Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>wwyd??
Unregistered 01:04 PM 08-04-2014
If you got a snotty 2 page letter from a DCM about stuff that happened or was said to her a year ago? about things she didn't like when I told her she was the boss and that her child wasn't about his shorts were to small just little things and she wrote a letter about all of it and told me I will lose clients she needs to look around because I'm full.

What would you do?How would you respond to her?? I just don't know what to do she said she didn't want to make me mad and she doesn't want to find another daycare. What do I do??
Play Care 01:12 PM 08-04-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
If you got a snotty 2 page letter from a DCM about stuff that happened or was said to her a year ago? about things she didn't like when I told her she was the boss and that her child wasn't about his shorts were to small just little things and she wrote a letter about all of it and told me I will lose clients she needs to look around because I'm full.

What would you do?How would you respond to her?? I just don't know what to do she said she didn't want to make me mad and she doesn't want to find another daycare. What do I do??
If it was a current client? I would address it head on. "Sally, I received your letter yesterday. What day works for a conference?" If she dithers or hesitates I would be clear "Sally, we can't go on like this. We need to either meet and clear the air or you need to find care that better suits your needs."

If the client had already left? Nothing. Just enjoy that I don't have to have a seat at her circus
nannyde 01:15 PM 08-04-2014
Did you term?
Unregistered 01:31 PM 08-04-2014
Nope I didn't term. She was my first client and now I have 12 other children in care I think it's hard not being #1 top priority anymore. I've been avoiding her if possible my assistant deals with her. She gave the letter to my assistant an told her not to give it to me for a few days well I found the letter and am not happy.

This lady just needs to grow up and quit making problems were there are none.
Josiegirl 01:35 PM 08-04-2014
I'd be filling her spot asap and then tell her to kiss my grits.
Blackcat31 02:06 PM 08-04-2014
If this mom is so unhappy that she has literally kept track of all the "wrongs" for a year now, why is she still enrolled?

You'd think she would have left on her own due to her not being happy there.
Play Care 02:14 PM 08-04-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Nope I didn't term. She was my first client and now I have 12 other children in care I think it's hard not being #1 top priority anymore. I've been avoiding her if possible my assistant deals with her. She gave the letter to my assistant an told her not to give it to me for a few days well I found the letter and am not happy.

This lady just needs to grow up and quit making problems were there are none.
In that case, I would term. I kept my first client and of course when I became licensed and had to make changes to follow regs they were not happy. Became passive aggressive the rest of the time. I wish I had termed
bklsmum 02:26 PM 08-04-2014
I would term! Did your assistant give you the letter right away? If not, I'd be mad!
sharlan 03:18 PM 08-04-2014
I would have a heart to heart with my assistant and term the family.

Your asst works for you, not the family.

Parent should not have involved your employee in business affairs.
grandmom 03:37 PM 08-04-2014
Ditto for comments about employee.

Talk to her face to face. "I'm thinking you aren't happy right now" and then let her talk. Don't say a word, till you're ready to negotiate, apologize, or term.
cheerfuldom 06:01 PM 08-04-2014
I would just tell her to her face "I received your letter and can tell you are unhappy here. I agree that we aren't the right fit for one another so this will be your two weeks termination notice (hand it to her)" and then no matter what she says just keep saying "The termination is final and non-negotiable" It sounds like you have no problem replacing her and why deal with a drama mama that is keeping track of things, writing letters but supposedly doesnt want a different daycare? clearly this is a power play and now you just need to call her bluff and be done with it. I also have had parents complain about little things that happened months ago. If it was that big of a deal to them, they should have spoken up at the time, not saved all the details as weapons against you later.
midaycare 08:33 PM 08-04-2014
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I would just tell her to her face "I received your letter and can tell you are unhappy here. I agree that we aren't the right fit for one another so this will be your two weeks termination notice (hand it to her)" and then no matter what she says just keep saying "The termination is final and non-negotiable" It sounds like you have no problem replacing her and why deal with a drama mama that is keeping track of things, writing letters but supposedly doesnt want a different daycare? clearly this is a power play and now you just need to call her bluff and be done with it. I also have had parents complain about little things that happened months ago. If it was that big of a deal to them, they should have spoken up at the time, not saved all the details as weapons against you later.
The last thing you want is her complaining to the state about you. Sounds like she is keeping a nice list of everything you do that she doesn't like. I would definitely term.
AmyKidsCo 08:35 PM 08-04-2014
Originally Posted by midaycare:
The last thing you want is her complaining to the state about you. Sounds like she is keeping a nice list of everything you do that she doesn't like. I would definitely term.

coolconfidentme 03:35 AM 08-05-2014
I would term & attached her letter to it. She needs a reminder of how petty, childish & rude she is.
daycarediva 03:42 AM 08-05-2014
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
exactly. Good bye!
dave4him 06:46 AM 08-05-2014

Reply Up