Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dilema
SimpleMom 07:36 AM 12-15-2011
Oh, I can't decide! I usually have a rule that if I even have to THINK about it, it's usually a "no" answer. In this case I have a few options.

I really, really like this family. I have one infant starting up in the fall (a sibling of a different family). Another family is having twins!! Super excited for them. I can only take them if I get a second adult helper for three months. First, I have to find a helper that I trust completely.
Second, that's still a lot of littles! I would still have a 2yr old, two 2.5 yr olds, a 4 yr old, a homeschooler, along with the three infants (all between 6 and 9m when starting here).
So, on my own (without a helper after the three months) I would have three 1 yr olds, two almost 3 yr olds, 1 4yr old, and a 2.5 yr old as well as a homeschooler.
That's doable, right?
Doesn't look so bad once I write it out Still, I don't want to get in over my head.

whatcha think?
sharlan 07:38 AM 12-15-2011
I think a lot can happen in 9 mos.
cheerfuldom 07:43 AM 12-15-2011
I wouldn't worry about anything right now. Its a long time away and you may feel very differently at that point.
Blackcat31 07:44 AM 12-15-2011
I think it honestly depends on the children and their maturity levels. I mean I have 2 two year olds and I swear one acts like an infant and the other acts as if she is a 4 year old. I also think a lot depends on the temperament of the babies too. If they are happy and easily entertained and on a good schedule then it is all doable with consistent routines and schedules.

But on the flip side, what if al the babies are rage babies or high maintenance babies...kwim?

So I would base my decision not so much on the age of the kids but on the level of care they require. I have had a really young age group for a while now and have in the past (not currently) had 2 or 3 under 2 yr olds at one time but they were either super good kids and/or been here since birth and knew our daily routine so there was no learning curve for them as far as knowing the expectations here.

Sorry thart might not help much but that is how I would make my decision if I were in your shoes. Also what Sharlan said...alot can happen in 9 months.
AnneCordelia 07:50 AM 12-15-2011
It would totally depend on the kids.

I'm on my own and I have 4 1yos (all 11mos when they started 6 mos ago) and 2 3yos, and my own 6 and 8yo before/after school and on holidays. My days are really pleasant.
SimpleMom 08:02 AM 12-15-2011
Well, that all makes sense. I will just go with it. I won't look into any helpers til closer to summer. I just don't want to leave them hi and dry if it turns out I can't do it. I guess, I will just plan on it and look for help later and see how it all goes
Thanks!!
Reply Up