Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Term Drop In Care
Ac114 07:02 AM 03-27-2018
I have a child this week for drop in care for spring break. He’s 5 and seriously lacks discipline at home. Extremely disrespectful and test boundaries. Has already told me he doesn’t care what I have to say when I told him to stop throwing the wooden blocks. Has anyone termed drop in care? I’m just trying to make it to the end of the week knowing it’s temporary. If he was I’m enrolled as a full time child, I would absolutely call for pick up and be done. I just keep telling myself that I have 4 more days left. 😩😩😩😩
Blackcat31 07:17 AM 03-27-2018
Originally Posted by Ac114:
I have a child this week for drop in care for spring break. He’s 5 and seriously lacks discipline at home. Extremely disrespectful and test boundaries. Has already told me he doesn’t care what I have to say when I told him to stop throwing the wooden blocks. Has anyone termed drop in care? I’m just trying to make it to the end of the week knowing it’s temporary. If he was I’m enrolled as a full time child, I would absolutely call for pick up and be done. I just keep telling myself that I have 4 more days left. 😩😩😩😩
Part time, full time or drop in..... that type of blatant disrespect (at that age) and/or physical aggression and you are no longer welcome in my home.

At pick up today, I'd tell the parent you are no longer willing to provide services for a child that is that rude.

....and as a drop in to boot...most kids aren't that rude until they've at least established some type of relationship with the caregiver they are dissing.

NOTHING wring with "terming" today.

I would. I can't think of a single incident in which I needed the money enough that I'd be willing to deal with that more than a single day.
Play Care 09:17 AM 03-27-2018
I agree with Blackcat. I wouldn't even entertain his returning and enjoy the rest of my regular week.
daycarediva 09:22 AM 03-27-2018
I would just refund at pick up, and tell them that based on his behavior you aren't willing to provide further care.
Ariana 10:06 AM 03-28-2018
I would be even more inclined to term a drop in because there is absolutely no real reason to work on the issue, this kid is not my consistent paycheck!
Tags:drop in care, terminate - drop in care
Reply Up