Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Basic G
jenboo 08:59 AM 01-23-2014
Does anyone know about this product?
I need to know if it is a quaternary solution.
google isnt helping me.
Blackcat31 09:10 AM 01-23-2014
Your Google must be broken....

I just Googled it and found this:

"Basic-G is a concentrated quaternary ammonium-based germicide and cleaner. This germicide disinfects and deodorizes as it cleans, and does not contain ingredients such as chlorine, phenol or glutaraldehyde. Although designed as a general household disinfectant, it may be utilized in a wide variety of environments as long as its use is consistent with labeling, and in compliance with federal, state and local requirements. All claims we make regarding the effectiveness of Basic-G are for hard non-porous surfaces with a contact time of ten minutes in the single dilution ratio of 1:256 (or ½-oz. per gallon of water) in accordance with EPA requirements"

http://www.allnaturalhealthylife.com...cts-and-usage/

Hope that helps
kimsdaycare 09:15 AM 01-23-2014
I love basic G! Licensing is allowing it as a substitute for bleach solution in some areas, but you would need to double check with your individual licensor to be sure *they* won't give you any issues with it.

I found this on the internet where that says "Basic-G is a concentrated quaternary ammonium-based germicide and cleaner." but I am still looking for something more official than that for you though.

http://www.marderossmarketing.com/ba...-from-shaklee/

I will post again if I find more info.
jenboo 09:17 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Your Google must be broken....

I just Googled it and found this:

"Basic-G is a concentrated quaternary ammonium-based germicide and cleaner. This germicide disinfects and deodorizes as it cleans, and does not contain ingredients such as chlorine, phenol or glutaraldehyde. Although designed as a general household disinfectant, it may be utilized in a wide variety of environments as long as its use is consistent with labeling, and in compliance with federal, state and local requirements. All claims we make regarding the effectiveness of Basic-G are for hard non-porous surfaces with a contact time of ten minutes in the single dilution ratio of 1:256 (or ½-oz. per gallon of water) in accordance with EPA requirements"

http://www.allnaturalhealthylife.com...cts-and-usage/

Hope that helps

I searched for 15 minutes trying to find something that said it was a quaternary solution
kimsdaycare 09:17 AM 01-23-2014
LOL, we were posting at same time. Different links, same verbage. I'm guessing this came from someplace official at least!
jenboo 09:21 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by kimsdaycare:
I love basic G! Licensing is allowing it as a substitute for bleach solution in some areas, but you would need to double check with your individual licensor to be sure *they* won't give you any issues with it.

I found this on the internet where that says "Basic-G is a concentrated quaternary ammonium-based germicide and cleaner." but I am still looking for something more official than that for you though.

http://www.marderossmarketing.com/ba...-from-shaklee/

I will post again if I find more info.

We can use a quaternary solution if it is 400ppm for diaper changing areas, hard toys and general purpose and 200ppm for toys that are mouthed and food contact surfaces.

i have no idea what any of this meas though
Blackcat31 09:22 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by jenboo:
We can use a quaternary solution if it is 400ppm for diaper changing areas, hard toys and general purpose and 200ppm for toys that are mouthed and food contact surfaces.

i have no idea what any of this meas though
ppm means parts per million.

I am sure there has to be a link out there that will tell you the quantities/qualities in Basic G.

If not, you could probably contact Shaklee and ask....
jenboo 09:30 AM 01-23-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
ppm means parts per million.

I am sure there has to be a link out there that will tell you the quantities/qualities in Basic G.

If not, you could probably contact Shaklee and ask....

Thanks I found it!
kimsdaycare 09:32 AM 01-23-2014
Apparently I posted this link a couple of years ago in a similar thread, lol. Again not all the info you are looking for but at least the EPA number is listed.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/montgo...54845647890353
jenboo 09:39 AM 01-23-2014
Apparently I posted this link a couple of years ago in a similar thread, lol. Again not all the info you are looking for but at least the EPA number is listed.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/montgo...54845647890353
Thanks! Im glad that you love it.
So it is only supposed to be used on hard surfaces correct??
kimsdaycare 09:58 AM 01-23-2014
Yes, but I have added it to laundry and sprayed it on vomit hits on carpet before without issue. Shaklee is very careful not to market their products to be used in any other ways than what it has been officially tested and labeled for.

It also is quite effective on athletes foot and molluscum when the diluted product is applied to skin. I've actually witnessed these ones myself. A friends little girl had molluscum all over her torso and mom had tried everything for it, she had even lost her daycare it was so bad. Approximately a week or so after spraying the sores, you could barely tell they were ever there, and I've seen these things linger for months and months. It was crazy!

Disclaimer, I am not telling you this is a safe use of the product, just a couple of the unusual uses for it I've seen and heard of.
jenboo 10:03 AM 01-23-2014
Yes, but I have added it to laundry and sprayed it on vomit hits on carpet before without issue. Shaklee is very careful not to market their products to be used in any other ways than what it has been officially tested and labeled for.

It also is quite effective on athletes foot and molluscum when the diluted product is applied to skin. I've actually witnessed these ones myself. A friends little girl had molluscum all over her torso and mom had tried everything for it, she had even lost her daycare it was so bad. Approximately a week or so after spraying the sores, you could barely tell they were ever there, and I've seen these things linger for months and months. It was crazy!

Disclaimer, I am not telling you this is a safe use of the product, just a couple of the unusual uses for it I've seen and heard of.

great! thanks! I'm going to order some soon
Tags:basic g
Reply Up