Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Field Trip Transportation
LittleScholars 08:12 AM 09-13-2018
Does anyone have unique solutions for transporting kiddos on field trips? My insurance only covers kiddos while their feet are on the ground (not in a car), and a commercial policy isn't an option at this time. Having parents drop off and pick up on site isn't an option either.

Are there any particular companies that might cater to this? Our bus stop is just a little too far for us to realistically get to.

Thanks!
Blackcat31 08:52 AM 09-13-2018
Originally Posted by LittleScholars:
Does anyone have unique solutions for transporting kiddos on field trips? My insurance only covers kiddos while their feet are on the ground (not in a car), and a commercial policy isn't an option at this time. Having parents drop off and pick up on site isn't an option either.

Are there any particular companies that might cater to this? Our bus stop is just a little too far for us to realistically get to.

Thanks!
We have a local bus company that allows us to hire them for transport. The kids are't required to have car seats or anything.

I have only used them twice in ten years but I know other providers that use the bus regularly.

I don't do alot of field trips in general but when we do, I prefer walking but I understand that isn't always possible.
LittleScholars 09:09 AM 09-13-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
We have a local bus company that allows us to hire them for transport. The kids are't required to have car seats or anything.

I have only used them twice in ten years but I know other providers that use the bus regularly.

I don't do alot of field trips in general but when we do, I prefer walking but I understand that isn't always possible.
Why didn't I think of a bus company?! I was looking at private drivers. Thank you! I wonder how parents would feel about no car seats. I'll have to look into this! Another home daycare is hoping to team up with us and rent something.

I don't plan on doing many, which is why it doesn't make sense to invest in a commercial policy, but I feel like sprinkling in even one or two could be a very special treat.

I wish we could walk. I'm stuck right in the middle of the suburbs. Our closest option would be an awesome town park, but it is a 50 minute walk according to google maps.
hwichlaz 09:54 AM 09-13-2018
We have a dial a ride as part Of our public bussing. They are mini buses, and cheap. Like $5 per person. Kids are less.
LittleScholars 10:53 AM 09-13-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
We have a dial a ride as part Of our public bussing. They are mini buses, and cheap. Like $5 per person. Kids are less.
Oh wow!! How does it work? You call ahead for transportation?
Tags:field trip, transportation
Reply Up