Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Day Care and Disability
Neekie 12:49 PM 01-10-2014
Does anybody here know if it is possible to do child care on a part-time basis and still be on partial disability? I am partially disabled and would probably qualify for disability, but I have never applied because I want to work and do as much as I can for myself and because I love children and my job. However because of my disability I have to have an assistant here working with me. But it is just getting so expensive to hire people that it just is not economical for me to do that anymore. Now if I cut down on the number children that I have here, I could manage without help except that I would need help getting the children outside in the winter and I could probably have a friend or neighbor help me with that. So if I cut the number of children that I care for down to two or three, my income would drop too low even if I don't have helpers. So could I collect a partial disability if I qualify for it and still have my day care? Is there anybody here who has been is this situation? I hate being dependent on the government and have always been independent and never collected anything due to my disability before, but it is just getting tougher trying to keep up with the bills.
Tags:disability, workers comp
Up