View Poll Results: How many of you have a website/blog/Facebook Business Page
Website 6 20.00%
Blog 2 6.67%
Facebook Business page 2 6.67%
More then one of the above 20 66.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Many Of Your Have Websites/Blogs
Country Kids 10:53 AM 04-19-2012
I was just wondering how many of you have websites or blogs? Also, would you mind sharing the link to them. I'm wanting to put a favorites section together so that I can see how different people run their childcares and possibly learn new things.

Childcare has changed SO much since I started way back when. I love to learn new things and always searching for different methods.

If you aren't wanting to put it out there I totally understand!
daycare 10:56 AM 04-19-2012
you know I do!!!!!
themoorethemerrier 11:01 AM 04-19-2012
I have a Facebook page and website. I'm not sure how many people they're reaching on their own, and I know that a blog would help, but I can't find the time.
MarinaVanessa 11:03 AM 04-19-2012
I'd like to see what everybody else does too. Everyone is so different and it's nice to get ideas from other people. I'll share mine with you but keep in mind that I'm in the process of putting recent pictures up so there aren't many ... if any lol. You'll have to check back in a few days. I should have them all up by the end of the weekend.

My Website
melskids 11:04 AM 04-19-2012
I have a website...but I havent updated it in a while...

www.mountaintopdaycare.com

a FB page...

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!...e/348397697472

and a blog...

www.mountaintopdaycare.blogspot.com

I think all three have helped me get business. Most clients tell me on the first phone call they have seen at least one of the three, and wanted to set up an interview.
DBug 11:05 AM 04-19-2012
I have a daycare website and a personal blog where I post about daycare occasionally. Love having a website -- it's a HUGE part of my marketing .
Blackcat31 11:05 AM 04-19-2012
None of the above. I am "old school" and so far have resisted the technology changes....

I have no need to have a web-site as advertising that way has not been the norm in my area as of yet and I have had no need to advertise in the last few years either.

I don't have a daycare Face Book page because...well, I just don't...and so far no parent has ever asked me about one.

I don't have a blog because I talk way too fast and think way too much to ever be organized enough to put together my thoughts in a blog.
CheekyChick 11:22 AM 04-19-2012
I have a web site and FB page.
Small Town Provider 11:49 AM 04-19-2012
I have a website and facebook page. My website is for everyone and when I'm advertising makes a huge difference. Most people in my area don't have one so it sets me apart from the rest. My facebook page is just for the parents of current dcks. I put lots of pictures up on there.

http://www.jenshousedaycare.webs.com
daycare 12:02 PM 04-19-2012
Originally Posted by Small Town Provider:
I have a website and facebook page. My website is for everyone and when I'm advertising makes a huge difference. Most people in my area don't have one so it sets me apart from the rest. My facebook page is just for the parents of current dcks. I put lots of pictures up on there.

Wow you give 10 free days after one year of care????
How do you keep track of that? I do give vacation time, but it must all be used at one time. Example, you get 5 days and if you want to use it, you must take all 5 at once and your child cannot attend care during that time......
Kaddidle Care 12:05 PM 04-19-2012
Our blog is within the Website. It's a Weebly one. Free is good.
DBug 02:14 PM 04-19-2012

We're almost neighbours! I'm about 30 minutes away from you
Michael 04:31 PM 04-19-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
None of the above. I am "old school" and so far have resisted the technology changes....

I have no need to have a web-site as advertising that way has not been the norm in my area as of yet and I have had no need to advertise in the last few years either.

I don't have a daycare Face Book page because...well, I just don't...and so far no parent has ever asked me about one.

I don't have a blog because I talk way too fast and think way too much to ever be organized enough to put together my thoughts in a blog.
If anyone deserves a website from me, you do, for the work you do here. Let me know and I will either create one on my servers of create one out of your listing in our registry.
Michael 04:33 PM 04-19-2012

JensHouseDaycare.com is available for registration. Suggest you get it and point it (frame it) to your free webs address.
AnneCordelia 04:35 PM 04-19-2012
I have a website to attract new clients and I also have a blog for current families/clients.
Blackcat31 05:00 PM 04-19-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
If anyone deserves a website from me, you do, for the work you do here. Let me know and I will either create one on my servers of create one out of your listing in our registry.
That is super nice of you! I work hard (sort of) here because I LOVE this site!

It has definitely changed how I do things and my overall outlook on the profession in general.

Plus I have made some super awesome friendships here too!

I might just take you up on that offer though as I want a web-site, just have no idea where to even start so it just gets put off until later and we all know that later never comes.
3girls 05:25 PM 04-19-2012
I have a website.

Jen's House theres something wonky in the formatting on your policies page, just a heads up!
Tags:website
Reply Up