Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 8 9 10 11 12  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today?
Miss A 01:32 PM 05-10-2017
Me- "X, you have been a very good girl today! I am so happy!"
"X"(18 months) - "NO!"
Me- "Yes, you have been a good girl. That is a happy thing!"
"X"- "No, no, no" (while stomping away)
sharlan 06:28 PM 05-17-2017
I've had a very crappy week, so far, with no signs of improvement. I read this entire thread and it really improved my attitude.
DaveA 05:15 AM 05-18-2017
It's going to be one of those days you just have to set back and laugh. It's 7:00 and so far---

DCG4 came in crying because DCG9 stepped on "her sidewalk"

DCG9 begged that we wait for the bus inside the garage because they went to the zoo yesterday and her legs were "exposed to too many UV rays". She wore pants yesterday.

DCB10 came in with his shorts on backwards because he didn't sleep well after getting braces tightened.

DD ran downstairs 2 minutes before the bus to the just put away winter stuff to get a stocking cap. They moved the classroom around and her new spot is under the AC vent. Her "hair is cold"

DS was so tired from his class trip he went out on the front porch to wait for the bus without socks and shoes on.

Let the games begin.
bklsmum 07:37 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I've had a very crappy week, so far, with no signs of improvement. I read this entire thread and it really improved my attitude.
This is my fave place to come when I am having a bad day!
Mike 11:34 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by DaveA:
It's going to be one of those days you just have to set back and laugh. It's 7:00 and so far---

DCG4 came in crying because DCG9 stepped on "her sidewalk"

DCG9 begged that we wait for the bus inside the garage because they went to the zoo yesterday and her legs were "exposed to too many UV rays". She wore pants yesterday.

DCB10 came in with his shorts on backwards because he didn't sleep well after getting braces tightened.

DD ran downstairs 2 minutes before the bus to the just put away winter stuff to get a stocking cap. They moved the classroom around and her new spot is under the AC vent. Her "hair is cold"

DS was so tired from his class trip he went out on the front porch to wait for the bus without socks and shoes on.

Let the games begin.
Sounds like a few should have just went back to bed.
sharlan 02:13 PM 05-19-2017
My 3 yo has been resisting nap for nearly 2 hours. After 2 hours of lay down, close your eyes, shhhh, it's nap time, shhhh, quiet please, I gave up. She's not going to sleep.

I looked over at her and asked are you going to sleep today? She smiled and said, " Nope, not happening today. Today is a stay awake day."

Ok, you win. No nap.
Mom2Two 09:19 AM 05-23-2017
I got out the dress ups this morning and the 4 yo boys decided to they were hilarious and tried to put on the princes dresses. But they couldn't quite figure out how those darn things worked! The looks of genuine puzzlement on their faces was priceless as they tried to get them on. I guess they can just be glad they don't have to deal with heels and pantyhose!
sharlan 09:27 AM 05-25-2017
Our weather has been cold, hot, cold lately. It was close to 95* the other day.

My 3 yo kept asking Papa, my dh, to turn the heater off because it was too hot.
happymom 03:48 PM 06-01-2017
Yesterday my 5yo had an "ouch report"

Teacher says he drove a car into a friend and the friend in turn through a block at him and it hit him in the forehead.

I asked my 5yo about driving a car into his friend and he says "no! it drove by itself!"
daycarediva 09:24 AM 06-07-2017
I LOVE yard work, I hopped on the riding mower when I got home last night since the lawn was FINALLY dry and I could NOT get it to start. I give in, call to dh, and it starts right up for him.

I get on, try it again, nothing.

We figured it out, I no longer weigh enough to start the mower. Dh added a 20lb weight on a chain to the seat and then it worked just fine.
Annalee 09:51 AM 06-07-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I LOVE yard work, I hopped on the riding mower when I got home last night since the lawn was FINALLY dry and I could NOT get it to start. I give in, call to dh, and it starts right up for him.

I get on, try it again, nothing.

We figured it out, I no longer weigh enough to start the mower. Dh added a 20lb weight on a chain to the seat and then it worked just fine.
Love it!
DaveA 11:41 AM 06-22-2017
One of our classroom mice has a sense of humor. Tiger will wait till the other is running on the wheel then run under it & stand up, stopping it dead. After the running mouse goes tumbling out of the wheel Tiger climbs on to of the house and squeaks at Spot like "Haha!" She does this daily, usually many times a day. Even the classroom pets are crazy here.
Annalee 09:50 AM 06-28-2017
Just had a lady call all frustrated because her daycare was closing for funerals and doctor appointments and stuff wanted to know if I could take her kids as drop-ins. When I said NO, she wanted to know if I knew anyone who would take her kids. I told her the website that listed all the daycares. I mean, really? Funerals and doctor appointments, this lady obviously has never been faced with a funeral or she would NOT have acted so uncaring. This generation of "all about me", is
Blackcat31 07:38 AM 06-29-2017
This is posted in another group I am in:

Originally Posted by :
I have a dilemma! I have a 2 1/2 yr old dcg. Her mom says she should be potty trained before 3 yrs and is pushing it. This girl has no desire to go hard core. Mom now wants to take a week off work to stay at my house during daycare hours to train here!!! That's a first!!!
Um, no.
daycarediva 11:07 AM 06-30-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
This is posted in another group I am in:

Um, no.
I thought the dcm asking to stay for a DAY was bad. According to her dck is 100% potty trained at home. At here, he can't pull down his pants, let alone ask to go. AND he NEVER asks to go or goes when he is placed on the toilet.
Cat Herder 05:55 AM 07-14-2017
I made 12 cupcakes in preparation for our hot tea and cupcake party, today.

I expected 3 kids, so gave 6 to my husband and sons last night.

Woke up dragging, expected 3 kids after 8, saw cupcakes, debated, won, treated myself to coffee, 2 cupcakes and an hour of peaceful screen time.

6 kids showed up.

I love the smell of fresh baking in the morning.
DaveA 05:32 AM 07-27-2017
Yeah it's going to be one of those days- I just handed the baby a treat and threw the dog a stuffed animal.
Josiegirl 10:23 AM 08-06-2017
I was at Dollar Tree this a.m., went around a corner and caught this 8-9 yo kid throwing balls all over the floor, along with a bunch of other stuff that was there. He had turned around to walk away the same instant I came around the corner. He saw me and I spread my arms like a 'wtf' movement. He set right to picking those balls up so fast, I helped him and thanked him for picking them up when he was done.
Haha caught in the act.
Rockgirl 07:54 AM 08-08-2017
Dcg5: "K (dcg19 months) is learning so many new things from us!"

Me: "Yes, she is. I'm glad you're showing her how to do things nicely."

Dcg5: "Yeah, and not teaching her bad stuff."

Dcg4: "Yeah, like saying 'BUTT' and things like that."
Cat Herder 08:10 AM 09-08-2017
Preschoolers doing T4L on tablets. Toddlers stacking Lauris. Post-op teen zonked out. Infants fed and changed.

All is right with the world. I pour myself some lemonade and check out FB.

Infant lets out blood curdling scream, lemonade spills in lap and keyboard. I run to pick him up. I am rocking, walking and he is still inconsolable. 7 minutes, no change, I say "I wish you could tell me what is wrong?"

He passes gas so loudly all the preschoolers turn around to laugh. Infant quiets mid-scream. DCB4.5 asks "Did you pull his finger? Great thinking Mrs. Cat Herder! That works for my Papa, too, so much!"
sharlan 04:03 PM 09-20-2017
4yo was laying across dh's legs this morning looking at me. She says, "Grandma, you're so old. Grandma's get so old.". I said, "What about Papa?". She said, "No, papas don't get old, only grandma's "

I'm only 63.
daycarediva 09:59 AM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:
4yo was laying across dh's legs this morning looking at me. She says, "Grandma, you're so old. Grandma's get so old.". I said, "What about Papa?". She said, "No, papas don't get old, only grandma's "

I'm only 63.
OUCH!

My dcg finds it HILARIOUS that *I* am a grandma now. She keeps asking me "Where your wrinkles and grandma hair are?" It's getting there, babe!
DaveA 05:18 AM 10-03-2017
It's picture day at school so all the school age and pre-k kids are dressed up and spit & polished. My own DD hates dressing up. She's hacked that Mommy (I'm totally throwing DW under the bus on this one) put her in dress pants, a cute top, and a vest. DCM walked in as she was griping about looking like a "dork" and tried to cheer DD up by saying "You look like a princess." DD turned, scowled, and said "I'm. No. Princess!" Amazing the venom that can come out of an indignant 11 year old.
daycarediva 09:05 AM 10-03-2017
It's picture day at school so all the school age and pre-k kids are dressed up and spit & polished. My own DD hates dressing up. She's hacked that Mommy (I'm totally throwing DW under the bus on this one) put her in dress pants, a cute top, and a vest. DCM walked in as she was griping about looking like a "dork" and tried to cheer DD up by saying "You look like a princess." DD turned, scowled, and said "I'm. No. Princess!" Amazing the venom that can come out of an indignant 11 year old.
Why couldn't she pick her own clothes?

My kids always have, within reason, of course. One year ds wore his football jersey. Don't care, their school pictures very much showcase who they are/were.
DaveA 10:19 AM 10-03-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Why couldn't she pick her own clothes?

My kids always have, within reason, of course. One year ds wore his football jersey. Don't care, their school pictures very much showcase who they are/were.
I'm on your side. Talk to DW- she's the one who made that decision. There are some discussions I know better than to touch.
Blackcat31 09:20 AM 10-04-2017
My group of DC boys are playing with the wooden train tracks and highways....setting up a nice little city.

One of my 3 yr old DC boys is driving around the city roads and stopping in front of his friends as he says "Who wants to come with me to the liquor store?"
Josiegirl 09:22 AM 10-04-2017
My group of DC boys are playing with the wooden train tracks and highways....setting up a nice little city.

One of my 3 yr old DC boys is driving around the city roads and stopping in front of his friends as he says "Who wants to come with me to the liquor store?"
I do! I do!
(That's why I'm never invited to play at the train table here)
Blackcat31 09:25 AM 10-04-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I do! I do!
(That's why I'm never invited to play at the train table here)

I sent a text to his mom and of course, she will more than likely say something along the lines of "Oh, I don't know where he heard that from." ~

It's okay mom..... most adults DO go to the liquor store ow and then....Even (especially) those that work for child protective services as she does.
Blackcat31 06:34 AM 10-11-2017
Not daycare related but still made me laugh... I ordered a couple T's for my two kids and myself for November/Diabetes Awareness month from Amazon. I am a Prime member.

Ordered items in Friday afternoon, received them yesterday morning (Tuesday). Opened the package and noticed the 3 identical T-shirts I ordered (2 womens/1 men's) were incorrect. I got the correct men's T. I did receive 2 women's T's but only one of them were the correct T, the other said something about standing up to bullying.

I contacted Amazon and was told they can't help me (yet) because my order hasn't shipped yet.

The help-guy said to call back after they send out the order.

I told them I am physically holding it in my hand. The UPS guy just brought it to me... They said, nope.... your order hasn't shipped yet. ..... Um, okay...

This morning I get an e-mail telling me my order shipped out in full......
storybookending 08:16 AM 10-11-2017
Not daycare related but still made me laugh... I ordered a couple T's for my two kids and myself for November/Diabetes Awareness month from Amazon. I am a Prime member.

Ordered items in Friday afternoon, received them yesterday morning (Tuesday). Opened the package and noticed the 3 identical T-shirts I ordered (2 womens/1 men's) were incorrect. I got the correct men's T. I did receive 2 women's T's but only one of them were the correct T, the other said something about standing up to bullying.

I contacted Amazon and was told they can't help me (yet) because my order hasn't shipped yet.

The help-guy said to call back after they send out the order.

I told them I am physically holding it in my hand. The UPS guy just brought it to me... They said, nope.... your order hasn't shipped yet. ..... Um, okay...

This morning I get an e-mail telling me my order shipped out in full......
Free tshirts for you! I LOVE amazon. Ordered my nieces birthday present yesterday, a cozy coupe car, supposed to be here by tomorrow. I love that it told me that it was going to ship in the cozy coupe box and gave me the free option for it to ship in an amazon box. My niece attends my daycare and the last thing I need is for her to see it or worse yet for the kids to see it and start asking questions on who it’s for. They understand that she is more than a dck and that she sees me outside of daycare on nights and weekends but I don’t think they’ll understand why they get a puzzle and she gets a cozy coupe.
Josiegirl 03:46 PM 10-17-2017
I had to laugh or else I would've cried. My FP sponsor came right as I was trying to get lunch put on plates. I let her in and continue on my business. So I put my 13 mo into her high chair and she starts screaming. I give her the plate of food thinking it'll calm her down but she just gets worse. She's scared to death of this person in our kitchen. So I get the others washed up and served lunch and go to take the tray off the high chair to get 13 mo out, and it falls onto the floor, food everywhere. I leave it lol and get her a few pieces of food and sit her in my lap, letting her eat there. She calms down and is fine. 10 minutes into lunch, food is all over the floor(I remind FP lady my dogs will be happy and she laughs), food is all over my pants(including squished peaches and green beans) and all over dcg. And then 4 mo dcb, who has been so sweet and patient through all of this, sitting with us in his bouncer seat, thinks it's his turn to wail. Ten more minutes of helping dcg eat in my lap, bouncing dcb with my foot, and trying to answer questions from FP lady, plus trying to serve 3 yo dcgs who now want seconds.
Ahhhh fun times.....
Sweet pea 01:58 AM 10-18-2017
Dcb 4 tells me he tired because mum and dad woke him up. Oh I said were they being to loud getting ready for work?
No, they woke me in the night, I shouted hey you hurting my ears you too noisy ( then he starts making the noises that woke him up ) so I go and tell them and they are playing ninja in the blankets! I'm not even allowed to play ninja!

I don't think I needed to know that 😂😂😂😂
I wondered if I should tell his mum but I don't think I could find the words !
Josiegirl 02:26 AM 10-18-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet pea:
Dcb 4 tells me he tired because mum and dad woke him up. Oh I said were they being to loud getting ready for work?
No, they woke me in the night, I shouted hey you hurting my ears you too noisy ( then he starts making the noises that woke him up ) so I go and tell them and they are playing ninja in the blankets! I'm not even allowed to play ninja!

I don't think I needed to know that 😂😂😂😂
I wondered if I should tell his mum but I don't think I could find the words !
Ninja in the blankets LOL I doubt I'd mention the newfound info to dcps, I'm sure dcb already embarrassed them enough. Too Funny And poor child, he is way too young to play ninja.
DaveA 12:35 PM 10-19-2017
DCB 10 is describing the wedding he went to last weekend. His description of the bouquet/ garter toss- “The girl threw her flowers and all the women tried to catch them. The guy took a rubber band off her leg. And when he tried to flick the guys with it they ran away.”
Miss A 02:05 PM 10-19-2017
My DS-1 demanding I sit on the couch with him and read the cement truck book by having a full on throw himself on the floor backwards and push himself arou d with his feet tantrum. I give in, we get settled in, I open the book to the first page and start "Mikey the Mixer.." and he plugs both ears. Really, was that worth a tantrum!?!
fifi 05:03 PM 10-21-2017
Yesterday, while we were getting ready to go outside after afternoon snack, 3 y/o dcbN says, "What if my dad gets here?" I said to him, "Well, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it."

3 y/o dcbP says, "Ms. F, when can we go to that bridge? I want to go to that bridge now."
BumbleBee 06:13 PM 10-22-2017
Dcb4 asks a lot of science related questions that we don't always (rarely) know the answers to. So we utilize google, a lot. Our go to phrase when he has us stumped is "let's google it and see what we can find."

Friday on our walk he pipes up "do you have your google with you?" No dcb, I don't. "Oh, ok. Then I'll just wait until we get home to ask you a google question."

I miss 6 months ago when it was easy stuff like how does magma form, what is Jupiter made of, how do diamonds form, why doesn't Saturn fall out of it's rings, when everybody dies, what will be left on the earth? Now it's stuff like, what lives at the bottom of the Mariana Trench, why are Uranus' rings vertical while Saturn's are horizontal?

I feel like I should've majored in science!
daycarediva 11:00 AM 10-23-2017
Originally Posted by BumbleBee:
Dcb4 asks a lot of science related questions that we don't always (rarely) know the answers to. So we utilize google, a lot. Our go to phrase when he has us stumped is "let's google it and see what we can find."

Friday on our walk he pipes up "do you have your google with you?" No dcb, I don't. "Oh, ok. Then I'll just wait until we get home to ask you a google question."

I miss 6 months ago when it was easy stuff like how does magma form, what is Jupiter made of, how do diamonds form, why doesn't Saturn fall out of it's rings, when everybody dies, what will be left on the earth? Now it's stuff like, what lives at the bottom of the Mariana Trench, why are Uranus' rings vertical while Saturn's are horizontal?

I had a dcm tell a 4yo that the leaves are falling because "The trees are tired of holding the leaves up."

I mean, if you don't KNOW- just google it and explain it, because the TRUE explanation is not going over well because "My mama said.."
Josiegirl 02:20 AM 10-24-2017
Originally Posted by BumbleBee:

Holy Moley!! Maybe if you wait til the kid is 5, you can ask him the questions instead! His teachers are going to be searching out some unique extra activities for that one.
I remember taking my ds out trick or treating back when he was around that age. One house he started telling the person handing out the candy, all about robotics. Thirty years ago...I left thinking 'whose kid is this?'
fifi 06:58 PM 10-24-2017
This afternoon, while playing outside, dcb4 shows me a container he has filled with wood chips, and then dumps them out. He fills it again, telling me the wood chips are money. Then he tells me that you go to the doctor to get money, so I said to him, "Oh, well I'll have to go to the doctor more often then!"

Then he says, "I'm going to go to the doctor and make lots and lots of money. I'm going to be the mummy who works at the doctor and make money for lots and lots of years."

Somehow this doesn't seem as funny now that I am typing it, but at the time I could hardly stop laughing.
happymom 02:52 PM 10-25-2017
My mom is visiting (yay!) and she is staying with us and helping me with my kids while my husband is on a business trip.

This morning my 2 year old woke up at 4:30am. I went in to his room to help him back to sleep and my mom woke up and started walking in. He says "GRAMMY!!!" and she was elated that he wanted to see her and also didn't realize how early it was and honestly thought it was morning.

My 2 year old proceeds to point to the kitchen and say "coffee!"....so my mom makes coffee and doesn't realize it was 4:30 until she was half way through a cup. Poor mom....I went back to bed and the two of them stayed up, lol.
Cat Herder 11:49 AM 10-30-2017
20 months playing with sorter muttering "puppies threes, puppies threes, puppies threes" goes on for a while. I am intrigued but wait for it.

2 minutes go by.

Stands and shouts "next time wontcha sing with me!!!"

There it is.
Mom2Two 02:02 PM 10-30-2017
When dcb1 loves to wisk his placemat onto the floor...sometimes the only solution is from the hardware store!
Attached: Clamps Luke.JPG (1.24 MB) 
Jupadia 12:52 PM 11-03-2017
My kid last night ( age 4.5) I asked him to make sure his listening ears were turned on. His reply "Ok I will, they just have to load first"
DaveA 01:45 PM 11-09-2017
DCG2 was flat on her back crying because she “had fun and didn’t want to!”
fifi 08:05 PM 11-14-2017
This afternoon 3 boys were at a small table playing with shaving foam and cars. One 3y/o looked up innocently at me and said, "When you have a boner in your pants that's a private part, right, Ms. F?" I had to turn my head and quickly walk away so he wouldn't see me trying not to laugh.
Annalee 09:27 AM 11-16-2017
DCM at drop off today "dcg2 actually slept good last night"....me: "oh, in her own bed?"....DCM "no, we can't get her to sleep in her own bed"...Me: "I knew she co-slept, was just asking to see if you answered correctly"...DCM very hateful "now how would you know how she slept"....Me: "because dcg2 is extremely tired every morning so I know even though she may have slept, she did not REST". OOOOOHHHHHHHH she did not leave happy. This is a mom I really enjoy conversing with. She is a "know it all" and "i got it all figured out"....she hates contract/policy but she does abide, just gives me "those looks" all the time.
Lil_Diddle 11:29 AM 11-17-2017
Working on the letter of the week, for Ee today we did elephants. While I got the rest mats out and changed pants the kids watched Wild Keats, an episode on elephants. After my work was done I asked the kids did you learn anything about elephants? DCB says, "did you know you can pee in the shower?" "Did they say that in the show?" His response, "no, but there's a drain, so...."
DaveA 05:52 AM 11-27-2017
Put Christmas lights up over the weekend. DCK's that came before sunrise were not happy that they were not on. Sorry kiddos but it's about 40 strands of C9 LED lights synched to a controller to flash in time to Christmas Carrols. Not doing that to my neighbors at 615 am.
Mike 06:26 AM 11-27-2017
Put Christmas lights up over the weekend. DCK's that came before sunrise were not happy that they were not on. Sorry kiddos but it's about 40 strands of C9 LED lights synched to a controller to flash in time to Christmas Carrols. Not doing that to my neighbors at 615 am.
You scrooge
Maybe the neighbours would like to wake up to a beautiful light show.
Jupadia 04:18 PM 11-28-2017
I have a new thumb sucker in my house. She is only 10 weeks old but when she's asleep in rose the paw. That's right my new kitten sucks her paw and purres load when she falls asleep. I had no clue that cats did this.
Blackcat31 07:17 AM 12-19-2017
This is probably the funniest Little Tikes "vehicle" I've ever seen!

I don't know....but I think it's hilarious!
Attached: IMG_0465.jpg (284.7 KB) 
storybookending 07:37 AM 12-19-2017
This is probably the funniest Little Tikes "vehicle" I've ever seen!

I don't know....but I think it's hilarious!
Ticked! I just bought my niece the traditional cozy coupe, but in pink, for her birthday in November. This is so much cooler and her parents would hate it
DaveA 04:06 AM 12-21-2017
My storage room where I keep all the toys & stuff I rotate in and out of the classroom is in the basement. DCB4 notices every change I make and always asks where "X" is to which I reply "downstairs". Since we don't use the basement for daycare they've never seen it except for severe weather spot near the stairs. DCM told me that DCB has been trying to explain to her about the "downstairs". Apparently to him it's a mystical land of neverending toys, games, and supplies that I'm hiding from the children.
Cat Herder 05:12 AM 12-21-2017
My storage room where I keep all the toys & stuff I rotate in and out of the classroom is in the basement. DCB4 notices every change I make and always asks where "X" is to which I reply "downstairs". Since we don't use the basement for daycare they've never seen it except for severe weather spot near the stairs. DCM told me that DCB has been trying to explain to her about the "downstairs". Apparently to him it's a mystical land of neverending toys, games, and supplies that I'm hiding from the children.
I see the start to a wonderful childrens book.
DaveA 07:36 AM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I see the start to a wonderful childrens book.
. I’ll have to think on that one a bit.
Pestle 10:01 AM 01-12-2018
Blech--it won't let me post the image.

Pestle 10:03 AM 01-12-2018
Tryin' again. . . from Fake Science on Facebook.
Attached: Screenshot 2018-01-12 at 13.00.34.png (335.4 KB) 
Blackcat31 10:16 AM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by Pestle:

Josiegirl 02:05 AM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by Pestle:
I love that! Whenever I need to laugh I'll have to come back to read it.
Cat Herder 09:59 AM 01-16-2018
DCG4 to UPS guy through playground fence: "Wanna know a secret? Mrs. Cat Herder gave me cat food an' it tastes like oatmeal cookies. That's silly."

UPS guy: "Um, okay. Have a great afternoon!"

My inspection will most likely begin in 5....4....3...

FTR, we had cracklin' oat bran, sliced strawberries and vanilla yogurt for morning snack. Not cat food.
mamamanda 04:43 AM 01-23-2018
DCG4 to UPS guy through playground fence: "Wanna know a secret? Mrs. Cat Herder gave me cat food an' it tastes like oatmeal cookies. That's silly."

UPS guy: "Um, okay. Have a great afternoon!"

My inspection will most likely begin in 5....4....3...

FTR, we had cracklin' oat bran, sliced strawberries and vanilla yogurt for morning snack. Not cat food.

TheMisplacedMidwestMom 12:21 PM 01-24-2018
Playing The Floor is Lava, my dd4 thinks we're playing the floor is LLAMA. "Oh no, I stepped on the llama!"
mamamanda 04:30 AM 01-26-2018
This morning dcb 2 told me that Santa put a cookie in his eye. I acted like I was so shocked & amazed & said, "A cookie in your eye?" So he uses his little finger to lift his eyelid & in a slow, serious voice says, "Look at this."
mamamanda 04:30 AM 01-26-2018
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
Playing The Floor is Lava, my dd4 thinks we're playing the floor is LLAMA. "Oh no, I stepped on the llama!"

DaveA 05:33 AM 02-02-2018
2 DCGs- 6 months apart, nonrelated, families aren't friends.

Both just showed up wearing the exact same outfit down to the shoes.
Jupadia 06:22 AM 02-02-2018
My son did this a couple years ago with one of the dkb Same shorts with weirdbzurf boarding dogs (of all things) and same blue polo shirt. It was so weird.
Mom2Two 04:55 PM 02-02-2018
Yesterday the dc kids were playing a game of zombies, and I had to laugh as I listened to them, because all the zombies were apparently from Canada. Apparently they believe that Canada is where all the zombies live and that Canada is full of zombies.

But on the bright side, it put me in the mood to watch World War Z with DH again last night. The movie is full of zombies and the family do end up in Canada--where they are safe from zombies.
LysesKids 12:56 PM 02-06-2018
That when mom walked in 15 minutes earlier, she ran to the shoe box, opened it to get her shoes & dived in, right in front of mom mind you... she is only 17 months. Head first & couldn't get back up right without help; mom & I were laughing hysterically because this is a first. As Mom said, it's a new story to tell Dad when they get home. Mom said I can imagine what you go thru with all 4 being so young; YEP, never ending antics (my other 3 are younger lol)
Second Home 07:42 AM 02-08-2018
Some may remember my difficult dcm ( money order weirdness) that terminated care last June because they were moving yet still live down the street . Well she called yesterday to see if I would like to take her infant .

Um ....... no.

Blackcat31 08:23 AM 02-09-2018
Originally Posted by Second Home:
Some may remember my difficult dcm ( money order weirdness) that terminated care last June because they were moving yet still live down the street . Well she called yesterday to see if I would like to take her infant .

Um ....... no.
What ever happened with the money order stuff?

Did you ever get to the bottom of her evolving stories about the weird amounts?
Second Home 05:40 AM 02-12-2018
What ever happened with the money order stuff?

Did you ever get to the bottom of her evolving stories about the weird amounts?
Not really she got fired from the bank .
Blackcat31 06:17 AM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by Second Home:
Not really she got fired from the bank .
Yikes! I am assuming her method of payment to you changed when her job changed?

I can't imagine what she had going on was on the up and up... it was just too weird.
Second Home 06:03 AM 02-13-2018
Yikes! I am assuming her method of payment to you changed when her job changed?

I can't imagine what she had going on was on the up and up... it was just too weird.
Before they left I changed my contract to cash and personal check only , she wrote in money orders on the contract . I told her no more money orders cash or check only and she lost it . She started yelling at me while outside waiting for the bus .
Josiegirl 09:41 AM 02-26-2018
4 yo dcg had a new tear in her winter jacket so I asked her how she got it.
DCG "I went to the zoo and there was this jaguar who took a bite out of it".
Me Well, you're lucky he didn't bite your nose(looking very dramatic and aghast)
dcg Well, he was a friendly jaguar so he only bit my coat.
Me What color was he?
Dcg Pink with black dots.
She was as serious in her replies as she could be.
Cat Herder 07:25 AM 03-07-2018
I asked them to clean up three times. Their motivation is severely lacking and I am not up to a battle of wills, today.

I placed a pan of HM cinnamon/sugar croissants to cool on top of the tallest bookshelf and helped myself to one piping hot at my desk. They are now wildly motivated.

My work here is done.
Play Care 01:10 PM 03-07-2018
I asked them to clean up three times. Their motivation is severely lacking and I am not up to a battle of wills, today.

I placed a pan of HM cinnamon/sugar croissants to cool on top of the tallest bookshelf and helped myself to one piping hot at my desk. They are now wildly motivated.

My work here is done.
You are the woman!!
Pestle 01:31 PM 03-10-2018
My friend shared this video to Facebook. It's pretty much accurate.

https://youtu.be/lGvV-ha6x7Y
Pestle 01:32 PM 03-10-2018
Me to Jane, who's on the potty: "You did it!"
Jane: "No; me Jane."
storybookending 12:40 PM 03-13-2018
*moves child off my lap*
DCG3: “why can’t I sit on you?”
Me: “it’s super hot in here for some reason, I’m dying”
Different DCG3: *fanning self* “yeah I’m dying too”
Original DCG3: “me too! Baby (child with same name, always calls her baby for little B) you died too?”

Oh how they pick up every little thing hahah
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 10:36 AM 03-15-2018
1. How my DS thinks ignoring someone works:

Me: Just ignore him.
DS: IGNORE! IGNORE! IGNORE! IGNORE! IGNORE!

2. Dcb2.5 is a massive Mine-o-saur, and just got upset because another kid "took it from me". As I'm watching trying to figure out what "it" is, dcb walks over takes something invisible from other kid and walks away triumphantly.
mamamanda 10:49 AM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:

2. Dcb2.5 is a massive Mine-o-saur, and just got upset because another kid "took it from me". As I'm watching trying to figure out what "it" is, dcb walks over takes something invisible from other kid and walks away triumphantly.

Claraskids 11:05 AM 03-18-2018
Trying so hard not to laugh over the phone at my sister-in-law. She called me this morning asking for any of my daycare supplies that I don't use. She is thinking about doing it herself. So here is why I think this is a hoot:
1. She loses at least one job a year for taking too many sick days.
2. My brother is the full-time parent and works full time from his home office. She has never participated in parenting tasks that aren't "cute".
3. She takes at least one nap every day.
4. She was arrested last month for breaking and entering to get narcotics.

Yep, we have a winner!!!!
Blackcat31 06:39 AM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Claraskids:
Trying so hard not to laugh over the phone at my sister-in-law. She called me this morning asking for any of my daycare supplies that I don't use. She is thinking about doing it herself. So here is why I think this is a hoot:
1. She loses at least one job a year for taking too many sick days.
2. My brother is the full-time parent and works full time from his home office. She has never participated in parenting tasks that aren't "cute".
3. She takes at least one nap every day.
4. She was arrested last month for breaking and entering to get narcotics.

Yep, we have a winner!!!!
She won't get past the licensing process.
Josiegirl 10:18 AM 03-19-2018
I'm trying to transition my 18 mo to a cot; today being the first day. She's extremely strong-willed but a real sweetheart. She's the dcg I'd adopt in a heartbeat if it was an option. Anyways, I set her cot out, nice cozy blanket, her stuffed Peter Rabbit she's gotten attached to here. Then I lay down beside her. Just figure it'd be a whole lot easier than getting up and down out of a chair 50+ times. I'm not sure if this child will grow up to be a dentist, ophthalmologist, hair stylist, or just a really great nose-picker because I swear she wouldn't stop touching me for 45 minutes. Took everything not to bust out laughing at her. Lol But 45 minutes later, she's a little sleeping angel.
DaveA 05:25 AM 03-20-2018
New line in my job description- relationship counselor for DCB11 & DCG10 (who have both came here for 4-5 years). DCG is mad at DCB because he didn't tell her he had an afternoon Dr appointment so wouldn't be on the bus to sit by her.
Stressed&Obsessed 11:25 AM 03-22-2018
One of my DCB's came in today and I was holding him and talking to him but also looking at another child. He grabs my face and says look into my eyes, I am talking to you! He is 2 years old going on 30!
Ac114 10:29 AM 03-28-2018
Someone contacted me today asking for a spot for summer care. Gave them my price and they replied “that’s really out of our budget, we have budgeted 183 a month for child care. We could probably up it to 250 a month but that would be pushing it. Let me know if anything changes and you can help out”

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 ok! That won’t grt you full time care ANYWHERE. That barely pays for two weeks of in home and one week of center care in my area. GOOD LUCK!
BumbleBee 03:27 PM 04-03-2018
Oppositional defiant dcb, age 4, was the first one 'finished' with breakfast. In reality he just wanted to snatch and/or hide the favored toys so nobody else could use them. I made everybody stay at the table until everybody was done.

Dcb's response? "FINE! I'll just sit here and eat my cereal! But NOT because I'm hungry!"

ok then you do that dcb.
Jupadia 06:22 AM 04-04-2018
My son last night refused to eat dinner till his brother was done just so he could sit in daddy's chair cause you can see the TV screen. Sat at atbke while his brother ate them moved chairs and ate his whole dinner. Funny part TV was not on.
Cat Herder 08:22 AM 04-05-2018
That *one friend made me spew coffee this morning. It is like he knows childcare.
Attached: world hunger (464 x 296).jpg (20.3 KB) 
Josiegirl 02:44 PM 04-05-2018
That *one friend made me spew coffee this morning. It is like he knows childcare.
OMG Took me a second but funny as he!!.
Blackcat31 05:05 PM 04-05-2018
It’s snowing here...

My 4 yr old DCG says “I wish snowflakes were glitter. So when it’s a snowstorm it will be pretty and sparkly!”

I think it’s a brilliant idea!
DaveA 04:28 AM 04-06-2018
It’s snowing here...

My 4 yr old DCG says “I wish snowflakes were glitter. So when it’s a snowstorm it will be pretty and sparkly!”

I think it’s a brilliant idea!
And you thought shoveling snow was annoying before
DaveA 04:33 AM 04-06-2018
Remember the old "Mom Curse" I hope you have a child who acts just like you? Since my Mom was my first center director I guess that carries to my professional life. DCB4 doesn't try to be rude or mean- just says the first thing that pops in his head. He was upset that another child took the toy he was playing with. I tell him "Don't just be sad. Tell x why you are sad." His response was to look at the kid and says "You're a butthead and that makes me sad!" Hard to be all "teacher-y" when you can't breathe because you're trying not to bust out laughing.
Annalee 09:13 AM 04-06-2018
Remember the old "Mom Curse" I hope you have a child who acts just like you? Since my Mom was my first center director I guess that carries to my professional life. DCB4 doesn't try to be rude or mean- just says the first thing that pops in his head. He was upset that another child took the toy he was playing with. I tell him "Don't just be sad. Tell x why you are sad." His response was to look at the kid and says "You're a butthead and that makes me sad!" Hard to be all "teacher-y" when you can't breathe because you're trying not to bust out laughing.
I had a dcg4 in the past to call another child a "butthead"....I told her that wasn't a very nice thing to say and she replied "but she IS a butthead". and I couldn't hold my laughter either!
daycarediva 09:54 AM 04-06-2018
Dcb has been out all week with his teacher Mom, she is doing a day of planning before returning to work.

He comes in and the FIRST thing out of his mouth is

"It's still fu**ing Easter in here. Oh **** I sorry! Oh I said **** I SORRY!"

omg. DIED LAUGHING. Dcm was mortified.

He NEVER has bad language here, but I dooooo think it's allowed at home.
alyssahenderson 09:45 PM 04-24-2018
My 8 years old daughter is very silly, I'm laughing too hard when she told me she's worried she might not have a boyfriend when she gets older.
ErnestFlores 03:16 PM 05-02-2018
I had a kindergartner say that I looked really young
Josiegirl 02:39 PM 05-03-2018
Twin dcgs, almost 4 yo, sitting at the lunch table as they were finishing up
#1 says My lips are sore.
#2 says My eyelashes are tired.
Kids are silly.
Tags:cute, funny, happy, inspirational topic, positive, sweet
First ... 8 9 10 11 12  ... Last
Reply Up