Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>PT Spot FT Pay Whine
jojosmommy 11:33 AM 07-02-2012
Have you ever termed someone because they pay full time but rarely attend full time and just can't stop complaining about it?

I called DCM yesterday b/c her schedule (which she prints for me) had nothing on for Tuesday. I am closed 7/4 and 7/5 but I thought maybe she was confused and thought I was closed Tu also. Kindly I called to ask if she was interested in sending Tu "because I am open, but thought maybe that was misunderstood". She said she was off Tu and was keeping the kids home.

Dcm: "Wait, your closed THURSDAY TOO?"
Me: "Yep, I am always closed the 5th. That way I can travel and enjoy the Holiday without rushing my kiddos to bed. I sent out all my days off in January."
Dcm: "OHHH, well I am off Tuesday and Friday so it looks like they will only attend Monday."
Me: "Ok, well if you want them to come Tuesday let me know, like if you have errands or something."
Dcm: "Uhhh NO, Im home they will be with me. I just hate paying you $280 a day for daycare."
Me: "TTYL"

This arguement goes on and on. Do I finally say, you don't like it then look elsewhere or do I just put up with it to no end? I like getting paid 280 a day for daycare , so I'd rather not get rid of them and then replace them with someone who actually wants to attend all 5 days.
cheerfuldom 11:39 AM 07-02-2012
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:
Have you ever termed someone because they pay full time but rarely attend full time and just can't stop complaining about it?

I called DCM yesterday b/c her schedule (which she prints for me) had nothing on for Tuesday. I am closed 7/4 and 7/5 but I thought maybe she was confused and thought I was closed Tu also. Kindly I called to ask if she was interested in sending Tu "because I am open, but thought maybe that was misunderstood". She said she was off Tu and was keeping the kids home.

Dcm: "Wait, your closed THURSDAY TOO?"
Me: "Yep, I am always closed the 5th. That way I can travel and enjoy the Holiday without rushing my kiddos to bed. I sent out all my days off in January."
Dcm: "OHHH, well I am off Tuesday and Friday so it looks like they will only attend Monday."
Me: "Ok, well if you want them to come Tuesday let me know, like if you have errands or something."
Dcm: "Uhhh NO, Im home they will be with me. I just hate paying you $280 a day for daycare."
Me: "TTYL"

This arguement goes on and on. Do I finally say, you don't like it then look elsewhere or do I just put up with it to no end? I like getting paid 280 a day for daycare , so I'd rather not get rid of them and then replace them with someone who actually wants to attend all 5 days.
I would just leave it as is. She's just complaining and as long as they are abiding by the rules and paying the bills then I would leave it alone. I'm sure she is aware that if she doesnt like your rates, etc. she can go find daycare elsewhere.
e.j. 11:45 AM 07-02-2012
Honestly, for $280 a day, I think I'd put up with it. From what you've written, it doesn't sound as though she's being unbearably rude. I don't blame her for not wanting to pay $280 a day but no one is holding a gun to her head. Eventually, she'll decide if the cost is really worth it to her or not but in the mean time.....I think I'd just put up with it until she decides to look elsewhere.
Country Kids 12:46 PM 07-02-2012
You seriously get paid $280 dollars for one day of childcare?
SquirrellyMama 12:59 PM 07-02-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
You seriously get paid $280 dollars for one day of childcare?
I think she gets paid $280 for the week but the kids are only coming one day that week so it comes out to be $280 for that one day.
jojosmommy 01:18 PM 07-02-2012
Technically I charge 140 a week per kid. Her 2 kids come 4 to 5 days most weeks 10 hours a day. They often test the limits and try to drop off early and pick up late so most weeks their kids are here every bit of full time. She happens to be working less during the week, sometimes on the weekend and occassional nights. So, lately she has been keeping the kids home 1 to 2 days per week but never on a regular rotation.

So, yes this fabulous week I get 280 for one day of work. Well, from them anyway
Truly Scrumptious 01:41 PM 07-02-2012
I agree to just let it be. One thing to keep in mind though is that because she's complaining, she at any time could come in and give her notice. But, as long as you're prepared for that, go ahead and enjoy the "easy" money.
Breezy 02:15 PM 07-02-2012
I have a family that is part time on a rotating schedule. They pay $120 a week to be able to come any of the days in that week with advance notice. Most weeks I have her one day and so I get $120 for the day and feel kind of guilty but other weeks I have her 4 days.

I have another family that is part time with a similar schedule and I gave them the option of $30/day drop in or $120 per week for a guaranteed spot if they need it. They chose drop in and are rolling the dice every week as to whether I have space.
Tags:full time, parent - complains, part time
Reply Up