Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Most Funny and Awkward DC Moment, Fun Sharing
daycare 04:40 PM 01-29-2014
Several months back a dcd accidentally text me his dirty thoughts and stuff he bought at the store for their date night instead of me. looks like he replied to a text message that I had sent to him and his wife previously that day not realizing we were both copied on it.

I was not going to text back and say anything, but the DCM noticed and text me saying OMG I am soooo embarrassed, I don't think DCD realized you were copied on the text.

Made for a very very uncomfortable next several days of drop off and pick up...
thetoddlerwhisper 04:48 PM 01-29-2014
i dont have anything close to that just clumsy momments hehe
daycare 05:01 PM 01-29-2014
Oh I have another.....

I was doing laundry one morning before kids arriving. I was folding towels. some of them were still on the floor waiting to be put away as I was answering the door. Well what do you know. I guess a pair of my Victoria secrets (the smallest I own too) were stuck to the side of my sock. I did not know and answered the door. DCD and kids come in. DCD looks at me and says, you have something stuck to your foot. OMG my face was 30 shades of RED
Bookworm 05:01 PM 01-29-2014
This isn't DC related (sorry), but one year I got up to get ready to Black Friday shopping with friends. DH's cousin had come over in the middle of the night to sleep on his way to Florida. I didn't know he was there. After I got out of the shower, I walked back my to my BR naked and happened to turn my head and there he was sitting on the couch awake looking at me. He heard me get up and it woke him up. I screamed and ran as DH was coming out of the BR. We were all embarrassed. And it took a year before his cousin would even look at me.
daycare 05:02 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by Bookworm:
This isn't DC related (sorry), but one year I got up to get ready to Black Friday shopping with friends. DH's cousin had come over in the middle of the night to sleep on his way to Florida. I didn't know he was there. After I got out of the shower, I walked back my to my BR naked and happened to turn my head and there he was sitting on the couch awake looking at me. He heard me get up and it woke him up. I screamed and ran as DH was coming out of the BR. We were all embarrassed. And it took a year before his cousin would even look at me.
LOL ahhahahahahahahahahhahaahahh that is so funny....

AKWARD....lol
_Dana_ 05:13 PM 01-29-2014
OMG! I'm dying right now!!

Here is mine.

For me, the most awkward moment so far has been when my ds3 wanted to give a dcg3 (his best friend) a goodbye hug before she left. Only thing is that she was laying on her back with her feet in the air. Dcm started out saying aww...then nervously laughed and turned red. It looked like a very naughty sex position b/c dcg then wrapped her legs around ds. lol

DCM and I busted a gut b/c we knew that the kids just wanted to share a hug. But when we tried to tell our husbands about the funny moment, they looked at us like we were crazy.
BumbleBee 05:21 PM 01-29-2014
4 yo dcb comes barreling into the house at drop off and loudly tells me (as well as 2 other parents who were dropping off at the same time)

"My daddy has a OUCHIE on his PEEEENIS!"

Dcd got snipped the day before. I kept a straight face but dcd had a hard time looking me in the eye for awhile after that.
kelsey's kids 06:05 PM 01-29-2014
I was taking a shower about 20 minutes before dcb was to arrive and my husband was watching tv. I didnt know it but during my shower dcm came about 15 mintues early and was talking to my husband. I came out of the bathroom without a towel and was going to the bedroom to dress when I notice dcm. She saw me completely naked. It was so awkward for like 3 months after
Play Care 02:57 AM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by kelsey's kids:
I was taking a shower about 20 minutes before dcb was to arrive and my husband was watching tv. I didnt know it but during my shower dcm came about 15 mintues early and was talking to my husband. I came out of the bathroom without a towel and was going to the bedroom to dress when I notice dcm. She saw me completely naked. It was so awkward for like 3 months after
But, did she come early again?!
Play Care 03:05 AM 01-30-2014
I used to have a tension gate that separated my foyer from the play room. One day at pick up I was lifting a child over the gate and she decided to kick out. We both fell on the gate knocking it over Luckily she wasn't hurt and her mom even scolded her for acting up while she was being lifted over, but I was sprawled out on the floor and mortified.

Another time I was talking to a DCD at the end of the day. My dining room is off my foyer but gated off. I had put my laundry basket in there until I could bring it upstairs after the last DCK left. - and I thought it was tucked away mostly out of sight... Anyway I'm talking to DCD and the child says "MRS K, you boobies are right dere!" I looked over and one of my bras was on the top of the pile DCD pretty much grabs dck and goes Awkward!
coolconfidentme 05:07 AM 01-30-2014
I had a DCB tell me how mommy clocked daddy & now she gets to wear a bracelet on her leg to remember it. At pickup, he grabbed her pant leg exposing it & said, "She should've asked for one with jewels on it." I laughed so hard after she left.
Angelmichelle 12:54 PM 01-30-2014
I have migraine disorder and tension headaches and normally if I abort them soon enough I can at least work, even if not at full capacity. Once I got one so bad in the evening that I called in my substitute to work with my two assistants because I knew I wouldn't be functional the next day. All was well until about 10 AM. One of the assistants (we're all nurses, mind you) called me freaking out because one of the g-tubes had come out and she couldn't get it back in. She and another assistant were working to put a suction cath in place just to keep it open until mom came to take child to the GI clinic. They were panicking and I didn't want mom to come in to that chaos so I ran from my house (adjoined to the daycare, but a separate area) to the daycare in just a white sheer Pink pajama shirt and my husband's boxers... simply to help get the catheter in and return, expeditiously, to my dark retreat. Except, when I get there DAD is already there, the situation seemed to be well handled thanks to him and I hastily whispered to the not-so-regular assistant, "I'm right next door if you need me" before turning around, hopefully unnoticed. But I could never go unnoticed! One of my developmentally delayed 3 year old's yelled out my name and then pointed out that her mommy has the same shirt and her "nippies show too, but nippies are not for touch!" Embarrassing situation to begin with (mishandling of a minor emergency, turbo driven!) I absolutely went RIGHT back to bed!
Jack Sprat 01:05 PM 01-30-2014
Our dog enjoys bringing down our DD's dirty underwear....One day dcb who is 2 announced to his dad that "Stanie eats ____ pooie underwear. Its soo yummy." DCD laughed and laughed. I was mortified. DD was even more humiliated. Here lately she has been pretty good about keeping her dirty undies picked up.
TwinKristi 01:26 PM 01-30-2014
One morning dh insisted on having some "fun time" early in the morning before daycare kids arrived. One doesn't usually come til 7:30 and the other about 7:10 so we hurriedly did it and by the time I got dressed I realized it was 7:15 and freaked out! I grab my phone and run out to hear talking out front, both were waiting at the door. I was so embarassed! I guess one mom texted me that she would be there at 7:15 since she knew the other mom was coming early too. To top it off it was like 13* outside, one of the coldest mornings we'd ever had during a cold snap! I never told them why I didn't answer but I'm sure my face was red and my hair was a mess.

eta- Now I don't let dh talk me into morning nookie with minutes to spare! I remind him of that embarrassment!
crazydaycarelady 03:29 PM 01-30-2014
I once walked into the bedroom and the breeze slammed the door shut. For some reason this malfunctioned the doorknob and I was locked IN the room. Of course the kids were all NOT in the room. I was climbing out the window into the front yard when dcd drove up. I was just crossing my fingers that the front door was unlocked so the situation didn't get even worse!
kelsey's kids 09:57 PM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:430309:
I once walked into the bedroom and the breeze slammed the door shut. For some reason this malfunctioned the doorknob and I was locked IN the room. Of course the kids were all NOOT in the room. I was climbing out the window inot the front yard when dcd drove up. I was just crossing my fingers that the front door was unlocked so the situation didn't get even worse!
I had almost this exact thing happen. I was laying the kids down for nap 2 babies in a different room and 6 kids in the room I was in 3 y dcb came in and shut the door 20 minutes later they fall asleep and I go to open the door to clean up lunch but the lock had malfunctioned and I was locked in the room with most of the kids. Thankfully I had my phone and called my brother who had to take the door nob off to unlock it
nanglgrl 11:13 PM 01-30-2014
I sleep in my birthday suit. My husband accidently left the front door unlocked when he went to work that morning and one if my daycare dads showed up really early while I was still sleeping. I didn't answer so he came to my room and woke me up. Thankfully I was covered up but it had to be pretty obvious. I was petrified. Luckily I loved his son and that was the only time he broke a policy in 3 years or I would have had to terminate.
kimsdaycare 05:58 AM 01-31-2014
We have a dcd that has become good friends with us even though his ds is now 16. He showed up with a bottle of moonshine one evening and I proceeded to drink far too many shots of it. The first couple go down easy but by then the impairment kicked in, went from these are yummy to theeesse arrre nummmmyy in about fifteen minutes lol. He said I was hilarious, and bossy and he'd never seen me be so entertaining. Apparently by the time he left I had consumed most of the bottle, eaten a meal, gotten sick with dh holding my hair and passed out spread eagle with my knees in the air at the edge of my bed. Yikes. So not me. So embarrassing to say the least.

He just won a $250 case of whiskey, and plans to leave it at our house now.

Told him that show has left the venue, wont be coming back for an encore no matter how much he pays for those tickets lol.
DaycareMomma 06:58 AM 01-31-2014
This just happen yesterday at pickup. Dcm comes in, her and I have become best friends, so she sits down and we are chatting and she asked her daughter how school went. Daughter tells her good, but look mommy my teacher put my art work in my bag. So mom opens the book bag and her face went WHITE and she got this utterly pissed look on her face. Turns out when dcg was at dad's this weekend, something happened and daddy dearest put a box of condoms in her book bag! So mom was scrambling to email the teacher and explain and I couldn't stop laughing to be honest. It was HILARIOUS! I would have been mortified if I were in her shoes though.
melilley 12:17 PM 01-31-2014
I can't stop laughing!

My story doesn't compare to some of yours, but one day I was changing diapers and happened to run out of gloves. Of course one dcb decided to poo and I had to change him and I ended up getting poo on my hand. I texted dh and asked him to please get some gloves after work because I got sh** all over my hands. I looked at my phone after texting and realized that I had sent the text to a dcm! I was mortified and apologized. Thankfully she laughed and said that now she knows that I'm human.
Tags:awkward, embarrassing, redfaced
Reply Up