olds in his class would get to drink it to because:

"7up is only for kids age 7 and up!"
EmilyLily 06:24 AM 01-30-2019
Whenever I feel down I check out puppy and kitten videos on the internet, that is one of my anti-stress therapies. Looking a 30sec video can make my day!
Cat Herder 11:12 AM 01-30-2019
"Hold on a second. So because she won't be quiet and he won't go play toys, I have to go to nap? 'Splain to me how that works, again?"

This kid. Can you tell he has been here over 5 years?
Blackcat31 06:18 AM 02-05-2019
Two DCK's (age 5 not in Kindy yet) are working in the arts/crafts area.

One DCK to the other: "Do you know why we should write your name on our projects?"

#2 DCK "So we know it's ours"

#1 DCK "No, it's so we don't forget our names"

Um ok...
storybookending 10:06 AM 02-22-2019
Me: “Nope, it’s nap time now you know the rules”
DCG4: “and the drill”
Me: *thinks a minute*
YOU KNOW THE DRILL, I’M DYING LAUGHING HAHAH
BumbleBee 01:35 PM 02-22-2019
A parent came in and she was talking with her kid about the baby crane they saw on the way here, flying around calling for his mommy.

My dumb@ss took entirely too long to realize they were talking about the BIRD, not the piece of construction equipment. I legit asked if it was being flown in by a helicopter.

In my defense:
1. Daycare has been boy heavy for a few years.
2. My first cup of coffee wasn't consumed until 3:30pm today.
braign 10:41 AM 02-26-2019
One of my (favorite) DCK's went to Kindy this year.

Still comes after school off bus for an hour every day though.

Today was their first day being dropped off via the bus.
Child comes in and announces PROUDLY to everyone asking about the first day/what they learned etc...

DCK's reply: "Hey guys guess what?!?! I got to ride the bus with no car seat and no seatbelt!!"

Tried squeezing additional info in regards to their day and all the fun things they may have done etc... but the thrill was apparently riding that bus without a car seat or seatbelt. DCK even says "....and I get to do it again tomorrow!!"

Guess it's the little things in life...
My son is 3.5 and we catch the city bus downtown to all the activities there, and his favourite part of the day is being on the bus. He LOVES the driver, and going past the train yard, and without fail, on the way home, he falls asleep on my lap.

I love seeing such 'mundane' things through the eyes of a child!
Jupadia 12:28 PM 03-04-2019
One of my dkb turns 2 today so I put up a banner for him and planned to serve mimi birthday cupcakes for PM snack today as a treat.

First the poor kid ends up being the only one here. I have one that dose not come mondays, two that are sick (one mine and with his nana), one at school, and one unfilled spot. So it is was it is today with the amount of kids, my oldest before going to school did take some of is turtle figures downstairs for the kid to play with.
But we had afternoon snack, I come out with the cupcakes and tears start pouring down his face. I had to bring it back to the other room and he refused to eat it. Never before have I had a child responded this way, I had to laugh. His mom said he got shy when they did cake with family this weekend.
Hunni Bee 12:15 PM 03-05-2019
"Just because he has the same color eyes as you doesn't mean he copied you."
Blackcat31 02:16 PM 03-05-2019
I think I'll get one of these the next time a round of colds, coughs and runny noses passes through..... lol!
Attached: 53314565_10215407110224433_92972109084491776_n.jpg (77.0 KB) 
Josiegirl 02:55 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
"Just because he has the same color eyes as you doesn't mean he copied you."
OMG I can so relate to this!! My 5 yos are always getting annoyed because the younger ones idolize them and that means doing what they do, saying what they say, etc.
Aussiedaycare 07:25 PM 03-05-2019
I've got a young girl here at the moment who is totally into matching things - her socks are the same colour as his shorts, his shoes are the same colour as her hair tie type of things.
This morning she comes in behind another parent ready to drop off for the day and says as loud as she can - "Look Mummy, V's Mummy's dress matches Aussiedaycare's rubbish bin"

Could not have laughed any louder
Jupadia 06:24 AM 03-06-2019
My youngest has a fever today (not the funny part) but he is over at his nanas now searching and calling down her heating vents for nijia turtles he thinks it the sewers. We have radiators so no vents at home.
e.j. 11:53 AM 03-06-2019
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
My youngest has a fever today (not the funny part) but he is over at his nanas now searching and calling down her heating vents for nijia turtles he thinks it the sewers. We have radiators so no vents at home.
That's funny! I love the way kids think! lol

I have 2 little girls here who are usually well behaved but not so much today! As I was making lunch, it got too quiet so I decided to take a peek at what they were doing. As I reached the playroom door, I heard a thump. They had turned the Little Tykes Store on its back so the shelves were looking up toward the ceiling. One was trying to climb into it and sit down with her legs and feet inside the shelving. As I was telling her to get out of there so I could turn the store right side up, the other little girl's disappointment was clear when she whined "Aww! We were just going to fly to Planet Awesome!"
e.j. 07:45 PM 03-06-2019
Forgot to mention...she's only 2 1/2! "Planet Awesome" just cracked me up!
e.j. 09:20 AM 03-08-2019
Yesterday...same 2 year old....I'm changing her diaper after nap time and she tells me, "My body hurts." I ask her if she can tell me what part of her body hurts. She tells me, "My lady parts." I tried so hard not to laugh!
BumbleBee 08:13 PM 03-11-2019
Dcb turned 4 today. He was so excited about his birthday breakfast (at home.) What did he pick to celebrate this momentous occasion?

Salad. He picked salad. With LOTS of ranch. 😂
sahm1225 09:05 PM 03-11-2019
DH - why is the kitten green???
DD 9 -

ME: DD9 what did you do???

Apparently our kitten rolled in slime.i spent Sunday morning giving an angry kitten a bath while my DD cried because the kitten was crying.
missmisty 12:08 PM 03-15-2019
DCG - 2.5, DCB 3.5

DCG crying: missmisty!!!!
me: what happened?
DCG: (pointing at dcb while crying hysterically)
me: DCB, do you know why she's crying?
DCB: well.
(long pause)
...I just wanted her away from me.
me: I understand, now can you tell me what made her cry?
DCB: well
(another long pause)
...I maybe pushed her because I wanted her away so I made her away.
me: We don't push our friends. Let's go to time-out.
DCB: its ok though because she's not my friend. I actually don't like her.

**at this point I'm hiding a grin because logically hes telling me that he shouldn't be in trouble because didn't push "a friend".

me: I see. Well it's still not kind to push ANYONE. We use gentle hands not hurting hands. Please sit on the time-out bench.
DCB: fine.
DCG - who has been screaming this whole time suddenly smiles this huge "I won" smile and says "OH TANK YOU MISS MISTY!!!"

I walked away giggling. both at his logic and honesty, because he really DOESNT like this little girl, but also at the fact that she THANKED ME for putting him in time-out
Baby Beluga 02:23 PM 03-20-2019
Not DC related.

I emailed customer service about a package that was showing received by USPS info, but was showing not received by the company's website.

The CSR's name was "Heidy O"
DaveA 11:29 AM 04-02-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Not DC related.

I emailed customer service about a package that was showing received by USPS info, but was showing not received by the company's website.

The CSR's name was "Heidy O"
Oh I couldn't have kept it together without laughing.

Mine should maybe be a vent, but I'm laughing too hard at the super child expert speech therapist who showed up for initial visit for a 2 year old during naptime. Yeah maybe next time you'll actually contact the child's provider like you told mom you would first.
BumbleBee 10:12 PM 04-03-2019
7 month old spit up in my ear today.

The other dck's thought it was hilarious.

My reaction was certainly Oscar worthy.

Not much can make me gag or gross me out but warm, slimy, lumpy spit up in my ear canal apparently triggers my gag reflex.
Blackcat31 06:16 AM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by BumbleBee:
7 month old spit up in my ear today.

The other dck's thought it was hilarious.

My reaction was certainly Oscar worthy.

Not much can make me gag or gross me out but warm, slimy, lumpy spit up in my ear canal apparently triggers my gag reflex.

Tags:cute, funny, happy, inspirational topic, positive, sweet
First ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Reply Up