Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-18-2015, 09:23 AM
KBCsMommy's Avatar
KBCsMommy KBCsMommy is offline
Licensed Daycare Provider
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California
Posts: 388
Default I'm Mean ....HAHAHA

DCM arrives with oldest of sibling set in her pajamas. I ask where is littlest sibling she says she's keeping him home bc he was up really late. She's also staying home.

I tell her .... Well why don't you keep oldest sibling home too since you have been complaining you never get to spend time with the kids (blank stare and smile!)....

She agrees and takes her back home....

These are my worst 2 dc kids, I feel terrible about it!!!

Flame me!! I'm mean!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-18-2015, 09:27 AM
childcaremom's Avatar
childcaremom childcaremom is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,969
Default

Maybe. If by mean you meant Mean Genius.

Ha!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-18-2015, 09:28 AM
Thriftylady's Avatar
Thriftylady Thriftylady is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,887
Default

Wow! Good for you!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-18-2015, 09:36 AM
KBCsMommy's Avatar
KBCsMommy KBCsMommy is offline
Licensed Daycare Provider
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California
Posts: 388
Default

Sometimes I want to tell these young parents "I know...It's hard being a mommy and daddy!"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-18-2015, 09:56 AM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBCsMommy View Post
DCM arrives with oldest of sibling set in her pajamas. I ask where is littlest sibling she says she's keeping him home bc he was up really late. She's also staying home.

I tell her .... Well why don't you keep oldest sibling home too since you have been complaining you never get to spend time with the kids (blank stare and smile!)....

She agrees and takes her back home....

These are my worst 2 dc kids, I feel terrible about it!!!

Flame me!! I'm mean!!!!
The younger one is sick.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-18-2015, 10:03 AM
KBCsMommy's Avatar
KBCsMommy KBCsMommy is offline
Licensed Daycare Provider
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California
Posts: 388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyde View Post
The younger one is sick.
I agree with you!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-18-2015, 10:59 AM
mommiebookworm's Avatar
mommiebookworm mommiebookworm is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 348
Default

You're awesome!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-18-2015, 11:01 AM
Fiddlesticks's Avatar
Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyde View Post
The younger one is sick.
Yep. I had one stay home yesterday with dad "just because" but his sister came here. Then today he was here 15 minutes before I called for pickup because he has a 101.5 temp.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-18-2015, 11:02 AM
Haven's Avatar
Haven Haven is offline
New Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 16
Default

Good job!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-18-2015, 11:04 AM
KIDZRMYBIZ's Avatar
KIDZRMYBIZ KIDZRMYBIZ is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyde View Post
The younger one is sick.
Yep. I would be asking the older one questions about that tomorrow, just for my own knowledge.

I've minced my words to my DCFs along this topic, but I've NEVER had one take the child back with them. Perhaps I ought to be more direct...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-18-2015, 12:13 PM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBCsMommy View Post
I agree with you!
The sad thing is she thinks she invented this one.

Seriously I have never had a kid kept home because he was tired. The odds of that with a sib in a siblings group where they bring the other sib? Like one in a gigabazzilion.

How I long for a parent to come up with something unique.

Come on fellow providers.... please share one that is truly special and unique...

I beg thee

Last edited by nannyde; 11-18-2015 at 12:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-18-2015, 12:21 PM
Play Care's Avatar
Play Care Play Care is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 6,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBCsMommy View Post
DCM arrives with oldest of sibling set in her pajamas. I ask where is littlest sibling she says she's keeping him home bc he was up really late. She's also staying home.

I tell her .... Well why don't you keep oldest sibling home too since you have been complaining you never get to spend time with the kids (blank stare and smile!)....

She agrees and takes her back home....

These are my worst 2 dc kids, I feel terrible about it!!!

Flame me!! I'm mean!!!!
I'm just shocked that she took the other child back home! I bet he was acting off in the car and when you said that she probably though better to just bring them back home then risk leaving child there and having to come back out in a couple of hours to get them
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-18-2015, 12:32 PM
Mad_Pistachio's Avatar
Mad_Pistachio Mad_Pistachio is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyde View Post
Seriously I have never had a kid kept home because he was tired.
I'm an odd Mom out: I've done that once. we just started the daycare (2-3 weeks into), and normally, she'd wake up by 7-7.30, but she kept sleeping. when she wasn't up by 8, I sent my husband to work. she woke up at 9.30 (I was one lucky mama that day, I guess), and I was just like, screw that... texted the director that we'll be back tomorrow cause she overslept. I could not bring myself to wake her up.
and once I kept her home because her nose was runny. I mean, like, sneeze-snot-5-yards-down runny, all night. no one slept that night, she kept sneezing and waking up... same thing, ah, screw that, stay home. no fever, no cough, nothing, just A LOT of snot.

watch my song change when I have more than just one easy child
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-18-2015, 12:46 PM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Care View Post
I'm just shocked that she took the other child back home! I bet he was acting off in the car and when you said that she probably though better to just bring them back home then risk leaving child there and having to come back out in a couple of hours to get them
He probably puked in the car.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-18-2015, 12:48 PM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyde View Post
He probably puked in the car.
Or the advil hadn't kicked in yet.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-18-2015, 12:49 PM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Pistachio View Post
I'm an odd Mom out: I've done that once. we just started the daycare (2-3 weeks into), and normally, she'd wake up by 7-7.30, but she kept sleeping. when she wasn't up by 8, I sent my husband to work. she woke up at 9.30 (I was one lucky mama that day, I guess), and I was just like, screw that... texted the director that we'll be back tomorrow cause she overslept. I could not bring myself to wake her up.
and once I kept her home because her nose was runny. I mean, like, sneeze-snot-5-yards-down runny, all night. no one slept that night, she kept sneezing and waking up... same thing, ah, screw that, stay home. no fever, no cough, nothing, just A LOT of snot.

watch my song change when I have more than just one easy child
I would need that in writing and notarized by your center before I could consider it

Lightning... it's real and it does strike
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-18-2015, 12:51 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Care View Post
I'm just shocked that she took the other child back home! I bet he was acting off in the car and when you said that she probably though better to just bring them back home then risk leaving child there and having to come back out in a couple of hours to get them
I thought she only brought one kid?

Wasnt the other already staying home?

Maybe I read OP wrong? Its been one of those days...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-18-2015, 01:08 PM
Play Care's Avatar
Play Care Play Care is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 6,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
I thought she only brought one kid?

Wasnt the other already staying home?

Maybe I read OP wrong? Its been one of those days...
No, I meant that I was surprised she took the child she brought back home, but didn't write it out the right way
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-18-2015, 01:08 PM
Mad_Pistachio's Avatar
Mad_Pistachio Mad_Pistachio is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyde View Post
I would need that in writing and notarized by your center before I could consider it

Lightning... it's real and it does strike
I'd ask the director, but she probably doesn't remember. I remember she didn't sound all too surprised, so maybe she has more of those "50 grams and no school" type parents although, the client I canceled because of a snotty night may, I'm not sure... cause I called and in a panicky voice said, "I can't come, [name] is sick, no one slept last night, she's staying home!" (and God knows, I wanted to sleep, too, and not scrub someone's toilets for 3-4 hours.)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-18-2015, 01:13 PM
Thriftylady's Avatar
Thriftylady Thriftylady is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Pistachio View Post
I'm an odd Mom out: I've done that once. we just started the daycare (2-3 weeks into), and normally, she'd wake up by 7-7.30, but she kept sleeping. when she wasn't up by 8, I sent my husband to work. she woke up at 9.30 (I was one lucky mama that day, I guess), and I was just like, screw that... texted the director that we'll be back tomorrow cause she overslept. I could not bring myself to wake her up.
and once I kept her home because her nose was runny. I mean, like, sneeze-snot-5-yards-down runny, all night. no one slept that night, she kept sneezing and waking up... same thing, ah, screw that, stay home. no fever, no cough, nothing, just A LOT of snot.

watch my song change when I have more than just one easy child
I could have seen me doing that when mine were little if I could have afforded the time off work. But you can bet my backside I would have been back in bed until little one woke up also!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-18-2015, 01:24 PM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play Care View Post
No, I meant that I was surprised she took the child she brought back home, but didn't write it out the right way
So the "tired" kid was up and in the car and she just brought in the school ager in her jammies? Hmmmm methinks she was up all night cleaning puke.

I'd be grilling the six year old like a cheese sammich first thing in the morning. After years of binge watching Forensic Files, I'm a near expert in interrogation technique.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-18-2015, 01:56 PM
Baby Beluga's Avatar
Baby Beluga Baby Beluga is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 3,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyde View Post
So the "tired" kid was up and in the car and she just brought in the school ager in her jammies? Hmmmm methinks she was up all night cleaning puke.

I'd be grilling the six year old like a cheese sammich first thing in the morning. After years of binge watching Forensic Files, I'm a near expert in interrogation technique.
I think I just spit water on my screen.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-18-2015, 02:17 PM
Play Care's Avatar
Play Care Play Care is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 6,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyde View Post
So the "tired" kid was up and in the car and she just brought in the school ager in her jammies? Hmmmm methinks she was up all night cleaning puke.

I'd be grilling the six year old like a cheese sammich first thing in the morning. After years of binge watching Forensic Files, I'm a near expert in interrogation technique.
Oh I agree the child that was staying home initially was most likely sick. Probably mom thought she'd drop the healthy child off and maybe get back to bed. When the OP called her out, she prolly thought "S*%!T !!!! I can't change my story now!" Because really, if the other child was truly just tired, why not every one sleep in and bring them in later (if allowed by DCP)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-18-2015, 03:07 PM
KBCsMommy's Avatar
KBCsMommy KBCsMommy is offline
Licensed Daycare Provider
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California
Posts: 388
Default

You ladies totally called it!!

I texted her how dcb was and she said he was up all night coughing. He's getting a cold.

I would of loved to grill the older sibling but she's only 2 so she probably would of given random answers!

The siblings are 8 months and 2.5 ..... she was doing what was easiest for herself!

I was honestly waiting for her to say he was teething
Oh wait that will be next week!!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-18-2015, 03:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBCsMommy View Post
You ladies totally called it!!

I texted her how dcb was and she said he was up all night coughing. He's getting a cold.

I would of loved to grill the older sibling but she's only 2 so she probably would of given random answers!

The siblings are 8 months and 2.5 ..... she was doing what was easiest for herself!

I was honestly waiting for her to say he was teething
Oh wait that will be next week!!
I have a grumpy infant here and he is always "teething"... he didn't get a tooth until 1 year! I just stopped telling dcm. So sick of excuses!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-18-2015, 03:57 PM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBCsMommy View Post
You ladies totally called it!!

I texted her how dcb was and she said he was up all night coughing. He's getting a cold.

I would of loved to grill the older sibling but she's only 2 so she probably would of given random answers!

The siblings are 8 months and 2.5 ..... she was doing what was easiest for herself!

I was honestly waiting for her to say he was teething
Oh wait that will be next week!!
I don't know where I got the older one was six?

Yeah 2.5 is a little young to get info.

I'm still going with puke as in "he's coughing so hard he's puking" puke. She laid down the foundation for that one.

I would be on red alert for both of them tomorrow being sick. Ask her point blank if either of them have had meds within the last 24 hours. There's no over the counter cough syrup so any cough medicine is either tylenol meds, advil, or benadryl meds.

If they have had any meds refuse them at the door.

It's a rare parent who will keep a kid home for a cough even if it's bad.... unless there are other unhideable symptoms like fever and vomit.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-18-2015, 07:51 PM
Mad_Pistachio's Avatar
Mad_Pistachio Mad_Pistachio is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thriftylady View Post
I could have seen me doing that when mine were little if I could have afforded the time off work. But you can bet my backside I would have been back in bed until little one woke up also!
I had a "job" but this was not a part of it, it was more like "can you come clean?" (no, I can't).
I ended up giving her a half-dose of Benadryl, and off to the Morpheus' kingdom we both went...
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-19-2015, 07:05 AM
Sugaree's Avatar
Sugaree Sugaree is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Georgia
Posts: 81
Default

Is it normal to have a policy in place to refuse all siblings if one is sick?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-19-2015, 07:17 AM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,091
Default

Please don't flame me, but I honestly don't see what the problem is. Trust me, I totally get it's your worst family and it would be nice to have both kids stay home and give ya a break, I really get that, but if one child was up alot during the night for whatever reason and the mom is beat and the other child is healthy, why not bring him/her? Maybe the mom needs to rest because she was up all night? Or did I not read it right? Again, I don't mean to be snarky, but just trying to understand the situation. If it's because you think the one child is sick and the other one may come down with it too, I mean all of the kids could come down with something from anywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-19-2015, 07:33 AM
Play Care's Avatar
Play Care Play Care is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 6,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
Please don't flame me, but I honestly don't see what the problem is. Trust me, I totally get it's your worst family and it would be nice to have both kids stay home and give ya a break, I really get that, but if one child was up alot during the night for whatever reason and the mom is beat and the other child is healthy, why not bring him/her? Maybe the mom needs to rest because she was up all night? Or did I not read it right? Again, I don't mean to be snarky, but just trying to understand the situation. If it's because you think the one child is sick and the other one may come down with it too, I mean all of the kids could come down with something from anywhere.
I agree. I can't imagine much quality time was going on if mom's original story was true (i.e. Child was just up late and she and child were staying home and chilling) or even in the more likely case that the other child was sick and mom had been up all night with them.

But even with as great as clients I have they do tend to "fib" about illness and the severity so that was the part that made me
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-19-2015, 07:34 AM
Play Care's Avatar
Play Care Play Care is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 6,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugaree View Post
Is it normal to have a policy in place to refuse all siblings if one is sick?
Currently I don't have that policy. But it's probably one of those ones that depends on the clients. If you have a family who frequently "fibs" about illnesses and the severity you're more likely to put something like that in place to protect the other kids. But I wouldn't say it's standard.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-19-2015, 07:43 AM
Fiddlesticks's Avatar
Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
Please don't flame me, but I honestly don't see what the problem is. Trust me, I totally get it's your worst family and it would be nice to have both kids stay home and give ya a break, I really get that, but if one child was up alot during the night for whatever reason and the mom is beat and the other child is healthy, why not bring him/her? Maybe the mom needs to rest because she was up all night? Or did I not read it right? Again, I don't mean to be snarky, but just trying to understand the situation. If it's because you think the one child is sick and the other one may come down with it too, I mean all of the kids could come down with something from anywhere.
From what I understood, the mother did not initially say the child staying home was up all night coughing, just that the child was up late and she was staying home anyway…. Had the mother said child one was ill, I am sure OP would not have responded as she did. I posted that I had one child stay home "just because" while his sibling came to daycare, and the next morning I sent him home with a fever. He obviously stayed home the first day because he was sick, not "just because" but the parents don't want to follow the 24 hour rule. So, instead he is out again today because he was sick here yesterday. The mother in the original post was trying to hide the fact that the child was ill, so instead she made it look like she was just going to spend the day with her well child, why not spend the day with both of your well children? Parents just need to be honest.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-19-2015, 08:12 AM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,091
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlesticks View Post
From what I understood, the mother did not initially say the child staying home was up all night coughing, just that the child was up late and she was staying home anyway…. Had the mother said child one was ill, I am sure OP would not have responded as she did. I posted that I had one child stay home "just because" while his sibling came to daycare, and the next morning I sent him home with a fever. He obviously stayed home the first day because he was sick, not "just because" but the parents don't want to follow the 24 hour rule. So, instead he is out again today because he was sick here yesterday. The mother in the original post was trying to hide the fact that the child was ill, so instead she made it look like she was just going to spend the day with her well child, why not spend the day with both of your well children? Parents just need to be honest.
Oh I completely understand your point of view. I agree some parents will fib an illness to get around the 24 hr rule most definitely. I actually just had a family keep 1 child home yesterday and bring 1 child actually. The child that stayed home helped dad get moms birthday present ready to surprise her and the younger one came here. Luckily, I get paid no matter if they're here or not, so I got paid for both kids yea! Sometimes parents do want to give 1 on 1 time with their kids too. Of course you get the parents that take advantage or feed us a line of bs, but sometimes I think it's ok to keep just 1 home.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-19-2015, 08:21 AM
Fiddlesticks's Avatar
Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 162
Default

I have had parents keep one child home for some special time, especially the older child when the sibling is an infant. I have never had a parent keep the youngest child home for special time and not the older sibling (us poor youngest children!) But it has always been planned---"FYI: I am keeping *dck* home on Friday so we can *do something fun*" I have never had a parent show up at the door with just one child because that morning they decided to spend quality time with the other child. The other child has always been ill on those occasions, and to my dcps credit, they are honest about that 90% of the time.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-19-2015, 08:24 AM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,091
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlesticks View Post
I have had parents keep one child home for some special time, especially the older child when the sibling is an infant. I have never had a parent keep the youngest child home for special time and not the older sibling (us poor youngest children!) But it has always been planned---"FYI: I am keeping *dck* home on Friday so we can *do something fun*" I have never had a parent show up at the door with just one child because that morning they decided to spend quality time with the other child. The other child has always been ill on those occasions, and to my dcps credit, they are honest about that 90% of the time.
I know, why do they never keep the younger one home? lol ! I know it's weird, but honestly I just had it yesterday with the family I wrote about above. He was supposed to come after preschool at noon and at 11:30 dad texted and said he was keeping him to do the birthday surprise for mom.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-19-2015, 08:31 AM
mommyneedsadayoff's Avatar
mommyneedsadayoff mommyneedsadayoff is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugaree View Post
Is it normal to have a policy in place to refuse all siblings if one is sick?
I have this policy for contagious illnesses. My kids always get whatever the other one gets. Right now, we are on day four of a stomach bug. Started with me, went to my daughter, then to my son. My husband is the only one to not get...so far
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-19-2015, 09:06 AM
Sugaree's Avatar
Sugaree Sugaree is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Georgia
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff View Post
I have this policy for contagious illnesses. My kids always get whatever the other one gets. Right now, we are on day four of a stomach bug. Started with me, went to my daughter, then to my son. My husband is the only one to not get...so far
That makes sense. But I can definitely see where staying home while mom is busy taking care of a sick sibling would be not fun for a kid who isn't sick yet. I was just kind of curious as to why mom would lie about kid being sick vs up late.

Although, up late is generally a sign my kid is getting sick. He didn't sleep well the night before last. Hyper and wanted to play all night. Sure enough, he started running a fever last night (and still up at 2 a.m. wanting to play). Luckily, DH didn't have class or clinicals today.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-19-2015, 09:59 AM
mommyneedsadayoff's Avatar
mommyneedsadayoff mommyneedsadayoff is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugaree View Post
That makes sense. But I can definitely see where staying home while mom is busy taking care of a sick sibling would be not fun for a kid who isn't sick yet. I was just kind of curious as to why mom would lie about kid being sick vs up late.

Although, up late is generally a sign my kid is getting sick. He didn't sleep well the night before last. Hyper and wanted to play all night. Sure enough, he started running a fever last night (and still up at 2 a.m. wanting to play). Luckily, DH didn't have class or clinicals today.
I think parents lie or don't tell the whole truth about it because they want to keep an "out" of sorts. If they just say their little one is tired and needs a day at home, then it seems like no big deal, but if they say little Jimmy was up all night coughing, then they may have to follow that up with possibly more sick days, a doctor visit, meds, ect. They don't want to go there unless they HAVE to, imo.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-19-2015, 10:11 AM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugaree View Post
That makes sense. But I can definitely see where staying home while mom is busy taking care of a sick sibling would be not fun for a kid who isn't sick yet. I was just kind of curious as to why mom would lie about kid being sick vs up late.

Although, up late is generally a sign my kid is getting sick. He didn't sleep well the night before last. Hyper and wanted to play all night. Sure enough, he started running a fever last night (and still up at 2 a.m. wanting to play). Luckily, DH didn't have class or clinicals today.
Having a kid stay up late as a precursor to getting sick may be common but a parent keeping a kid home from paid daycare for it would be VERY rare.

Now if the provider allows unpaid days off then YES the tired scenario would be common.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
funny

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ha Ha Hahaha...This Year's Pisa Tests... Heidi Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 0 12-04-2013 01:41 PM
A Mom that is Obsessed with Poo! MamaBear Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 8 08-15-2013 05:47 AM
Please Define Potty Trained :) wahmof3 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 18 05-10-2012 04:44 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:00 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming