Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Unpaid Days
Abigail 03:23 PM 11-23-2010
This is something I'm confused about. If I have everyone pay on Friday for the following week of care (Monday-Friday) and they decide they are going to take a vacation or use one of their couple days off for unpaid days, do you discount it when they tell you?

Example: (I will only take full time, so no daily rates have been enforced) Full time pays $125 on Friday for the following week of care. They tell me one week in advance that they will be leaving town for the weekend and will only attend Monday-Thursday, not friday. So, it's time to pay for the four day week. Do they just pay $100 and if they decide to come on Friday they need to pay before drop-off instead of pick-up?
marniewon 03:39 PM 11-23-2010
Yep, that's pretty much how I do it. The only time my families got a "credit" taken off of the following weeks' pay was when I took a sick day (I don't charge for those, but they had already paid for the week, so they got to take off $25 from the following weeks' pay).
Abigail 07:29 PM 11-23-2010
Originally Posted by marniewon:
Yep, that's pretty much how I do it. The only time my families got a "credit" taken off of the following weeks' pay was when I took a sick day (I don't charge for those, but they had already paid for the week, so they got to take off $25 from the following weeks' pay).
Do you just inform them verbally or do you have a short letter they sign as proof they didn't pay for your sick day?
safechner 08:43 PM 11-23-2010
Originally Posted by Abigail:
This is something I'm confused about. If I have everyone pay on Friday for the following week of care (Monday-Friday) and they decide they are going to take a vacation or use one of their couple days off for unpaid days, do you discount it when they tell you?

Example: (I will only take full time, so no daily rates have been enforced) Full time pays $125 on Friday for the following week of care. They tell me one week in advance that they will be leaving town for the weekend and will only attend Monday-Thursday, not friday. So, it's time to pay for the four day week. Do they just pay $100 and if they decide to come on Friday they need to pay before drop-off instead of pick-up?
Well, my policy if they give me at least two weeks notice if they are planning to go on vacation for one week so I give them unpaid vacation. If they give me short notice or without notice and I will charge them 1/2 rates. If they decided to take a couple days off but they still have to pay because I dont give them free days.

I would charge them on Friday. Making sure they pay you on Thursday evening before they go out of town.
marniewon 10:58 PM 11-23-2010
Originally Posted by Abigail:
Do you just inform them verbally or do you have a short letter they sign as proof they didn't pay for your sick day?
When I called/texted my families to let them know I would be closed the next day, I told them then that they could deduct $25 from the next check. I didn't put it in writing.

On any weeks that they took a vacation, they would drop off the check for that week on Friday. I require a 2 week written notice when taking vacation. Also, on my paid weeks' vacation, they gave me a check on the Friday before my vacation also.
Tags:drop off, due, pay, rate, vacation
Reply Up