Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Have any of you moved out of state while doing daycare?
LeslieG 09:09 AM 01-11-2015
My husband and I would love to move to MN (from WI) this summer if my husband is able to get a job there. We're so tired of renting, though, so would like to buy our first home if possible... it's also hard to find a place to rent that will allow you to have a child care.

I know they usually look at your gross income from the previous year to help determine how much of a mortgage loan you can receive. So my question is, how are they going to determine how much we can borrow if I'm self employed and will be starting my child care business over from scratch?? Anyone ever done this??

I'm just praying that it'll all work out and we can finally have a home of our own! We're expecting our first baby in April and I don't want to raise our child in our current apartment (especially with the kind of neighbors we have).

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!!
jenboo 09:39 AM 01-11-2015
We are moving out of state this summer... Once our house sells.
I'm going to get a job outside of the house so that we qualify for a mortgage. Then once we have a new house, I'll start working on opening a new home daycare. Once I have enough families lined up, I'll open the daycare again.
This seems like the best plan to me.
Reply Up