Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Paid Holidays
lucky 10:16 AM 10-12-2011
Hi everyone! I am still working on my contract revision and am wondering what Holidays you all take off and if you take them paid or unpaid. Thankyou so much for the input!
lil angels 10:21 AM 10-12-2011
I take new hrs day,memorial day, good fri,labor day,thanks giving and the day after, Xmas eve and day, July 4th. All pd and if they fall on a weekend I get the day before or after off.
cheerfuldom 10:21 AM 10-12-2011
I started out unpaid and changed that after 2 years in day care. By then I had a good reputation and some families that had been with me awhile. It depends on your area though and how quickly you need to start kids. Right now I get paid no matter what happens and have around 8 paid holidays and 10 paid vacation days.
dave4him 10:24 AM 10-12-2011
New Year’s Day
Fourth of July
Labor Day
Thanksgiving, the Friday following Thanksgiving
Christmas Eve Day, Christmas Day
Blackcat31 10:28 AM 10-12-2011
Here is a link to some other threads about time off, paid holidays and the like.....
https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...=paid+holidays
Meeko 01:32 PM 10-12-2011
New Years Day
Memorial Day
Labor Day
4th July
Christmas Day
Thanksgiving
Good Friday

All paid holidays.

I also take the day after Thanksgiving off unpaid.

If holidays fall on a weekend, I get the Friday or Monday off paid.

I close the day care between Christmas and New Year as the majority of the dcp's are off anyway. I provide care at my home for those few days to those who want it, but they must sign up in advance with strict schedules so I can arrange my family schedule around it.
caligirl 02:08 PM 10-12-2011
My Paid Holidays:

New Years Eve and New Years Day
President's Day
MLT Bday
Memorial Day
Labor Day
4th July
Veterans Day
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day and the day after
Thanksgiving weekend
AND my very own birthday (:

Unregistered 02:48 PM 10-12-2011
Originally Posted by lucky:
Hi everyone! I am still working on my contract revision and am wondering what Holidays you all take off and if you take them paid or unpaid. Thankyou so much for the input!

All my holidays off are paid I take:
New Years Day
Memorial Day
4th of July
Labor Day
Thanksgiving Day
Black Friday
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day
New Years Eve

If my holiday off falls on Saturday I am closed Friday and if my holiday falls on a Sunday I am closed Monday
lucky 07:00 AM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by caligirl:
My Paid Holidays:

New Years Eve and New Years Day
President's Day
MLT Bday
Memorial Day
Labor Day
4th July
Veterans Day
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day and the day after
Thanksgiving weekend
AND my very own birthday (:

Did any of the parent's have a problem with the "bank" holidays like President's Day, MLK, and Veterans Day? I would love to add them as all of my DCP's have them off and I end up with the kids of course!
caligirl 07:09 AM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by lucky:
Did any of the parent's have a problem with the "bank" holidays like President's Day, MLK, and Veterans Day? I would love to add them as all of my DCP's have them off and I end up with the kids of course!
If they did, they sure didn't say anything.
Sprouts 07:53 PM 10-13-2011
I take off all Federal Holidays and give my parents this website which has every year! up to 2020
http://www.opm.gov/operating_status_...edhol/2011.asp
CheekyChick 08:00 PM 10-13-2011
I take off ALL federal holidays. Paid. Even Columbus Day.
nannyde 03:01 AM 10-14-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
All my holidays off are paid I take:
New Years Day
Memorial Day
4th of July
Labor Day
Thanksgiving Day
Black Friday
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day
New Years Eve

If my holiday off falls on Saturday I am closed Friday and if my holiday falls on a Sunday I am closed Monday
That's what I do
Meyou 04:45 AM 10-14-2011
I take all paid holidays unless a client's regularly scheduled day off happens to fall on the same day. I have a couple of 4 day a week (set schedule) clients that I don't charge if the holiday is on their normal day home. It only happens a couple of times a year.

New Year's Eve
New Year's Day
Good Friday
Easter Monday
Victoria Day
Canada Day
Labor Day
Natal Day
Thanksgiving Monday
Rememberance Day
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day
Boxing Day

ETA: I give out a holiday schedule every January with all paid days off and my vacations listed. I note any payment adjustments right on this list so I never have any questions or disputes about what is owed on weeks I have time off. They all keep them on the fridge at home.
caligirl 06:34 AM 10-14-2011
For the first 20 years of doing this job I'd give out my yearly calendar in January with all paid holidays and vacations.....but the last 6 years I give out a 6 month calendar. I'd find there were things that would come up during the year that I wanted to do but didn't because I had not planned on it and didn't want to change the calendar...... so now, I give out a calendar at the end of the year for January through June and then another calendar at the beginning of June through December.
gelbesonn 12:25 PM 10-16-2011
ALL Federal Holidays (if on a w/e I take the Fri/Mon depending on when it falls) and also the Friday after Thanksgiving.
No one complains about it. That's just the way it is and they know if up front.
I give them the Federal Holiday calendar every year at the beginning of the year, and I also remind them at least 2 weeks before in case they forget.
2ndFamilyDC 06:43 AM 10-18-2011
I get paid for NYE - NYD - Good Friday - Memorial Day - 4th of July - Labor Day - Thanksgiving and the day after - Christmas Eve and Day. And if they fall on a weekend then I get paid for the Friday before or Monday after.
squareone 07:02 AM 10-18-2011
All federal holidays plus the day after Thanksgiving and I also close early on Christmas Eve. All paid.
Tags:holidays, paid holidays
Reply Up