Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: Napping poll
Everyone naps 32 74.42%
50/50 naps 11 25.58%
No one naps 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Napping Poll
Country Kids 12:49 PM 11-15-2011
How many of you have total nappers? Everyone naps, no problems.

50/50 nappers? Some nap, some don't.

No one naps! Self explanatory!
Heidi 12:54 PM 11-15-2011
ok, the 4 year old naps some days, but he is really good about making that choice, and he has his own space, which he uses responsibly and leaves me alon!
CountryMommy 01:04 PM 11-15-2011
Everyone here naps. They range in ages from 10 months to almost 4 years old and all four of them nap at the same time every day.

The first couple of weeks were hard because they all were tired at different times, some wanted to sleep while others refused to stay still, etc. So after a couple of weeks of trying to accomodate all the children I decided that it was not going to work. I started enforcing nap time and set up a strict routine for nap time.

Now it's lunch, then everyone goes potty. We all read a book or two together, sing a couple of songs, and then the kids know to get their bedding out. They lie down and stay down while I put the younger ones to bed. Everyone knows this is what happens after lunch and they just expect it, so I have an easy time putting them to bed.

They all know they have to stay quietly on their mats, cribs, playpens until I come and get them when nap time is over. Even the little ones know that if they wake up before nap time is over, they can entertain themselves in their cribs quietly and I will get them soon.
Country Kids 01:11 PM 11-15-2011
For those who have 50/50 nappers what do you do with the ones who don't nap?

Also, what time does everyone lay the children down?
dEHmom 01:11 PM 11-15-2011
The infants all nap. Once they are about 2 or 3 yrs old I play it by ear. I require a quiet time, whether it's watching a show/movie, laying down reading books, or quiet activities (coloring etc), or if they nap then great.

I find a lot of kids here by the age of 2 or 3 just do not nap and create far too much of a ruckus rather than just letting them be. But they have to be quiet.

My babies nap when they need naps, but generally about 9am they go down for however long they need to sleep (I let them wake up on their own). Then in the pm, they go down around 1 or 1:30 unless they are not even close to tired, then I put them down when they get tired.
CheekyChick 01:12 PM 11-15-2011
Out of 16 children per day, there are usually 12 to 15 nappers every day. It's not easy to get a few to sleep, but they eventually fall asleep.
nannyde 01:27 PM 11-15-2011
I don't provide services to children who don't need a full afternoon nap so all of my kids sleep every day.
Blackcat31 01:47 PM 11-15-2011
EVERYONE rests or lies down, but I cannot guarantee that everyone actually sleeps.

Here is a link to a poll about nap length. https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36620
Lucy 02:00 PM 11-15-2011
3 yr old and 2 yr old nap.

Another 3.5 yr old comes at 1:30 and has had a nap at home.

6, 7, and 8 yr old obviously do not nap.

So 2 out of 6 for me.
mismatchedsocks 03:16 PM 11-15-2011
Everyone naps here about noon to 230ish. I generally will start waking them at 3 if they are not up yet! I have kids ages 1-4 right now. But when they are infants I try to get them on one morning nap, one afternoon nap ( same time as others).
Cat Herder 03:27 PM 11-15-2011
All of mine nap, everyday. We lay down from 1-3.
Hunni Bee 06:14 PM 11-15-2011
All my kids nap, by choice. All 14 of em. I used to hedge it with new kids, because I didn't want to seem mean, but that always blew up in my face. I do "we're going to lie down now" and its a very boring two hours surrounding by 11 of your sleeping friends and watching me do paperwork. Soooo....everyone naps.

The official is 1-3, but I find everybody is happier when we are down by 12:30. Plus, I have so many part-timers with naptime departures this year () and I like for them to get at least half a nap.
cheerfuldom 08:18 PM 11-15-2011
Everyone sleeps every day but even if they wake up early, they aren't allowed up till nap time is over.
mema 08:22 PM 11-15-2011
2-5yr olds sleep most of the time for at least 1 hr
1-2yr old---loves her some sleep-she'll nap from lunch to pick up at 5 if I let her (usually I give her 2hrs)
1-1yr old--sleeps 2 hrs some times, 1 hr mostly and sometimes none
1-1yr old part-timer---usually sleeps 1 hr, but sometimes 3
rbmom 05:39 AM 11-16-2011
We had all nappers until recently but now 2) 3 yr olds haven't been napping. Not sure what changed but they are super grumpy by not napping!
Tags:nap, napping, poll
Reply Up