Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cartwheel
MsLaura529 04:50 AM 09-20-2013
Not the gymnastics move - although I did do a cartwheel this summer for my daughter. It was one of those moments where I felt incredibly old, stars spinning in my eyes, ever muscle in my body ached for days ... bad move.

Anyways ...does anyone else use the Cartwheel by Target app? I LOVE it. I just wanted to share the info about it in case somebody is missing out. It's basically a coupon clipping app for Target, you can clip up to 12 coupons to start (and then you get to earn more spots for coupons the more you use it). And then when you get to the store, they scan the barcode on your phone, and Bam! Money saved!

You can use the coupons as many times as you want until they expire. And you can use them on to of your Red Card savings and manufacturer's coupons as well, and they often times have a lot of "double dip" ads, where something is already on sale in their weekly ad, and then they throw in a 5% coupon on Cartwheel. Most of the coupons are 5%, but I did some school clothes shopping for DD with some good 25% coupons on clothing. They have every single category in the store covered.
Familycare71 04:55 AM 09-20-2013
I have it but haven't used it- I am horrible at remembering to use things like that
melilley 05:03 AM 09-20-2013
I have what I call a "dumb" phone and can't do that on mine.
But as far as doing a physical cartwheel-you are not alone! I won't do them anymore because my body had the same reaction as yours. It's a pain getting old...
Shell 05:14 AM 09-20-2013
Not yet, but I really want to. I have a "dumb" phone, too. The only option I think I have is to like cartwheel on facebook, but it wants to have access to my friends list, and I'm not comfortable with that. Maybe someone more tech savvy knows a way around this?
Blackcat31 05:19 AM 09-20-2013
Isn't is somehow connected to Facebook?

I have delayed even looking at it because I thought it was connected to Facebook and I have zero interest in letting all my friends and family know which items I purchase at Target.

I do have Target's mobile app and use the coupons on that app all the time. You just have to show that cashier your phone and she scans the code for you. I like that process a lot because it's simple.
MamaBearCanada 05:31 AM 09-20-2013
Originally Posted by mrsmichelle:
Not yet, but I really want to. I have a "dumb" phone, too. The only option I think I have is to like cartwheel on facebook, but it wants to have access to my friends list, and I'm not comfortable with that. Maybe someone more tech savvy knows a way around this?
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

I have delayed even looking at it because I thought it was connected to Facebook and I have zero interest in letting all my friends and family know which items I purchase at Target.

I do have Target's mobile app and use the coupons on that app all the time. You just have to show that cashier your phone and she scans the code for you. I like that process a lot because it's simple.
Could you set up a second "shopping" Facebook account?
MsLaura529 05:40 AM 09-20-2013
When I first registered on it, and the facebook thing popped up, I just pressed "skip", so it doesn't post on there. I noticed that, like when I clipped a coupon for girls' underwear, it told me it was clipped privately so no one else could see that I was going to be buying underwear. Maybe there's an option to clip them all privately in case you can't skip the facebook feature?
mema 05:50 AM 09-20-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
I have what I call a "dumb" phone and can't do that on mine.
But as far as doing a physical cartwheel-you are not alone! I won't do them anymore because my body had the same reaction as yours. It's a pain getting old...
I believe you can do it online and then print out a page with the barcode on it. I have used it on my phone a few times, but our Target kinda ticks me off so I don't go much.
mema 05:52 AM 09-20-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

I have all my games/apps set to private. I hate when everyones stuff shows up in your news feed. I don't care that you gave someone life or an animal. If I go into my account activity log, it will show me what I put on my list, but it does not show on the feed. I do believe tho, that it still shows on the Cartwheel app itself to your friends that have it.
Familycare71 05:54 AM 09-20-2013
Originally Posted by mema:
I have all my games/apps set to private. I hate when everyones stuff shows up in your news feed. I don't care that you gave someone life or an animal. If I go into my account activity log, it will show me what I put on my list, but it does not show on the feed. I do believe tho, that it still shows on the Cartwheel app itself to your friends that have it.
I didn't know you could do that- do you do it through the apps or privacy setting??
Blackcat31 05:57 AM 09-20-2013
Originally Posted by MamaBearCanada:
Could you set up a second "shopping" Facebook account?
So I looked up Cartwheel on the web and went to the feedback area and FAQ areas..... apparently a lot of people are PO'ed that this app is connected to Facebook.

As far as creating a secondary acct on FB just for shopping, I found this comment:

I started Cartwheel on the mobile website using a different Facebook account. I downloaded the app and now I can't login using my original Facebook account I started with since it is not the main account on my phone. There should be a way to login using any Facebook account or login using an email address.

The comments were all generally similar, people upset about the FB connection.

An employee did post that they were working on it but I think the comment was posted a while ago so I don't know...

It definitely sounds like fantastic savings but I refuse to participate in something that REQUIRES me to log in through FB....how many people don't use FB so now can't use these savings....not good business practice on Target's part IMHO.

Here is the link if anyone wants to read the comments : http://cartwheelsupport.target.com/c...acebook?page=1
mema 05:58 AM 09-20-2013
Originally Posted by Familycare71:
I didn't know you could do that- do you do it through the apps or privacy setting??
If you are already signed up, I believe you go into the settings on your fb and on the side is an option for apps and you can change it to "only me"
melilley 06:39 AM 09-20-2013
I believe you can do it online and then print out a page with the barcode on it. I have used it on my phone a few times, but our Target kinda ticks me off so I don't go much.
Oh, thanks, I'll have to try that. My dh is a manager at Target, but I don't go there very often. The customer service at the one by my house (not where dh works) is very slooooowwww!
harperluu 10:19 AM 09-20-2013
Shopkick is great too!
Memc2001 10:28 AM 09-20-2013
Thanks for the info. I have heard of it but never took the time to look into it. I just downloaded it.
I got my RedCard a couple months ago so I look forward to using it!
slorey 10:34 AM 09-20-2013
It is apps like this one that make me wish I didn't have a dumb phone as well. However, a smart phone is definitely not in the budget right now. Wonder if I can convince my hubby that the savings I could get through this app would help offset the cost of a smartphone?
mema 10:35 AM 09-20-2013
Originally Posted by harperluu:
Shopkick is great too!

Except now my camera on my phone stopped working, so no scanning for me. I also have had a heck of a time getting my walk in kicks. I started using at the beginning of the year and as of July, had 2-$25 Target Gift Cards! Swagbucks is good too. That is online-I don't think there's an app for that. Surveys, games, videos.
Kym2098 06:47 PM 09-20-2013

If you are already signed up, I believe you go into the settings on your fb and on the side is an option for apps and you can change it to "only me"

Shell 06:29 PM 02-22-2014
Just wanted to thank you guys for this post from a while back. I wound up joining Cartwheel, and have saved over $100 between a new car seat and new carpet. It's a great app to have, so I recommend joining if you haven't already
Reply Up