Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>For Everyone With a Website...
dEHmom 08:56 AM 08-11-2011
Just want to suggest that you google "no right click" and plop the HTML tag into your webpages. This prevents copy and paste.
KEG123 09:25 AM 08-11-2011
Not foolproof. Anyone can take a screenshot of your page. Definitely cannot prevent that.
dEHmom 01:00 PM 08-11-2011
Originally Posted by KEG123:
Not foolproof. Anyone can take a screenshot of your page. Definitely cannot prevent that.
Yes I realize that, but some people don't know how to do that - ahem me! lol

It just makes it a little bit more work to actually take what you want off the page. does that make sense?
Dahlia 02:29 PM 08-11-2011
Just make sure you leave the name, address, phone number, directions, and all that stuff steal-able, in case somebody wants to cut and paste to make a to-call/visit list.
KEG123 05:45 AM 08-12-2011
All it takes is a google search on how to screen shot. Yes it's one extra step, but if someone REALLY wants your picture it is very simple to get. That's all I'm sayin'.
dEHmom 05:50 AM 08-12-2011
Originally Posted by KEG123:
All it takes is a google search on how to screen shot. Yes it's one extra step, but if someone REALLY wants your picture it is very simple to get. That's all I'm sayin'.
I was seriously debating whether i should lock the webpages that have the pictures and such, but then realized that i would then have to pay because it is not an option on the free website. grrr.

what i decided to do though, is just take the pdf link off of my website for the policies and just posted them on a webpage and did the no right click. I also am looking into the hidden message one, but not sure how it works or if it's worth while.
MarinaVanessa 09:45 AM 08-12-2011
Do you have to do it to all of your pages? My current website has like 12 pages that I'd have to do it to. I'm building a new one now with flash so saving my pictures isn't going to be a big deal.
Tags:websites
Reply Up