Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Going To Go Crazy
sahm2three 12:48 PM 12-16-2010
As some of you may have read, in the vent thread colicky baby has been a complete nightmare today. Screaming all day long. Won't nap. Mom and dad are doing cry it out at home, and want me to do it here. He has been screaming off and on for an hour and a half as I try to get him to nap. I say on and off because I can't just leave him, so I go in from time to time to pat him and sssshhh him and rub his head, but don't pick him up. He somewhat calms down when I am in there, but not completely. Like I said, total nightmare. No break AGAIN for me today. Thank God mom is off during Christmas vacation, so he won't be here for a little over a week. Ugh! So exhausted.
momma2girls 02:21 PM 12-16-2010
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
As some of you may have read, in the vent thread colicky baby has been a complete nightmare today. Screaming all day long. Won't nap. Mom and dad are doing cry it out at home, and want me to do it here. He has been screaming off and on for an hour and a half as I try to get him to nap. I say on and off because I can't just leave him, so I go in from time to time to pat him and sssshhh him and rub his head, but don't pick him up. He somewhat calms down when I am in there, but not completely. Like I said, total nightmare. No break AGAIN for me today. Thank God mom is off during Christmas vacation, so he won't be here for a little over a week. Ugh! So exhausted.
Colicy babies are not much fun at all!! I have always talked about colicy babies to a couple of friends that do daycare, and they have never seen it before, but now both of them have had them, and they both let them go!!
Michael 02:50 PM 12-16-2010
I feel your pain. Our son was colic for a year. 1 hour of screaming with 2 hours of sleep. Never ended. Recorded washing machine sounds and rubbing his back would calm him somewhat. I also hear Dr Brown's bottles sometime help. Good luck.

Some other threads on the Daycare.com Forum on colic: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=colic
booroo 05:48 PM 12-16-2010
I think its terrible that they are letting a colicy baby cry it out... I had 3 of them.... its gas drops, grip water, swaddles, and white nose... you can google white nose cd, LOVED them... but colic is bad, and then need to find away to try and calm the baby... every baby does have something they will like... also try a bouncy seat, or one of those swings that does circles vs the back and forth motion.

Good luck!!
Little People 05:53 PM 12-16-2010
The Dr. Brown bottles work wonders!! I bought them for my grandbaby and all the crying stopped in 24 hours. The 6 week old baby I am taking next week, mommie said baby gets alot of gas...oh no, so I ask her to go buy Dr. brown bottles. But to be on the safe side, I am buying 4 of them this weekend and I will use them here!
Tags:colic
Reply Up