Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 7 8 9 10 11  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The FUNNY Thread - What Made You Laugh Today?
happymom 09:33 AM 09-16-2016
I dropped off my 4yo at daycare and he always takes a few minutes to acclimate. As I was leaving, I could see he looked sad, so I made eye contact and blew him a kiss and gave him a smile.

He shakes his head and put his head in his hand. He teacher flags me down as I'm walking out the door and tells me that he just said "what am I gonna do with her?"

daycarediva 10:59 AM 09-16-2016
Originally Posted by happymom:
I dropped off my 4yo at daycare and he always takes a few minutes to acclimate. As I was leaving, I could see he looked sad, so I made eye contact and blew him a kiss and gave him a smile.

He shakes his head and put his head in his hand. He teacher flags me down as I'm walking out the door and tells me that he just said "what am I gonna do with her?"

hilarious!

I put a 2yo in to yesterday for hitting.

He didn't flinch, just walked over and plopped himself down on the chair, then said "Why I do that?" with this incredulous look on his face.
Mike 03:23 PM 09-16-2016
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
A few weeks ago the dcp of one my kids going off to kindy dropped off a bag of clothes "for you to keep, in case anyone doesn't have a change of clothes." Great, I can always use donations. I opened the bag today to add it to my stash - it was all clothes that I had sent her kid home in over the years that never came back
That was nice of her to give them back.
Josiegirl 02:42 PM 09-19-2016
My 3 yo dcg picked out a book for me to read while they ate breakfast "The Berenstein Bears and the Bully". I read the title, had them find all the B's in the title, read the author's name, then asked if anyone knew what a bully was. 3 yo speaks up and says 'yeh, it's got 2 horns.'
Mike 05:08 PM 09-19-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
My 3 yo dcg picked out a book for me to read while they ate breakfast "The Berenstein Bears and the Bully". I read the title, had them find all the B's in the title, read the author's name, then asked if anyone knew what a bully was. 3 yo speaks up and says 'yeh, it's got 2 horns.'

for the 3 yo
Pepperth 09:02 AM 09-20-2016
My 2 year old has been learning about pumpkins. Only when he says the word, he says a letter "f" instead of a "p". He also, leaves the letters "m" and "s" out completely. We're working on enunciation.
daycarediva 09:52 AM 09-20-2016
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
My 2 year old has been learning about pumpkins. Only when he says the word, he says a letter "f" instead of a "p". He also, leaves the letters "m" and "s" out completely. We're working on enunciation.

galaxy 09:14 AM 09-22-2016
3 yo holds up yellow crayon and declare "this is joy!"
DaveA 04:05 AM 09-30-2016
Yesterday afternoon school agers are at the table working on homework. DCG looks up and asks me "How many states were there when you were in school?" Told her 50 and asked her how old did she think I was (42 BTW). Her response- "I don't know. Maybe 70?" The other chimes in "Oh come on! He's old but not THAT old!" Thanks you two. I'll go get my walker and my ensure now.
Febby 06:12 PM 09-30-2016
Originally Posted by DaveA:
Yesterday afternoon school agers are at the table working on homework. DCG looks up and asks me "How many states were there when you were in school?" Told her 50 and asked her how old did she think I was (42 BTW). Her response- "I don't know. Maybe 70?" The other chimes in "Oh come on! He's old but not THAT old!" Thanks you two. I'll go get my walker and my ensure now.
I had a preschooler a few days ago tell me "You're really old! Maybe 10!"
Blackcat31 06:27 PM 09-30-2016
Originally Posted by galaxy:
3 yo holds up yellow crayon and declare "this is joy!"
So sweet!
Josiegirl 03:02 AM 10-01-2016
Haha! I love doing those questionnaire thingies for Father's or Mother's Days and asking the dcks questions like how tall or how old is your dad. The answers always make me chuckle.
I still remember the day I was talking about my own son to some of the school aged kids and a dcb remarked 'he's the same age as my MOM!' Yes, I could be your grandmother.
This oughta make you feel better....I've been asked if dinosaurs lived when I was a kid. On the other side of the coin, they were all aghast when I told them I remembered the first time I watched a colored TV. Kids are cute.
DaveA 06:26 AM 10-01-2016
Haha! I love doing those questionnaire thingies for Father's or Mother's Days and asking the dcks questions like how tall or how old is your dad. The answers always make me chuckle.
I still remember the day I was talking about my own son to some of the school aged kids and a dcb remarked 'he's the same age as my MOM!' Yes, I could be your grandmother.
This oughta make you feel better....I've been asked if dinosaurs lived when I was a kid. On the other side of the coin, they were all aghast when I told them I remembered the first time I watched a colored TV. Kids are cute.
I was the last of a big family and my folks were from a rural area, so their stories just confounded my nieces, nephews and the DCKs when she had the center. My mom (small town) remembers the first TV in the neighborhood. They would push it up to the front window of the house and neighbors would set out on the front lawn to watch it. My dad (farm) remembered getting electricity, a phone, running water, first car, first tractor, and the year they stopped letting kids ride horses to school. The kids' reactions to those stories were priceless.
Controlled Chaos 12:21 PM 10-07-2016
I am a big Cubs fan. I wear my Cubs hat nearly everyday they have a game. Parents are always chatting baseball with me at pickup.

Today a DCD drops off DCG in a Giants jersey. We have some playful banter (Cubs play Giants tonight) and he leaves.

I have DCG hold an empty cup and get a pic of her pretending to spill something on herself. I texted it to the Dad with the caption "Oh no she spilled!"
Then I put my son's Cubs hat on her and my daughter's team shirt on her and take a picture in the Cubs gear giving a double thumbs up, and texted "There, that's better!"

Leigh 04:25 PM 10-08-2016
I have been on the go since my last daycare kid left yesterday. I started shampooing carpets as soon as the door shut, and I went until 11:30 PM. I got up at 8, and got back to work. Did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, tidied the bathroom, then I went shopping (not the fun kind). I ran to several stores, spent a long time in each, and spent $1000 more than I intended to when I left the house (stuff for the house, groceries, and some impulse Christmas gifts that were 75% off!). I walk in the house, exhausted, with Subway (I am not cooking tonight!), and think about what a wasted day it was (and a hectic one, too). Throw my purse on the counter and I hear "that was easy!". It landed on my son's easy button. I started laughing out loud-It's all about how you take it, I guess. My day didn't seem so bad after hearing that. LOL. Maybe I should keep that button on the counter all the time.
Mike 06:00 PM 10-08-2016
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I have been on the go since my last daycare kid left yesterday. I started shampooing carpets as soon as the door shut, and I went until 11:30 PM. I got up at 8, and got back to work. Did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, tidied the bathroom, then I went shopping (not the fun kind). I ran to several stores, spent a long time in each, and spent $1000 more than I intended to when I left the house (stuff for the house, groceries, and some impulse Christmas gifts that were 75% off!). I walk in the house, exhausted, with Subway (I am not cooking tonight!), and think about what a wasted day it was (and a hectic one, too). Throw my purse on the counter and I hear "that was easy!". It landed on my son's easy button. I started laughing out loud-It's all about how you take it, I guess. My day didn't seem so bad after hearing that. LOL. Maybe I should keep that button on the counter all the time.
I should get myself one of those buttons.
Leigh 08:09 PM 10-08-2016
Originally Posted by Mike:
I should get myself one of those buttons.
Totally should! The kids LOVE that thing, too!
Mike 08:26 PM 10-08-2016
I never thought of that. If it takes a bit of pushing to get kids to do something, push that button after they are done. I'm getting one next time I'm at Staples.
Josiegirl 03:35 AM 10-09-2016
Hahaha! I gave my dd a button that said Ain't Gonna Happen. It was totally her.
DaveA 12:55 PM 10-11-2016
Had my sub in for a couple hours to take DD to doctor. Apparently it was an opportunity to try to see what we can get away with When I asked the oldest why they thought to didn't have to listen to Ms ......., she told me "We tried to be good. Kind of."
Leigh 03:59 PM 10-11-2016
Hahaha! I gave my dd a button that said Ain't Gonna Happen. It was totally her.
I need THAT one!
Baby Beluga 08:08 AM 10-13-2016
Mom of DCG always does very detailed hair designs with DCG's hair. Mom is out of town on business and Dad is in charge for the next few days. DCG showed up with a rats nest on her head and a half tangled pony in her hair. It gave me quite the chuckle
Pepperth 11:59 AM 10-13-2016
Dcb informed me that he will be a punk for Halloween, which is "half a pumpkin riding a bike."
DaveA 05:21 AM 10-20-2016
DS's school is doing a "drug free" spirit week next week complete with themed dress up days. As I was on the computer waiting for DCKs he comes up and says "I need to dress like the elderly Monday. Can I borrow some of your clothes?" As I turned around he goes "Wait- that came out wrong!" So far this month DCG and my own kid have basically said I'm really old. Guess I'm not looking too spry at the moment.
Rockgirl 10:37 AM 10-20-2016
As I was finishing making lunch, I announced it was cleanup time. I heard dcb3 say to another child, "I'm picking this up! Would you like it if someone cleaned up YOUR mess?.......Then don't do it to me!!"
Unregistered 09:51 PM 10-22-2016
I just started working at a new daycare/Montessori school over a few weeks okay. The other day I was playing a board game when one of the girls (both 5) pats me on the arms and says. "I like this new teacher." She then turns to me and adds, "but you *do* have a lot of spots."

For reference, she was talking about my freckles, which I'm covered in. I just thought it was great how she said it!
catinthebox 04:12 AM 10-26-2016
one of the first grader asked me why i was not marry lol then she told me it was sad that i didn't have kids
Josiegirl 04:33 AM 10-29-2016
Knowing my dcks were going to be eating all sorts of stuff for potluck dinner last night, I only offered them apples and milk for snack. Dcg's mom was bringing some awesome cool(yes they were worth saying awesome cool!!!)cupcakes, and dcg knew. So she picks up her apple, looks at it and puts it back down, says 'I'm waiting for the cupcakes'.
Pestle 12:58 PM 11-02-2016
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
As I was finishing making lunch, I announced it was cleanup time. I heard dcb3 say to another child, "I'm picking this up! Would you like it if someone cleaned up YOUR mess?.......Then don't do it to me!!"
I want your kids.

My 19mo dkb will sometimes, when I have to mop poop off of his testicles (or, as I've come to think of them, "poop catchers"), let out a mock-offended, pearl-clutching SHRIEK. It always startles, since I'm used to stoic, unembarrassed silence from kids during diaper changes.
lovemydaycare0912 09:53 AM 11-07-2016
Told all my dcf on Friday I would see them Tuesday as I am off today. I gave them 4 weeks notice in writing and went over the entire announcements letter that day with them. Only 1 parent remembered. Not my fault.

Today I noticed dcb's grandma called about 3 times but not until afterwards because my phone was on silent for this same reason. I guess dcm never told her mom that we were closed. Welp! Hope you're all having a great day.
Blackcat31 10:01 AM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912:
Told all my dcf on Friday I would see them Tuesday as I am off today. I gave them 4 weeks notice in writing and went over the entire announcements letter that day with them. Only 1 parent remembered. Not my fault.

Today I noticed dcb's grandma called about 3 times but not until afterwards because my phone was on silent for this same reason. I guess dcm never told her mom that we were closed. Welp! Hope you're all having a great day.

This topic always makes me laugh.... I know it's not nice but come on parents...it's really not that hard.

For me, because I don't live here, its really funny.
lovemydaycare0912 12:11 PM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

This topic always makes me laugh.... I know it's not nice but come on parents...it's really not that hard.

For me, because I don't live here, its really funny.
I just don't get it. I gave 4 weeks notice instead of 2 to give them enough time to find proper care so they wouldn't be in a bind. No one remembered just 1. I said well I did give you 4 weeks notice so yeah. No one was upset at me, I'd laugh if they were.

Guess I'm going to have to tell them now that they need to make sure payment is in Wednesday before Thanksgiving as I am closed Black Friday this year. I usually don't remind but I want my money.
DaveA 12:50 PM 11-10-2016
DCG snores during naptime. DCB is awake and staring at her like He just told me "She sounds like a bear!"
Rockgirl 12:59 PM 11-10-2016
At lunch dcg5 i asked if we remembered when her mom brought their dog with her to pick up one day. I said, "I don't think these kids were here then, except for dcg4, and she was probably too little then to remember it now. But I do remember, and I thought she was a really cute dog." Dcg4 said, "I was a cute dog?"
DaveA 02:41 PM 11-15-2016
DCB9 is trying to explain Minecraft to MIL. I really should be recording this.
lovemydaycare0912 09:13 AM 11-18-2016
Dcm that pulled with no notice came to drop off payment and termination letter. My smart 2yr dcb goes HI Ms.DCM, where's dcb? Lol her face was priceless.
BumbleBee 12:07 PM 11-18-2016
Me: "Dcb, please come sit here and play by yourself for 5 minutes while you calm your body down."

Dcb, age 4, comes and sits. Looks at me and says:
"How am I supposed to learn to share if I have to play by myself?"

Guess he was awake during that nap time convo my assistant and I had about his trouble with sharing!
happymom 12:19 PM 11-18-2016
Today I picked up my 4.5 year old at daycare and he comes running to me 'MOM! London is my GIRLFRIEND now!" and he goes back to her and they are holding hands and he's resting his head on her shoulder -- she's about a head taller than him.

In the car I ask him how old she is "she's four and a quarter!" HAHA! I asked him how she became his girlfriend and he says "I don't know, but I just want to sit on her lap FOREVER."

BumbleBee 01:22 PM 11-18-2016
Dcb3: Miss BB, you have a cock?
Me: A what?
Dcb3: A cock!
Me: *blink*
Dcb3: Right there on the wall! A cock!

Clock dcb. Cllllllllock
Jupadia 01:52 PM 11-18-2016
Today while we having outside time. My DS who is 3 and battling us with potty training g (BM more then anything else is pee trained) he wears underwear. Well any ways I'm across the yard with another boy I look over he has pulled down his pants and is peeing on a tree. I asked him and he said daddy told him to yesterday (which can mean anytime before today) when they were in the woods. So im gussing while we were camping in the summer or when they went for a walk in the ravine paths. I had to laugh (to myself) and explained that we don't do that if we are at home or in the backyard to ask to go potty and mom would let him in.
DaveA 05:10 AM 11-28-2016
My "slightly OCD" DCG9 has informed me she "guesses it's acceptable" that I moved a couch when I put the Christmas tree up.
Annalee 08:57 AM 11-28-2016
Not sure if this goes here, but I had a grandma tell me this morning that if dcg4 acts weird today it's because she saw her dad (ex son-in-law) get in argument and throw a glass at his mother this past weekend. What do you respond to too much info!
Blackcat31 09:25 AM 11-28-2016
DCK has been under the weather for a few weeks now.

Communication to mom/dad has been constant.
Of course, no evidence of this "under the weather" type behavior has been witnessed at home.

Suggestions.....did NOT request....just suggested a day of rest or maybe even a Dr visit. Nope.

Here we are back after a 4 day holiday and DCM just informed me that the entire family (including 14 relatives that came to stay for Turkey Day) all got sick over the long break. Everyone but DCM. She is sooooo exhausted after having to look out for, clean up after and manage all those sick folks. The whole holiday was just horribly miserable according to her.

I can't help but wonder if that day of rest or Dr visit could have prevented this sick fest from occurring at their house over the holidays....or you know if they had gotten some sort of clue or advance notice that sickness was going around... Hmmm...

.....nah, I'm just the daycare lady....what do I know?!
Annalee 09:29 AM 11-28-2016
DCK has been under the weather for a few weeks now.

Communication to mom/dad has been constant.
Of course, no evidence of this "under the weather" type behavior has been witnessed at home.

Suggestions.....did NOT request....just suggested a day of rest or maybe even a Dr visit. Nope.

Here we are back after a 4 day holiday and DCM just informed me that the entire family (including 14 relatives that came to stay for Turkey Day) all got sick over the long break. Everyone but DCM. She is sooooo exhausted after having to look out for, clean up after and manage all those sick folks. The whole holiday was just horribly miserable according to her.

I can't help but wonder if that day of rest or Dr visit could have prevented this sick fest from occurring at their house over the holidays....or you know if they had gotten some sort of clue or advance notice that sickness was going around... Hmmm...

.....nah, I'm just the daycare lady....what do I know?!
I feel your frustration and am right there with ya!
Josiegirl 03:40 PM 11-28-2016
3 yo dcg was telling me a tall tale this afternoon; she had a big ship in her driveway. Other 3 yo dcg tells her "M*****, you can't say $hit, it's not nice"
A chuckle a day.....
DaveA 08:03 AM 12-06-2016
DCKs & I took my dog to the vet for a checkup this morning. We always stop at McDonalds afterwards for nuggets or sausage biscuit for him as a treat. Since traffic was crazy I stopped at Hardee's instead. Not only did he not eat the "wrong" sausage biscuit- he pushed it under the van seats. I know the old guy's spoiled but really?
Play Care 10:54 AM 12-08-2016
We went outside yesterday and it was much nicer than I had thought, so I turned to my toddler DCB and said "it's so nice out!"
To which he replied "Thank you!!"
Pepperth 01:43 PM 12-13-2016
Thought I smelled a stinky diaper, but nobody had one. I mentioned "somebody must of tooted." Three kids confessed.
daycarediva 10:18 AM 12-28-2016
My 3yo dcg is killing it today. I feel like slipping her a cookie or something on the way out the door.

The baby talking 4.5yo. I'm giving EXTRA attention when she's not doing it and ZERO attention when she is. Fingers crossed it ends soon. My 3yo dcg is just treating her like a baby, which is annoying the 4.5 yo dcg, but not enough to stop completely, I guess. It IS the ONLY reason she stops AT ALL. "Aww who'sa cute bebeeee? Wanna baba? Hold on baby. Awwwwww, so cuteeee. Did you pee pees? Want me to check your diapy?" 4.5yo "STOP I'M NOT A BABY!" 3yo "Well you're baby talkin." *shrugs*

dcb hasn't been OUTSIDE since he left my house Thursday evening. He normally isn't all that big of an outside fan unless the weather is PERFECT, not too hot, not too cold, no winds. He has SCREAMED like I am BEATING HIM to get ready, the ENTIRE time we are outside the last two days. Yesterday was warm and muddy, and everyone was having a blast jumping in puddles----dcb sat and cried. Today was cold and we were stomping and TRYING to listen to the crunching but dcb was crying---again. The same dcg as above (3) walked over to him and said "Why don't you quit your whining and go play? It's fun." She got right at his level, pointed a finger to his face and everything.

AND HE DID. Thanks, kid! I said "Hey thanks for talking to dcb and she said. "Ya, these kids are killing me today." I've never said that (out loud) but we had a good laugh.

5 minutes later she's stomping on the crunchy ice in the grass and says to me "Hey Miss, now I can HEAR it. That's better, right?"

Oh god.
Josiegirl 06:03 AM 12-29-2016
This happened on Christmas and I haven't laughed this much for a long time. I have 3 adult kids. One ds and 2 dds(who are always jokingly calling each of themselves the favorite dd).
One of my dds(youngest child) is quite the character, she's always coming out with something totally off the wall and hilarious. They were all working together stuffing ole Mom and Dad's stockings when dd sneakily hands me something and tells me to put it into her stocking. It's a blue ribbon that says Favorite Child. Right away she says 'and don't you dare put it in N's or C's stockings! (I swear she'd read my mind)
You should have seen the look on my other kids' faces when they realized they hadn't gotten 1 in theirs too. Lol Until she explained.
Then my youngest gives her sister her gift and in it is a package of 'middle child mints: put 'em in your pocket and forget about them'.

I sure do miss these kids when they're not here.
daycarediva 06:12 AM 12-29-2016
This happened on Christmas and I haven't laughed this much for a long time. I have 3 adult kids. One ds and 2 dds(who are always jokingly calling each of themselves the favorite dd).
One of my dds(youngest child) is quite the character, she's always coming out with something totally off the wall and hilarious. They were all working together stuffing ole Mom and Dad's stockings when dd sneakily hands me something and tells me to put it into her stocking. It's a blue ribbon that says Favorite Child. Right away she says 'and don't you dare put it in N's or C's stockings! (I swear she'd read my mind)
You should have seen the look on my other kids' faces when they realized they hadn't gotten 1 in theirs too. Lol Until she explained.
Then my youngest gives her sister her gift and in it is a package of 'middle child mints: put 'em in your pocket and forget about them'.

I sure do miss these kids when they're not here.

Josie my oldest got me a coffee mug that says "I love how we all know that I'm the favorite"
Josiegirl 07:03 PM 12-29-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

Josie my oldest got me a coffee mug that says "I love how we all know that I'm the favorite"
Oh that's cute. Keeping that in mind for next year.
Cat Herder 07:00 AM 01-03-2017
Send home vomiting child, get rewarded with vomiting dog. This is my life...
Blackcat31 07:02 AM 01-03-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Send home vomiting child, get rewarded with vomiting dog. This is my life...
Poor pup.

Poor Cat Herder.
DaveA 04:04 AM 01-04-2017
First day back to school for kids. Bus doesn't show up for another hour. DD is already up, dressed, and waiting by the window with a book and her coat and backpack. At least I convinced her to come to the table to eat something. DS is still asleep- his alarm goes off in 15 minutes. Somehow I think his response will be less eager.
Annalee 09:29 AM 01-04-2017
Might as well put this in the "laugh" thread for my first day back to daycare.....just had a Health Inspection with NEW inspector a month earlier than I expected....Went well, but she checked EVERYTHING!
Mom2Two 01:05 PM 01-04-2017
I wasn't sure whether to put this in the vent thread or here.

Text from dcm yesterday: "So I wanted to tell you that dcb had surgery on Sunday. He had appendicitis, but luckily they took it out before it ruptured. So dcb's feeling well. I plan on giving him pain meds in an hour. Are you ok if he comes over?"

The surgery wasn't funny of course, and I'm so glad he's okay. But I had to read this text a few times before I believed that I was even reading it right.

Mom is a post-op nurse--I guess this stuff is just her normal! But it's not mine...
Josiegirl 03:02 PM 01-04-2017
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
I wasn't sure whether to put this in the vent thread or here.

Text from dcm yesterday: "So I wanted to tell you that dcb had surgery on Sunday. He had appendicitis, but luckily they took it out before it ruptured. So dcb's feeling well. I plan on giving him pain meds in an hour. Are you ok if he comes over?"

The surgery wasn't funny of course, and I'm so glad he's okay. But I had to read this text a few times before I believed that I was even reading it right.

Mom is a post-op nurse--I guess this stuff is just her normal! But it's not mine...
Please tell me he didn't come? That poor kid! Just what every kid wants to do 3 days into appendicitis recovery....hang out with a bunch of kids who might bump into him, jump on him, or accidentally knock him to the ground.
Mom2Two 03:37 PM 01-04-2017
Please tell me he didn't come? That poor kid! Just what every kid wants to do 3 days into appendicitis recovery....hang out with a bunch of kids who might bump into him, jump on him, or accidentally knock him to the ground.
Seriously and it was TWO days, coz I got the text yesterday (Tuesday).

I just said that I didn't feel comfortable with that, so he didn't come here. DH pointed out that if he needed pain meds he didn't really feel well.

What the heck???? Such a crazy request.
Cat Herder 06:17 AM 01-05-2017
3.5 year DCB to 1.5 DCG: "Ugh. That screaming, it's so, ugh, just soooooo...... inappropriate!!!!" << Both hands gripped into his hair a la that famous painting ironically entitled "The Scream". .

DCG is laughing and screaming hysterically watching a misguided red bird peck and flog his reflection on the daycare window.
daycarediva 09:47 AM 01-05-2017
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
Seriously and it was TWO days, coz I got the text yesterday (Tuesday).

I just said that I didn't feel comfortable with that, so he didn't come here. DH pointed out that if he needed pain meds he didn't really feel well.

What the heck???? Such a crazy request.
Not even surprised anymore. Had a dck have major dental work done (with anesthesia) and the mom wanted to drop him back off immediately afterward, even though he wasn't able to eat for hours and was told to rest.
Annalee 09:39 AM 01-12-2017
My notice on dcg3 ends tomorrow.. DCM told me this morning it would be so sad to leave but she wants free daycare. She and three other moms will be each taking a turn each day so Neither mom will have to pay daycare but her husband will be taking her days...she doesn't do kids. I just give her a because I am not sad about dcm leaving.....was actually happy when she gave notice....she is a very college-over-educated lady that does not work and drives me crazy!
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 03:44 PM 01-12-2017
DCG (19 mos) is my first one awake from nap, everyday. And everyday she cries for 10-15 afterwards. Every. Day.
When she wakes up. When I go get her. On the way to the changing table. While she's being changed. While she's sitting on the couch. If she gets up to play. Non stop tears, whining, and wailing. I've tried many different things to curb the crying, but nothing has ever worked (I've had her almost a year, its always been the same).

Yesterday after nap I just looked at her and said, "Stop, just stop crying." ... and she did. She started up again as I was changing her and again I just firmly said "No, stop crying"... and she did. We did this about three times.

Fast forward to today, she wakes up crying, I go in to get her. Looked at her and said, "No, stop crying." ... and that was the end of it, not a peep since. She laughed while I changed her diaper.

After all the crying, coddling, soothing, redirecting, ignoring... in the end all she needed was a "no".
Josiegirl 03:53 PM 01-12-2017
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
DCG (19 mos) is my first one awake from nap, everyday. And everyday she cries for 10-15 afterwards. Every. Day.
When she wakes up. When I go get her. On the way to the changing table. While she's being changed. While she's sitting on the couch. If she gets up to play. Non stop tears, whining, and wailing. I've tried many different things to curb the crying, but nothing has ever worked (I've had her almost a year, its always been the same).

Yesterday after nap I just looked at her and said, "Stop, just stop crying." ... and she did. She started up again as I was changing her and again I just firmly said "No, stop crying"... and she did. We did this about three times.

Fast forward to today, she wakes up crying, I go in to get her. Looked at her and said, "No, stop crying." ... and that was the end of it, not a peep since. She laughed while I changed her diaper.

After all the crying, coddling, soothing, redirecting, ignoring... in the end all she needed was a "no".
We're allowed to tell a child no?

Isn't that amazing after all that time all it took was a simple thing. If only you'd known..... Lol
Unregistered 08:36 AM 01-15-2017
Had one boy (4) tell me that he and his brothers (7, 10) all got axe body spray in their stockings. 0__0
Baby Beluga 02:51 PM 01-20-2017
5 year old and 4.5 year old are playing in the kitchen and I hear:

"Don't EVER cook an egg with an animal in it. You'll KILL it!"

If only she knew what eggs really were..
DaveA 05:31 AM 01-26-2017
DCM has had dark brown hair the entire time I've known her. Last night she died her hair for a play she's in. Blonde to the point of almost white. That required more tact and subtlety than I posses at 645am.
DaveA 08:25 AM 02-01-2017
First drive with DCKs in the new (2011 - its new to me). DCB who HATES change is not happy. I must have heard "This is not your van" a dozen times in the way to and from the store.
Mike 03:31 PM 02-01-2017
First drive with DCKs in the new (2011 - its new to me). DCB who HATES change is not happy. I must have heard "This is not your van" a dozen times in the way to and from the store.
That reminds me of the day I bought my 15 passenger van in January 2012. A friend of mine had 5 kids and they used to all go to Sunday School with me once in a while. Sometimes they would have a friend who wanted to go too, but since the current van only seated 7, myself, her, and her kids, filled the seats. Once in a while I would allow 1 friend to go and we had to put 4 in the back seat.

I needed a bigger van for my reno work, and decided that a nice big one would also be handy for this too, so I bought myself my 2001 Ford E350, without the back bench. It still seated 11 and had lots of room for tools and materials.

The day after I bought it, I went to my friends house to show off my new toy. I didn't hear any "This is not your van" though. Pure excitement. 5 kids climbing in, trying out the different seats, then a few of their friends climbed in to check it out. We went for a little tour of the town. Me, my friend, her 5 kids, and 4 of their friends.

The following Sunday, I had a van load to take to church , and most Sundays after for a while.
daycarediva 10:27 AM 02-10-2017
Dcb/3 (potty training) now takes off his diaper and doesn't tell anyone. He slides it out of his pants. Parents told me as a heads up. Well he did it in the car on the way here and didn't tell anyone. He peed in his chair at breakfast. Mom just sent me a text that she found a diaper STUFFED in her PURSE and asked if dcb had one on when he got here.

I'm dying. She pulled it out in a meeting.
Josiegirl 04:09 PM 02-10-2017
Dcb/3 (potty training) now takes off his diaper and doesn't tell anyone. He slides it out of his pants. Parents told me as a heads up. Well he did it in the car on the way here and didn't tell anyone. He peed in his chair at breakfast. Mom just sent me a text that she found a diaper STUFFED in her PURSE and asked if dcb had one on when he got here.

HAHAHA That's a good one!
Mike 06:18 PM 02-10-2017

smart kid

life's most embarrassing moments
Mom2Two 01:26 PM 02-16-2017
Daycare kids are staging a coup here. I haven't taken them outside yet (it's 2:30 pm) and they are ganging up and putting pressure on me. They're making up all kinds of nonsense about why we need to go out NOW. It's making me laugh.

P. S. As soon as we do a bit more K readiness we'll head out, promise!
Cat Herder 09:38 AM 02-22-2017
DCK's down for nap; passively listening to to crime show on tv while reading.

Show says something like "wife was trying to lose weight and husband kept buying junk food to dissuade her"; I shoot DH the look, he laughs and said "That cake is mine, forget about it."

Show goes to to say "wife having affair and left with kids"; DH gives me the look, I laugh and say "Fine, pass the cake."

Show goes on to say "husband murdered wife" DH and I laugh because we just ate cake together for lunch, instead. Sometimes it is the little things, dieting is over-rated anyway.
Leigh 05:12 PM 02-22-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
DCK's down for nap; passively listening to to crime show on tv while reading.

Show says something like "wife was trying to lose weight and husband kept buying junk food to dissuade her"; I shoot DH the look, he laughs and said "That cake is mine, forget about it."

Show goes to to say "wife having affair and left with kids"; DH gives me the look, I laugh and say "Fine, pass the cake."

Show goes on to say "husband murdered wife" DH and I laugh because we just ate cake together for lunch, instead. Sometimes it is the little things, dieting is over-rated anyway.
Love this!
Blackcat31 06:04 PM 02-22-2017
Love this!
Me too!

Plus anything involving cake?! I'm in!!!!
DaveA 04:24 PM 02-27-2017
I forgot I had let the birds out this morning before taking the kids outside this afternoon. She wasn't about to get out of the cart the kid the wanted.
IMG_0802.jpg
Attached:
Cat Herder 11:55 AM 03-08-2017
Laughing at myself. Just finished prep for my HUGE lasagne, all that is left is assembly, cheese and baking. I go into my cabinet and my lasagne pan is GONE.

I begin to panic then remember that I sent it with my DD when she moved to her first apartment. It was the one she learned to make lasagne in, so it made sense at the time...

Ack, I have NOTHING big enough to make this in, today. Guess I will have to use several 9x9 inch pans instead. This is going to take FOREVER. Funny how easy it is to throw off my groove. So amazon, here I come..
Unregistered 11:18 PM 03-10-2017
I didn't recognize a parent today, second guessed who they were, but no, it was a mom... who had just gotten botox in her lips!
Pestle 04:35 PM 03-17-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I didn't recognize a parent today, second guessed who they were, but no, it was a mom... who had just gotten botox in her lips!

First Wives Club? "Science FICTION young."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6u9EGhLHuE
Jupadia 09:26 AM 03-24-2017
I tricked my own kid 4 years old into eating eggs and mushrooms. Since the age of 2 he won't eat eggs except for in french toast or truly cooked into a meal. Today for lunch and last night for dinner he ate quiche. With no complaints.

Now the question is when to break it to him that he is eating eggs.
Josiegirl 09:33 AM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
I tricked my own kid 4 years old into eating eggs and mushrooms. Since the age of 2 he won't eat eggs except for in french toast or truly cooked into a meal. Today for lunch and last night for dinner he ate quiche. With no complaints.

Now the question is when to break it to him that he is eating eggs.
Haha I can understand tricking a kid into eating eggs but were the mushrooms a trick too?? I haven't met many kids at all who will eat mushrooms. Even trying to trick them.
CeriBear 07:01 AM 03-29-2017
We have a rule on our playground that the children must go down the slide on their bottoms. One day a DCB kept going down on his stomach despite being told no by me and another teacher. Finally I went to to him and told him that he needed to go down on his bottom because it was the safe way. This 4 year old looked me right in the eye and said "but going down on tummy is the fun way. " Of course, I had to tell him he couldn't play on the slide anymore that day for not listening to his teachers but the innocent way in which he said it made me smile.
Jupadia 07:09 AM 03-29-2017
Haha I can understand tricking a kid into eating eggs but were the mushrooms a trick too?? I haven't met many kids at all who will eat mushrooms. Even trying to trick them.
No the mushrooms were cut up nice and big he just needed uo eating them.
Blackcat31 06:59 AM 04-07-2017
I was standing near the cubby/coat room this morning chatting with a parent at drop off.

Suddenly a big shadow appears and a huge clunk is heard/felt on the side of the house.....

Apparently a ruffled grouse flew into the house. They are wood/forest creatures and are rarely spotted in town. Not sure where he was going as they are ground dwelling birds and seldom fly......they are much like chickens.

Anyways, the bird hits the house and wanders around the other side looking pretty dazed and confused. DCM and I are watching it as another parent (DCD) comes to drop off.... Just as we are explaining what we are doing, the bird cocks it's head to one side and sort of flops over belly up and dies.

DCD asks for a plastic bag. I find him one, grateful I do not have to figure out how to dispose of this bird before outside time.

20 minutes later I get a text from DCD:

"Thanks for the grouse! I bet it's the first time one has been de-feathered and cleaned in the bank parking lot before! Thanks for dinner! Looking forward to a deer hitting your house next!"
Mike 08:11 AM 04-07-2017
I was standing near the cubby/coat room this morning chatting with a parent at drop off.

Suddenly a big shadow appears and a huge clunk is heard/felt on the side of the house.....

Apparently a ruffled grouse flew into the house. They are wood/forest creatures and are rarely spotted in town. Not sure where he was going as they are ground dwelling birds and seldom fly......they are much like chickens.

Anyways, the bird hits the house and wanders around the other side looking pretty dazed and confused. DCM and I are watching it as another parent (DCD) comes to drop off.... Just as we are explaining what we are doing, the bird cocks it's head to one side and sort of flops over belly up and dies.

DCD asks for a plastic bag. I find him one, grateful I do not have to figure out how to dispose of this bird before outside time.

"Thanks for the grouse! I bet it's the first time one has been de-feathered and cleaned in the bank parking lot before! Thanks for dinner! Looking forward to a deer hitting your house next!"
At least it was put to a good use.
Josiegirl 09:34 AM 04-07-2017
Lol BC! But I gotta say...poor bird. Dumb obviously. But poor bird.
Laurie 09:48 AM 04-07-2017
That's hilarious!!!!!!
Josiegirl 10:28 AM 04-10-2017
4 yo dcg at lunch:My mom and dad are nicer than you are
me: Yeh? Why is that?
dcg: they don't make me eat fruits and veggies.
'Nuf said.

Poor mistreated child. We had chicken, brown rice, red and green peppers, and clementines. After eating her chicken and rice, she wanted more. I said no, eat your clementine. Or your peppers. I even gave her a choice.
I then proceeded to point out that all 3 of the other dcgs had finished everything on their plates and liked the food too. So what's she do? Sucks the juice out of her clementines. I told her she wasn't getting more chicken and rice that way.
daycarediva 11:13 AM 04-10-2017

HILARIOUS!
MLittle 12:20 PM 04-10-2017

That's funny. I had a similar experience, except it was a bunch of pigeons that decided it was a good idea to keep flying into the wall. Luckily they didn't die and no family had to eat them for dinner
DaveA 04:10 AM 04-11-2017

How big is a grouse?

I had to laugh at the deer part. In our area there are so many deer vs car accidents that "vehicle" is a listed harvest method on the DNR form at the processors.
Miss A 11:43 AM 04-12-2017
I had to laugh and share this parent logic with you all, as I'm sure you'll chuckle too.

My best friend brings her child for 2 half days per week, so I only charge​ her $30/week. She was selling a travel highchair that would be perfect to use with my 6 month old while camping, for $30.

I suggested we just trade child care for the chair, since it is pointless for me to give her $30, and for her to give me $30 right back. She said she would prefer I pay her for the chair, as she needs the $$$ for a different item for her child.

If that works out in her head that is totally fine withe, because in the end we are still trading child care for the chair 😂😂😂
Josiegirl 03:30 PM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by Miss A:
I had to laugh and share this parent logic with you all, as I'm sure you'll chuckle too.

My best friend brings her child for 2 half days per week, so I only charge​ her $30/week. She was selling a travel highchair that would be perfect to use with my 6 month old while camping, for $30.

I suggested we just trade child care for the chair, since it is pointless for me to give her $30, and for her to give me $30 right back. She said she would prefer I pay her for the chair, as she needs the $$$ for a different item for her child.

If that works out in her head that is totally fine withe, because in the end we are still trading child care for the chair 😂😂😂
LOLOLOL I'll bet she felt pretty dumb after she thought it over for a bit!
Blackcat31 04:58 PM 04-12-2017
How big is a grouse?

I had to laugh at the deer part. In our area there are so many deer vs car accidents that "vehicle" is a listed harvest method on the DNR form at the processors.
Normally they are about 16-19" tall and are about half the meat "size" as a chicken so takes more than one to feed a family of 4+

LOTS of deer-vehicle accidents here too... you're never a true resident until you hit one yourself. I have twice in my life (once in dark doing about 60MPH) DH and both kids have hit them also... it's just part of driving in general. Lol!
Attached: 4.jpg (173.8 KB) 
itchyfeet 01:59 AM 04-19-2017
Aww what a lovely thread! I have a 4yr old girl who comes to our family daycare. On the blackboard in the kitchen I had the playdough recipe written up. She came in to help me make it. She was absolutely horrified that I would use oil....because "oil belongs in cars, silly!"

The same girl is about to have her birthday party soon. On the music playlist is an eclectic mix of Katy Perry and Pink Floyd, apparently
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 12:42 PM 04-19-2017
DD3: Look mom I figured it out!
Me: What's that?
DD pokes baby's cheek: Squishy.
DD pokes my bicep: And squishy! They're both squishy!

...And it's time to diet.
Cat Herder 09:08 AM 04-20-2017
Older kids decide they are dogs during free play, youngers are told they are cats and happily comply.

Olders turn play tent into "dog house" and shut youngers out yelling "no cats allowed".

Mrs. Cat Herder grabs small dishes of goldfish crackers and calls all cats for treats, "No dogs allowed, these are cat treats.".

The playroom is now full of cats happily playing on the climber and with balls of yarn.
Pepperth 05:38 AM 05-08-2017
My 2 year old son trying to win an argument with 3 year old dcb about who is taller: "Mommy! DCB say my taller and my NOT taller. My bigger!"
Leigh 08:38 AM 05-09-2017
I run to the bathroom and while in there, my son and his friend see the mail delivered and go grab the mail. When I come out of the bathroom, I see the friend throwing something in the trash. I ask "What did you throw away?". He says "It's just bills. You DON'T need THEM.". I agree young man, I DON'T need them.
Tags:cute, funny, happy, inspirational topic, positive, sweet
First ... 7 8 9 10 11  ... Last
Reply Up